Bye Bye Kevin Keegan ...

Sunderland

Shame he seems to be on his way again. Was doing a great job for the Mags! :o

I was just told he resigned. You never do that you get yourself sacked and get all that lovely money. Still if true a man of principles . Maybe the Arab connection will buy Newcastle too I reckon you would get a really good price right now.

Dennis Wise, I expect will be named Manager, and maybe that was the plan all along when he joined Newcastle just waiting for KK to implode.

I think he was upset about James Milner being sold to Villa and having his authority undermined behind the scenes.....and when he's not happy he always does a runner !

Mind you it cant have been easy working with Dennis Wise as Director of Football.

So who will be the new manager ? Wise ?

I'm sure many Derby fans would be happy if Newcastle were granted permission to speak to Paul Jewell ! Surely not !

Feel sorry for the Newcastle fans.....big club,large fan base,shit board !

Some reports are claiming he was sacked which would be on par for the course. The job will to go to Wise and they will chew him up and spit him out. Can't think of any other manager who would want that job?? Shearer?

Edited by enyaw

Keegan has not "been sacked"

Sep 2 2008 by Lee Ryder, Newcastle Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE United have NOT sacked manager Kevin Keegan following a long awaited statement from the club tonight.

Rumours spread like wild fire around the city today with claims that Mike Ashley had sacked the Toon boss however the Magpies stated KK would remain charge.

A statement from United said: "Newcastle United can confirm that meetings between members of the board and Kevin Keegan were held yesterday and today.

"Kevin has raised a number of issues and they have been discussed with him.

"The club is progressing with its long term strategy and would like to stress that Kevin is extremely important both now and in the future.

"Newcastle United appreciate the effort and commitment shown by Kevin since his return to St James's Park and want him to continue to play an instrumental role as manager of the club.

"For the avoidance of doubt the club has not sacked Kevin Keegan as manager."

Angry fans had gathered outside St James's Park to vent their frustration at the rumours that Keegan had been sacked and TV and radio stations had been swamped with opinions from Toon fans over the confusion.

Former Newcastle captain Bob Moncur said: "I think this is good news and I am glad to hear that Kevin is staying, he knows the club inside out and can achieve something special this season."

Keegan Stays: Club Statement

By Ken Waugh -Talk of the Tyne.com 02/09/2008 18:54

NEWCASTLE United can confirm that meetings between members of the Board and manager Kevin Keegan were held both yesterday and today.

Kevin has raised a number of issues and those have been discussed with him.

The Club wants to keep progressing with its long-term strategy and would like to stress that Kevin is extremely important, both now and in the future.

Newcastle United values the effort and commitment shown by Kevin since his return to St. James' Park and wants him to continue to play an instrumental role as manager of the Club.

For the avoidance of doubt the Club has not sacked Kevin Keegan as manager

By Dan Silver, Mirror.co.uk 2/09/2008

Kevin keegan

Newcastle United have released an official statement saying that manager Kevin Keegan has not been sacked.

Despite admitting that talks over Keegan's future have taken place, the statement also claims that he has an important role to play with the club, both now and in the future.

It remains to be seen whether Keegan has quit as manager of his own volition.

The full statement reads:

“Newcastle United can confirm that meetings between members of the Board and manager Kevin Keegan were held both yesterday and today.

"Kevin has raised a number of issues and those have been discussed with him.

"The Club wants to keep progressing with its long-term strategy and would like to stress that Kevin is extremely important, both now and in the future.

"Newcastle United values the effort and commitment shown by Kevin since his return to St. James' Park and wants him to continue to play an instrumental role as manager of the Club.

"For the avoidance of doubt the Club has not sacked Kevin Keegan as manager."

redrus

Real Life News Football.com

Kevin Keegan does the hokey cokey at Newcastle

Posted by DavidM in Kevin Keegan | 2 September 2008

So is he in, is he out, is he in, out or shaken all about?

Newcastle United seem to be continuing in their quest to be recognised as the biggest badly-run club in football with strong rumours yesterday morning that Kevin keegan had left his position as manager following meetings with the Board.

I don't think this came as a complete surprise to many - though a huge blow to Magpies fans - after little summer signing success, the loss of James Milner and keegan's backing of Joey "knuckles" Barton.

Then in the afternoon the Board put out a statement that said Keegan was still important to the future of the club. At the end of the statement it says "For the avoidance of doubt the Club has not sacked Kevin Keegan as manager". But it doesn't say he is still the manager.

It seems there is more talking to do and until Keegan himself comments on his position, Newcastle fans will be left in limbo.

redrus

Much as the fun and games at Sid James Park are fun to watch through red and white tinted spectacles, I can't help but feel a degree of sympathy towards Loony Toon fans for having to put up with all the behind the scenes drama. Mike Ashley is a huge embarrassment in all respects and they will be better off when he sells up and wobbles off to stir things up elsewhere.

