State Of Emergency Announced In Bangkok

george

I thought 7-11 was an American company.....
Correct they are an American company. CP has the concession for 7-11 in Thailand. They pay 7-11 for the right to use the 7-11 name. It's the same for McDonalds, Burger King, KFC and etc.

etc. includes disney, coca-cola and all the other american octopussies, successfully pressing the last cent from poor uneducated advertising tv addicts........now they also conquered china recently...............my god......"eli eli lama sabachthani"

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

excellent retort,i think he was the dude who tried to trash my factual report of pad been paids and flown from phuket.

I can not support the people against democracy for the same reason i can support the people plundering party they just no good for any kind of system wheres the democrats?

just for clarity, as posted it was a report alleging that PAD supporters were paid and flown from Phuket, of which, is there a follow-up you could provide regarding how many people were allegedly flown to Bangkok?

I have better things to do than follow a truck to the airport my friend,why not look at this post with the message at the end, where are the democrats and stop wasting energy on water under the bridge.I was just making a point thats already been agreed with by other posts any way

some bed time reading its interesting they are making a profit.

http://www.prachatai.com/english/news.php?id=789

As a general inquiry, do most of these blog entries identify the writer with only a pseudonym or as in the case I had twice inquired about, without response, to the blog entry that permanent disorder had linked earlier that didn't contain any identification of the writer at all?

excellent retort,i think he was the dude who tried to trash my factual report of pad been paids and flown from phuket.

I can not support the people against democracy for the same reason i can support the people plundering party they just no good for any kind of system wheres the democrats?

just for clarity, as posted it was a report alleging that PAD supporters were paid and flown from Phuket, of which, is there a follow-up you could provide regarding how many people were allegedly flown to Bangkok?

I have better things to do than follow a truck to the airport my friend,why not look at this post with the message at the end, where are the democrats and stop wasting energy on water under the bridge.I was just making a point thats already been agreed with by other posts any way

oh ok, thank you for confirming it is only alleged and not factual.

As a general inquiry, do most of these blog entries identify the writer with only a pseudonym or as in the case I had twice inquired about, without response, to the blog entry that permanent disorder had linked earlier that didn't contain any identification of the writer at all?

What I hope you dont think i am that loony

Just read the article...it started out pretty good, but the following passage that ended it, is wishful thinking. It has gone way beyond that point already.

To stop and step back from the abyss,

The government must urgently withdraw its security apparatus from encountering the PAD anywhere.

The 9 PAD leaders who have been issued arrest warrants must turn themselves in to the authorities to fight in the legal process at once.

What the article doesn't take into account is that the PAD is constantly gaining in popularity. The leaders turning themselves in, would be political suicide and an end to the PAD movement. The only real force that seems to be holding the government accountable at the moment. (Aside from the courts, which could easily be overpowered by the government, without help from PAD)

Remember, you still have a known, convicted Criminal (Thaksin, who also has a warrant for his arrest out on him) running around with a diplomatic passport, which Samak and his PPP coalition refuses to revoke. That's just one of the many reasons, that we need the PAD.

I agree ,i think he just just lost the will to live and had to end the article some how but i think stepping back from the abyss was valid.so how do you see this ending?

Glad you asked...

First of all, I would not want to see the PAD taking over government without being democratically elected. (Something that I don't see happening anyways)

Secondly, I see Samak and his PPP in a no-win situation: If they use violence against the protesters, Sondhi and his allies will be seen as Martyrs for the next couple of generations. It would throw the country into utter chaos. Besides the PPP got to much exposed corruption on them now, to be an effective government. So one way out, that I can see, is to fast track the courts on making a decision if the PPP should be disolved. Then, if convicted, disolve it and call an election. Let the Election Commission be in charge of the elections and let the military take temporary control of the government, until the new election is finished. Also instruct the military to evict protestors, if they refuse to leave the government grounds after the PPP agrees to be disolved and Samak resigns.

Organize the new elections as quickly as possible, invite international observers to give them an air of legitimacy and have it set up, that scrutineers from each party can be at every polling station, to ensure that things are run properly in the next election.

Drop all charges against PAD organizers, if they vacate peacefully and pay for government grounds complete restoration and restoration of any other damages caused to public property.

Drop all the charges against Union members and don't penalize the students for their peaceful protests.

I realize that my plan is a little weak as far as filling the void during the election campaign, as government needs to continue running at some level.

