Setup Small Office With 5 Pcs And Internet

kingscliff

Could someone give me rough estimates of setting up a small office around the third road area (soi off third road and not required to be a prominent location)?

So far i figure (in USD),

Office space = $300 a month

5 Desktop PCs = $350 x 5 = $1750

Internet connection = ?

Desks + chairs = 5 x $50 = $250

Electricity = $75 per month

Misc (pens, paper) = ?

paperwork (work permit for 1 and company registration) = ?

Any advise or info would be greatly appreciated.

Office space = $300 a month

I think that's optimistic. I'd expect more about double this.

5 Desktop PCs = $350 x 5 = $1750

Doable.

Internet connection = ?

1000 THB/m

Desks + chairs = 5 x $50 = $250

Ratty old carp. Pay a little extra and get something that doesn't break first week.

Electricity = $75 per month

At least double that if you expect to use aircon.

Misc (pens, paper) = ?

pennies

paperwork (work permit for 1 and company registration) = ?

Rough guess around 30,000, maybe a bit more.

Hi KingsCliff

I just went thru the entire proccess, so this is pretty accurate for Pattaya.

Office Space : 15,000 to 20,000 Baht

(for 6-10 people in decent location)

Desktop PCs : 25,000 to 30,000 Baht each

(buy quality and get warrenty or you will run into a world of problems)

Internet Connection : 5,200 Baht pr. month

(Get C.A.T or TT&T - stay far away from TOT)

Desks and Chairs : 14,000 to 18,000 Baht each

(just buy decent desks, but dont save money on chairs unless you want an angry thai staff)

Electricity + Water : 5,000 to 8,000 Baht pr. month

(depending on numbers of aircon)

Misc : 10,000 Baht pr. month

(there are a lot more expences, expecially in the beginning)

Paperwork : 75,000 to 125,000 Baht

(work permit + visa + company registration)

Salaries : 8,000 to 25,000 Baht pr. month

(for ordenary office staff 8k for assistant 25k for manager)

Good luck! :o

I think Don Trons estimates (or actual costs) are a tad on the high side for some items.

Office space, indeed decent location will cost you 15,000 Baht upwards.

Desktop PC's, what will they be used for? But yep, with legal software they will cost that much. I would recommend acer, not really for quality but excellent warranty. Buy directly from Acer...(google their Thai website)

Internet connection, I think the 2/1Mbps Premier CAT connection will do just fine for general access. 1890 Baht+ VAT/month. Slightly more gets you 3/1Mbps with Maxnet (TT&T) Premier. Try to get both and invest in a load balancing router. You'll still be under 5000 Baht/month and you'll never regret it!

Desks and chairs, 14,000 Baht upwards each? Kingscliff's orignal estimate of 50 US$ is way to low, but 400 - 600 US$ is way over the top for regular quality desks. I guess 8,000 to 10,000 Baht gets you very decent quality. No need for imported/designer stuff unless image towards visitors is very important!

Electricity, 5000 Baht/month for 10 hours of operation in a smallish 5 person office should be plenty...

Miscellaneous, indeed often if not always underestimated. Be prepared to buy tons of pens, they get eaten :o

Salaries, depends heavily on needed qualifications and level of English...DonTron is probably roughly correct....

I do not know what you want to do with the 5 PC's but legal operating systems & software can be very expensive, if you only want straightforward systems just using standard office programs you could use a Linux operating system such as Ubuntu and open source software such as Open Office just as good as MS office and free, wont cost you a single baht, Why pump more $$$$ in Billy_G's benevolent fund?

BB

Monty and Basil B thanks for the feedback.

I would not require legal documents just the standard operating system, web browser and office applications.

Location does not have to be prominent or main road, can be ona quiet soi as this would be an office not requiring visitors but just accessible to me and the staff.

Cheers again.

Paperwork : 75,000 to 125,000 Baht

(work permit + visa + company registration)

plus the registered (fully paid up) capital for the to get the WP and company registration add another few milo baht..

You dont need the 2 mill capital for the registred company. If that was the case no Thais could ever afford to start one.

If you lawyer knows what he is doing, then there are legal ways around this.

For Basil and Monty - sure you can use cracked copied windows XP or Vista - but then you are gonna have trouble every time you patch or update. Or you get a version with some kind of Thai troian on it which sends all your password to Bangkok (Iv seen that before) - or you get all other kinds of virus/spyware trouble which diverts your focus on fixing computer problems instead of doing your business. I pay 4500 for legal Vista on all my machines, and we never have problems or waste time on it.

Edited by DonTron

You dont need the 2 mill capital for the registred company. If that was the case no Thais could ever afford to start one.

If you lawyer knows what he is doing, then there are legal ways around this.

For Basil and Monty - sure you can use cracked copied windows XP or Vista - but then you are gonna have trouble every time you patch or update. Or you get a version with some kind of Thai troian on it which sends all your password to Bangkok (Iv seen that before) - or you get all other kinds of virus/spyware trouble which diverts your focus on fixing computer problems instead of doing your business. I pay 4500 for legal Vista on all my machines, and we never have problems or waste time on it.

Hi Don

Can you recommend a good lawyer or company (in Pattaya) whom can assist in registerig a company for the figures you have stated?

Kingscliff, sorry the statement legal software seems to have confused you, the word I should have used was "legitimate" software.

DonTron, I certainly do not advise anybody to use pirated/cracked software, especially if you are running a business as there will be many ways you could be found out, what I was proposing was using Ubuntu which is opensorce instead of Vista or XP and that can save you 22,500B + all the other software.

Opensource is quite legal, and free of the problems associated with Microsoft, there are many opensource programs that do the same as most of the common programs run on most PC's, opensource programs are free though some developers may charge for support, and most developers ask for donations but this is entirely voluntary.

BB

Yes I can.

Khun Lek

Email: [email protected]

Phone: 081 578 0672

She have done all my companies (both real ones and holding ones) and she done all my real estate contracts and even my last will.

She very effective, resonable priced and she is one of the few Thais that I trust 100%

Just tell her that Khun Torben send you :o

Thanks Don

I just sent her a mail.

Ace