Mike Ashley is a huge embarrassment in all respects and they will be better off when he sells up and wobbles off to stir things up elsewhere.

He might be an embarrassment but at least our chaiman can down a pint of beer quicker than your chairman. :o

Hmmm, I wonder :D ???

Mike Ashley is a huge embarrassment in all respects and they will be better off when he sells up and wobbles off to stir things up elsewhere.

He might be an embarrassment but at least our chaiman can down a pint of beer quicker than your chairman. :o

:D .. :D .. :D

That's the best bit of snappy repartee I've read this morning, I'm still chuckling..

Thanks StD

now now, that wasn't beer that mister ashley was drinking on the terraces, it was non-alcoholic lager (or 'water' as it's otherwise known). must be true, the club's PR department said so.

Keegan went off in a huff? I thought he went off in a BMW!

Did anyone see him spit his dummy out the window on the way out ?? :D

Apparantly he was heard humming that great Clash classic..

"Should I Stay Or Should I Go"

You beat me to that one :o

anyway another thread was running premiership manager sackings and i did predict there KK

Keegan went off in a huff? I thought he went off in a BMW!

Did anyone see him spit his dummy out the window on the way out ?? :D

Apparantly he was heard humming that great Clash classic..

"Should I Stay Or Should I Go"

You beat me to that one :o

anyway another thread was running premiership manager sackings and i did predict there KK

It would be fun if he was still the Man City manager but with an unlimited budget :D Now that would be worth watching as it is he is forced to be almost sensible at cash stricken Newcastle. When he goes the premier league will be a less colourful place. :D

It would be fun if he was still the Man City manager but with an unlimited budget :o Now that would be worth watching.

It would be predictable.

as it is he is forced to be almost sensible at cash stricken Newcastle.

After years of mis management he has to be sensible, if it wasnt for Ashley we'd have done a Leeds.

When he goes the premier league will be a less colourful place. :D

Unless youre from the area you'll not understand how revered he actually is, Shearer could never replace him.

Keegan is as honest a man there is, looking back he was right to walk away the first time as manager due to the corrupt incoming board and if reports are true that he is having the transfer policy dictated to him then who can blame him for walking away, you cant be judged on managing someone elses players.

It would be fun if he was still the Man City manager but with an unlimited budget :o Now that would be worth watching.

It would be predictable.

as it is he is forced to be almost sensible at cash stricken Newcastle.

After years of mis management he has to be sensible, if it wasnt for Ashley we'd have done a Leeds.

When he goes the premier league will be a less colourful place. :D

Unless youre from the area you'll not understand how revered he actually is, Shearer could never replace him.

Keegan is as honest a man there is, looking back he was right to walk away the first time as manager due to the corrupt incoming board and if reports are true that he is having the transfer policy dictated to him then who can blame him for walking away, you cant be judged on managing someone elses players.

What do you mean it would be predictable-in what way? and why? Predictable or not it would be entertaining while it lasted. A lot better than Jose Mourinho's stifling tactics

Do you think he's a good coach or not? Man manager but not a good tactician?

As for the Geordie thing. I don't come from the area but I do know that he is revered there so the premier league would be a less colourful place. Do you agree with that. As for Shearer not being able to replace him, I think I'm with you on that.

What do you mean it would be predictable-in what way? and why? Predictable or not it would be entertaining while it lasted.

This Arab at city has been on a few Tv channels today saying he will get the best.

So if you had a team with Kaka, Ronaldo, Tores, Rooney, Gerrard, Fabregas and whoever else theyd be too good.

Do you think he's a good coach or not? Man manager but not a good tactician?

This time round he is doing a very good job and he seems to know what he is doing, the first time round he was fantastic the best manager NUFC have had in my lifetime. The defence was never as bad as the people made out, they conceded less then Man U with Bruce Pallister etc... in, the reason they didnt win the league was because they stopped creating chances and the for a certain Peter Schmichael having one of the best games of his career against us towards then end of the season putting manu in front.

Keegan finally resigns, due to getting players imposed on him that he didnt want.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/7593683.stm

Kevin Keegan has resigned as manager of Newcastle United after just eight months in charge.

The announcement follows lengthy talks between the 57-year-old and the board.

"I've been working desperately hard to find a way forward with the directors, but sadly that has not proved possible," Keegan said in a statement.

"It's my opinion that a manager must have the right to manage and that clubs should not impose upon any manager any player that he does not want."

Keegan's resignation follows three days of intense speculation about his future.

The former England boss made clear his feelings about the Premier League club's summer transfer activity at a meeting with the board on Monday, the day the summer transfer window closed.