Anyways, this is just something I came up with in a few minutes, so I am sure there are smarter people than me out there, to come up with something better ;-)

I propose that we import south pole penguins and build ice factories for them to stay cool,

to replace the current government and parllement, and pay them with 2 fish per day.

To be weighed by the courts each morning. They will act more civilly and better dressed too.

thanx 'animatic' for making me laugh out loud after so many serious arguments....thanx

My pleasure.

We have dealt with so many absurdities in a serious subject,

I thought a REAL absurdity was called for to lighten things a notch...

if it worked for one person, GOOD!

Just read the article...it started out pretty good, but the following passage that ended it, is wishful thinking. It has gone way beyond that point already.

To stop and step back from the abyss,

The government must urgently withdraw its security apparatus from encountering the PAD anywhere.

The 9 PAD leaders who have been issued arrest warrants must turn themselves in to the authorities to fight in the legal process at once.

What the article doesn't take into account is that the PAD is constantly gaining in popularity. The leaders turning themselves in, would be political suicide and an end to the PAD movement. The only real force that seems to be holding the government accountable at the moment. (Aside from the courts, which could easily be overpowered by the government, without help from PAD)

Remember, you still have a known, convicted Criminal (Thaksin, who also has a warrant for his arrest out on him) running around with a diplomatic passport, which Samak and his PPP coalition refuses to revoke. That's just one of the many reasons, that we need the PAD.

I agree ,i think he just just lost the will to live and had to end the article some how but i think stepping back from the abyss was valid.so how do you see this ending?

Glad you asked...

First of all, I would not want to see the PAD taking over government without being democratically elected. (Something that I don't see happening anyways)

Secondly, I see Samak and his PPP in a no-win situation: If they use violence against the protesters, Sondhi and his allies will be seen as Martyrs for the next couple of generations. It would throw the country into utter chaos. Besides the PPP got to much exposed corruption on them now, to be an effective government. So one way out, that I can see, is to fast track the courts on making a decision if the PPP should be disolved. Then, if convicted, disolve it and call an election. Let the Election Commission be in charge of the elections and let the military take temporary control of the government, until the new election is finished. Also instruct the military to evict protestors, if they refuse to leave the government grounds after the PPP agrees to be disolved and Samak resigns.

Organize the new elections as quickly as possible, invite international observers to give them an air of legitimacy and have it set up, that scrutineers from each party can be at every polling station, to ensure that things are run properly in the next election.

Drop all charges against PAD organizers, if they vacate peacefully and pay for government grounds complete restoration and restoration of any other damages caused to public property.

Drop all the charges against Union members and don't penalize the students for their peaceful protests.

I realize that my plan is a little weak as far as filling the void during the election campaign, as government needs to continue running at some level.

Anyways, this is just something I came up with in a few minutes, so I am sure there are smarter people than me out there, to come up with something better ;-)

well its a better plan than the powers that be have

Some hypothetical questions. (I realize monitoring is not realistic, so please use your imagination and try to answer seriously)

1.Would any of the PAD supporters here accept the outcome of a referendum if it was monitored to ensure it was fair....and the questions put forward were agreed to by both the government and the PAD?

3.Do you believe Sondhi would recognize the majorities vote if it did not go in his favor?

welcome back, fatty.

first: "Did I come in here last night, and spend 10,000 baht? I did? Oh thank God.....I thought I'd lost it !!" i think: "you've lost it"...

second: what do you think is fair?

third: who do you think is sondhi in thai history? what is a majority in thailand? nowadays? what do you think about 'corruption'?

Some hypothetical questions. (I realize monitoring is not realistic, so please use your imagination and try to answer seriously)

1.Would any of the PAD supporters here accept the outcome of a referendum if it was monitored to ensure it was fair....and the questions put forward were agreed to by both the government and the PAD?

3.Do you believe Sondhi would recognize the majorities vote if it did not go in his favor?

welcome back, fatty.

first: "Did I come in here last night, and spend 10,000 baht? I did? Oh thank God.....I thought I'd lost it !!" i think: "you've lost it"...

second: what do you think is fair?

third: who do you think is sondhi in thai history? what is a majority in thailand? nowadays? what do you think about 'corruption'?

found someone new to pick on then! dead fish at dawn

What I hope you dont think i am that loony

Do you mean loony as permanent disorder? Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply that at all.

I just meant that he had also posted a link to this blog, but for a different blog entry and on that one the writer was not identified.

In another link for that blog that was posted earlier, the blog entry writer was only identified by a pseudonym.

That's why I was wondering if most of the blog entries from this site were similarly vague as to their origin of who wrote what.

While they may be interesting to read, I think it's important to clarify the status of their creations and that they are not news clippings.

Edited by sriracha john

Hmmm, how long before the DAAD return to the fray I wonder?

not long, not long......sad enough................therefore someone needs to lift the 'state of emergency'. just to allow them to come back and the killings continue...........i dunno what to say....my throat is choked with fear........

And if you consider that what he is talking about is reducing/disenfranchising the rural poor from principally Isaan (Thai/Isaan/Lao) you wouldn't believe that he is acting with a very dangerous divisive ulterior economic motive.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_Asia/ID27Ae01.html

From an interview given by/attributed to Sondhi

Then here I came and they all came out because I represent them. Ninety percent of the middle class have Chinese blood[/u][/b]. They look up at me and say, he is my man who dares to speak on my behalf. And I sincerely believe and still do that if we can organize this middle class well, arouse their political rights, telling them that they have rights as much as the elite have, it's time to get up and protect our rights, that is a threat.

During the first 25 days of the rally, the PAD received 26 million baht and paid 24 million, according to the PAD’s coordinator Suriyasai Katasila. During the three months, the PAD has sold 90,000 ‘Patriotic Chinese Descendants’ t-shirts for 25 million baht, according to political scientist and Sondhi Limthongkul’s close associate Chai-Anan Samudavanija. And after the Government House siege, the PAD has 6.6 million baht remaining in its bank accounts, plus gold worth 1,056,000 baht, according to one of the PAD’s leaders, Chamlong Srimuang.

Thailand is held together under the constitutional right that all Thai's are of the same blood and are all equal. What he truly feels in his heart he is definitely not conveying in his speeches now. We have seen what has happened in history when people did not see the facts in front of their eyes. I am not conveying any other facts than I have freely found on the web. This man is very very dangerous. I don't like corruption, I don't like vote buying, but this man is blatently gaining support by turning one class(group) on another.

Where is electoral selection leading? Who is paying for this charade? Who has a vested interest in this mess?

Edited by Thai at Heart

And if you consider that what he is talking about is reducing/disenfranchising the rural poor from principally Isaan (Thai/Isaan/Lao) you wouldn't believe that he is acting with a very dangerous divisive ulterior economic motive.

Then here I came and they all came out because I represent them. Ninety percent of the middle class have Chinese blood[/u][/b]. They look up at me and say, he is my man who dares to speak on my behalf. And I sincerely believe and still do that if we can organize this middle class well, arouse their political rights, telling them that they have rights as much as the elite have, it's time to get up and protect our rights, that is a threat.

During the first 25 days of the rally, the PAD received 26 million baht and paid 24 million, according to the PAD’s coordinator Suriyasai Katasila. During the three months, the PAD has sold 90,000 ‘Patriotic Chinese Descendants’ t-shirts for 25 million baht, according to political scientist and Sondhi Limthongkul’s close associate Chai-Anan Samudavanija. And after the Government House siege, the PAD has 6.6 million baht remaining in its bank accounts, plus gold worth 1,056,000 baht, according to one of the PAD’s leaders, Chamlong Srimuang.

Thailand is held together under the constitutional right that all Thai's are of the same blood and are all equal. What he truly feels in his heart he is definitely not conveying in his speeches now. We have seen what has happened in history when people did not see the facts in front of their eyes. I am not conveying any other facts than I have freely found on the web. This man is very very dangerous. I don't like corruption, I don't like vote buying, but this man is blatently gaining support by turning one class(group) on another.

Where is electoral selection leading? Who is paying for this charade? Who has a vested interest in this mess?

so a 200k profit a day and rising no doubt, good business i think 100 days 20m go on call me a cynic

I thought 7-11 was an American company.....
Correct they are an American company. CP has the concession for 7-11 in Thailand. They pay 7-11 for the right to use the 7-11 name. It's the same for McDonalds, Burger King, KFC and etc.

etc. includes disney, coca-cola and all the other american octopussies, successfully pressing the last cent from poor uneducated advertising tv addicts........now they also conquered china recently...............my god......"eli eli lama sabachthani"

7-11 was an American company. It has been owned by a Japanese company since 1991.