Following those talks, he was again summoned by the hierarchy on Tuesday as strong rumours of his imminent exit surfaced.

Amid protests by angry fans outside St James' Park, the club was forced to deny it had sacked him, while the League Managers' Association insisted he had not resigned and that talks would continue.

However, in a statement released by the LMA late on Thursday, Keegan announced his departure from the club for a second time.

He added: "It remains my fervent wish to see Newcastle United do well in the future and I feel incredibly sorry for the players, staff and most importantly the supporters.

"I have been left with no choice other than to leave."

The LMA statement read: "The letter which Kevin received today from managing director Derek Llambias has failed to resolve the matters in issue between him and the club and accordingly he feels he has no alternative other than to resign."

Keegan returned for a second spell as manager in January, to the delight of an adoring faithful on Tyneside.

He led the Magpies to safety last season and the club had made a solid start to this season - but Keegan had apparently become increasingly unhappy with the club's management structure.

Shortly after appointing Keegan, chairman Mike Ashley brought in Dennis Wise as a "football-related" executive director while Tony Jimenez was appointed vice-president of player recruitment.

Edited by willywonker

Keegan finally resigns, due to getting players imposed on him that he didnt want.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/7593683.stm

Kevin Keegan has resigned as manager of Newcastle United after just eight months in charge.

The announcement follows lengthy talks between the 57-year-old and the board.

"I've been working desperately hard to find a way forward with the directors, but sadly that has not proved possible," Keegan said in a statement.

"It's my opinion that a manager must have the right to manage and that clubs should not impose upon any manager any player that he does not want."

Keegan's resignation follows three days of intense speculation about his future.

The former England boss made clear his feelings about the Premier League club's summer transfer activity at a meeting with the board on Monday, the day the summer transfer window closed.

Following those talks, he was again summoned by the hierarchy on Tuesday as strong rumours of his imminent exit surfaced.

Amid protests by angry fans outside St James' Park, the club was forced to deny it had sacked him, while the League Managers' Association insisted he had not resigned and that talks would continue.

However, in a statement released by the LMA late on Thursday, Keegan announced his departure from the club for a second time.

He added: "It remains my fervent wish to see Newcastle United do well in the future and I feel incredibly sorry for the players, staff and most importantly the supporters.

"I have been left with no choice other than to leave."

The LMA statement read: "The letter which Kevin received today from managing director Derek Llambias has failed to resolve the matters in issue between him and the club and accordingly he feels he has no alternative other than to resign."

Keegan returned for a second spell as manager in January, to the delight of an adoring faithful on Tyneside.

He led the Magpies to safety last season and the club had made a solid start to this season - but Keegan had apparently become increasingly unhappy with the club's management structure.

Shortly after appointing Keegan, chairman Mike Ashley brought in Dennis Wise as a "football-related" executive director while Tony Jimenez was appointed vice-president of player recruitment.

Apparently the application form for the new Manager carries a line. "Age not a barrier to application cos you won't be here long here anyway".

Looking for the sixth Manager in 4 years ,what a tragedy.

BRING BACK KING KEV!!!

We're sorry, marra. We didn't mean it like. Come back now, kidda. It'll be alreet in the morning wor Kev. Ho'way man ... dinnit gan now like. Yez was deein a great job for us, bonny lad. We'll smack that fooka Mike Ashley in the face. Ho'way King Kev!

Sir Alex Ferguson - ´Wise Could Start A Fight In An Empty Room´!

By Nu Mad

Thursday, 4th September 2008

Newcastle's capacity for self-destruction is frightening ... and we all expected the worst the day Dennis Wise set foot in our grand stadium.

The warning signs were there when billionaire club owner Mike Ashley decided that the best move to help Keegan turn Newcastle around was to appoint Dennis Wise in an overseer's role.

This was the Dennis Wise famously described by Sir Alex Ferguson as a man capable of starting a fight in an empty room, though Callum Davidson's fractured cheekbone in 2002 attested to the fact that the room doesn't have to be empty either.

Wise was appointed as Newcastle's executive director (football) on January 29 this year. And the cynics were out in force.

There is no satisfaction in being proved right - okay, I admit it, there is. Plenty. But that doesn't stop one feeling hugely sorry for those fans who have supported Newcastle through thick and thin.

Glenn Roeder summed it up beautifully today: "The club is a tragedy and it goes from one disaster to another. There's no stability, they go from one manager to another and the people who suffer the most are the most important people, the supporters.

"When they talk about Newcastle being a great club, it's only great for one reason - because it has great supporters."

Ashley blew it!

Forget about starting a fight in an empty room - how about starting one in a half-empty stadium because great as they are, the Newcastle fans will soon start to vote with their feet.

redrus