7-Eleven

Some things are worth fighting for. Haven't we gone overboard with this "avoid violence at all costs" idea? Yeah, violence sucks, but sometimes it's necessary. Are they gonna let the whole nation fall apart because they're afraid somebody might get hurt or die? Most free, democratic, stable nations in the world lost many lives in the pursuit of establishing their constitutional democracies. They let the PAD sit in the months and months "'cause they were afraid of violence!" They let the PAD take over the PM's office and govt house "cause they were afraid of violence!" Now they don't want a referendum because it risks "sparking new violence". Oh cry me a river! Surround govt house with 50,000 unarmed soldiers, and starting from the outside of the crowd pick them up one by one and ship 'em away. Yeah, some fights might break out and somebody might even die! Is the chance of violence worth it? Yes it is.

yes, django, yes....i am afraid of the violence you seem to promote so vehemently. i cry you a river! why don't you promote surround 'white house' with 49,000 unarmed protesters and 'pick them one up by one'.....for the sake of WORLD peace!

Hmmm, how long before the DAAD return to the fray I wonder?

not long, not long......sad enough................therefore someone needs to lift the 'state of emergency'. just to allow them to come back and the killings continue...........i dunno what to say....my throat is choked with fear........

I remember posting that in reaction to the mis-report that the SoE had been lifted.

Honestly I am undecided as to whether or not their is a tone of sarcasm in your post.

Either way, lets just hope for no further injuries/fatalatie's to either side.

That's it, we will start our own party. Our main platform: Nuke the gay whales for Jesus (worked for Bush) and we offer everyone in rural areas a case of Lao Kao, if we get elected and free whitening cream for a year for the Bangkok women voters and free subscription to Penthouse magazine for the men.

We'll tell them we'll pay for all that out of our own personal pockets and we will win by a landslide :o

Surely not 'The Nation'!

source: The Nation/Bangkokian Published on September 6, 2008

A few days after the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) seized Government House, an article appeared online telling how PAD supporters had stormed the French Embassy. A die-hard PAD supporter called The Nation newsroom and blasted a reporter over the phone, demanding to know how such a mistake could have taken place.

The reporter, naturally, was dazed and confused, but nevertheless went through the paper just to double check.

"Lady, are you sure it wasn't Not The Nation that ran the story?" asked The Nation reporter.

"Yes, it was Not The Nation. Isn't it the same company?"

"Well, not exactly," said The Nation's editor Thanong Khanthong. "But we admire their satirical take on Thailand's social and political scene. I think what we need in this country is a little humour," Thanong said.

According to the satirical report posted on notthenation.com, some 600 PAD members stormed the French Embassy.

"Climbing over the fences and overpowering the guards, the PAD entered the actual embassy building at around 8.45am, overturning desks and breaking windows," Not The Nation reported.

It quoted PAD leader Sondhi Limthongkul calling for the removal of all French influence from the country at once.

"Since 1789, they have advocated dangerous and anti-Thai ideas about republicanism, as well as violently overthrown the sovereignty of their king, Louis XVI," Not The Nation quoted Sondhi as saying.

On a more serious note, a sense of humour is needed in Thailand. As ironic as it may be, we need to be able to laugh at ourselves, especially now when the county's people are at each other throats. Believe it or not, it is part of the healing process.

Too often we see ourselves as being virtuous, morally upright and incapable of doing wrong. We tend to ignore the fact that there are other ways of looking at ourselves, no matter how twisted they may be.

Obviously the lady who called our newsroom ignored the word "Not" in front of "The Nation". It is hoped that she appreciates the website's satirical offerings the same way many of us here at the newsroom do.

*Thanks 'not' the Nation (and The Nation), I needed that. :o

Notable headlines in today's NTN:

-World Media Insists All of Thailand On Fire, All Thais Dead

-Samak Says Situation “Under Control”, “Only One Die”

-Sondhi: “Let the rule of mob prevail”

-Thaksin Blames Stars for Asset Concealment

-PAD Demands 70% of Referendum Votes Appointed

-Palin’s Seven-Year-Old Daughter Killed Moose

*Main sponsor of 'not' The Nation appears to be: 'Shark-Fin Pizza' who's tagline is: "Buy 2 shark-fin pizzas and get a finless Shark for FREE!" with the disclaimer "No taste, just like the soup" :D

so a 200k profit a day and rising no doubt, good business i think 100 days 20m go on call me a cynic

Is any of this confirmed by any other source other than this blog?

Bet you didn't know that the soaps are used here to keep the masses in line, now did you? It's a tool widely used in other countries too. There aren't many soaps about poor people and everyday lives in THailand are there? Yet in many, many other countries those types of soaps are quite common.
Yes, 'they' are controlling our thoughts and making us a race of compliant serfs via a diet of addictive televisual inanity. Pass me the potato chips....

'journalist' may i pass my chips to you? first time ever i agree with you! let's celebrate!! let's fight the soaps!

That's it, we will start our own party. Our main platform: Nuke the gay whales for Jesus (worked for Bush) and we offer everyone in rural areas a case of Lao Kao, if we get elected and free whitening cream for a year for the Bangkok women voters and free subscription to Penthouse magazine for the men.

We'll tell them we'll pay for all that out of our own personal pockets and we will win by a landslide :o

looks lke the samsong taking over

but let leave the gay whales out of it they have enough troubles of ther own, but make ubc free to all, now thats a vote winner as it worthless any way but full of mindless soaps western and thai.

Read the links. If it is only 10% true, I really don't have the words to describe how badly misled anyone could be for supporting the PAD

It's not just the soaps. Have you seen the shampoo and skin cream adverts !!!! And all that dancing in the aisles of Tesco Lotus. WOW indeed.

there's an old and good advice: never ever buy anything which is heavily advertised for. you pay the ads, not the product! (most infamous example: coke!)

Read the links. If it is only 10% true, I really don't have the words to describe how badly misled anyone could be for supporting the PAD

I was addressing the comment regarding the second link which is from a blog... which while interesting, without confirmation from a viable source, is unverifiable.. 100%.

During the first 25 days of the rally, the PAD received 26 million baht and paid 24 million, according to the PAD's coordinator Suriyasai Katasila. During the three months, the PAD has sold 90,000 'Patriotic Chinese Descendants' t-shirts for 25 million baht, according to political scientist and Sondhi Limthongkul's close associate Chai-Anan Samudavanija. And after the Government House siege, the PAD has 6.6 million baht remaining in its bank accounts, plus gold worth 1,056,000 baht, according to one of the PAD's leaders, Chamlong Srimuang.

i agree so lets to try and find out the truth, oh bugger how do you do that in thailand ? any ideas any one?

I was addressing the comment regarding the second link which is from a blog... which while interesting, without confirmation from a viable source, is unverifiable.. 100%.

http://www.prachatai.com/english/aboutus.php

About Prachatai

Prachatai (www.prachatai.com or www.prachathai.com ) is an independent, non-profit, daily web newspaper established in June 2004 to provide reliable and relevant news and information to the Thai public during an era of serious curbs on the freedom and independence of Thai news media.

Prachathai was established by a group of concerned Thais who include a senior member of the Press Council of Thailand, a well-known lecturer in Journalism, two members of the Thai Senate, a number of senior journalists, and a number of Thai NGO leaders.

Prachatai has a 19-member Board and a 7-member Management Committee which consists of 4 Board representatives and 3 senior staff. Since January 2006 Prachatai also been registered as a Thai non-profit foundation, named The Foundation for Community educational Media.

On September 6th 2004, Prachatai began its daily publication on the web with a staff of one editor and five reporters. At present Prachathai has a staff of 14: a Manager, Editor, Network Co-ordinator, 6 central office reporters, 3 regional reporters, a web manager, and a finance officer.

i agree so lets to try and find out the truth, oh bugger how do you do that in thailand ? any ideas any one?

News articles by recognized journalists rather than blog entries by unknown writers is a good start.

About Prachatai

Prachatai (www.prachatai.com or www.prachathai.com ) is an independent, non-profit, daily web newspaper established in June 2004 to provide reliable and relevant news and information to the Thai public during an era of serious curbs on the freedom and independence of Thai news media.

Prachathai was established by a group of concerned Thais who include a senior member of the Press Council of Thailand, a well-known lecturer in Journalism, two members of the Thai Senate, a number of senior journalists, and a number of Thai NGO leaders.

Prachatai has a 19-member Board and a 7-member Management Committee which consists of 4 Board representatives and 3 senior staff. Since January 2006 Prachatai also been registered as a Thai non-profit foundation, named The Foundation for Community educational Media.

On September 6th 2004, Prachatai began its daily publication on the web with a staff of one editor and five reporters. At present Prachathai has a staff of 14: a Manager, Editor, Network Co-ordinator, 6 central office reporters, 3 regional reporters, a web manager, and a finance officer.

or would you rather believe the Nation that last night told us that Samak was about to resign.