Mainland Extra Tasty Chedder

ricklev

Dear Rimping, Tops, Etc.

Buy more Mainland Extra Tasty Chedder! Buy less Mainland Gouda! dam_n it!

There I said it and I feel better.

I'll 2nd the motion. (Please include Phuket's Tesco/Lotus & Big C, the problem is countrywide I fear) :o

Edited by LeungKen

Dear Rimping, Tops, Etc.

Buy more Mainland Extra Tasty Cheddar! Buy less Mainland Gouda! Darn it!

There I said it and I feel better.

Don't get me started on Rimping.

They always say "yes, yes, yes" you tell us what you want and we will get it for you. "what a joke"

They have never gotten anything for me that I have asked for "still they are so nice and smiley when doing nothing aren't they" :o

And yes!! Mainland Tasty Cheddar, it does take some beating don't it ?

Edited by john b good

while we are on the subject, or off it, rimping used to stock yorkshire tea but not for 1 year now. i got so desperate i asked yorkshire tea in uk if i could be their agent in thailand and orederd 4 boxes of 240 bags..... anyone want to go halves on a container full? minimum order :o

I believe Rimping and all the supermarkets are generally limited in what they sell by what the sole major distributor of imported foods offers.

I've always wanted to know the details, but haven't run into anyone in the business.

I do know that importing foods requires i Food and Drug Administration approval for each item and isn't all that easy without connections.

I think that one individual high (or low) in that company is deciding whether or not I can buy canned black beans or refried pinto beans or Mainland Extra Tastey Chedder (or Yorkshire tea). Bastard!

Edited by ricklev

There is nothing nicer than a sharp cheddar cheese on toast covered with delicious baked beans. Does anyone know where I can get some ?

:o Heh, I was going to make a snide comment on how gross that sounded, but then came to thinking that as a Yank ( some may call among others..) that I do like and have eaten several times, a bowl of baked beans sprinkled with cheese on top and toast or bread to sop up the scrapings.

Good late night feastings with that slight alcohol buzz.

The maybe throw some onions, chopped and some jalepenos in to.

Now I'm getting a munch phase going here before the sleep phase....

Crap....

now I'm hungry.

Interesting, I took Finnishs' post as making fun of the Baked Bean and Cheese threads posted here lately.

Any one know who makes the best toast in town?

There is nothing nicer than a sharp cheddar cheese on toast covered with delicious baked beans. Does anyone know where I can get some ?

:o Heh, I was going to make a snide comment on how gross that sounded, but then came to thinking that as a Yank ( some may call among others..) that I do like and have eaten several times, a bowl of baked beans sprinkled with cheese on top and toast or bread to sop up the scrapings.

Good late night feastings with that slight alcohol buzz.

The maybe throw some onions, chopped and some jalepenos in to.

Now I'm getting a munch phase going here before the sleep phase....

Crap....

now I'm hungry.

Kasem Bakery [19 Ratchawong Road on the left side just north of Chiang Moi Road] has a good selection of imported foods. They seem to have things that the larger, chain stores don't handle. Maybe they would be able to get what you want. And it's always better to try to support the locally-owned merchant if possible. English is spoken there.

Kasem Bakery [19 Ratchawong Road on the left side just north of Chiang Moi Road] has a good selection of imported foods. They seem to have things that the larger, chain stores don't handle. Maybe they would be able to get what you want. And it's always better to try to support the locally-owned merchant if possible. English is spoken there.

I patronised Kasem's 15 plus years ago (when there was f/a else in town) now I wouldn't waste my time going in the door.

Ma (Kasem) promised me she would get a variety of things (from chesses to pickled onions) and never got one thing that she promised to get.

Kasem's are now 3rd generation and whilst they may have been OK in 1st & 2nd times they have lost the plot now.

And, it's a prick of a place to get a park as well.

I patronised Kasem's 15 plus years ago (when there was f/a else in town) now I wouldn't waste my time going in the door.

Ma (Kasem) promised me she would get a variety of things (from chesses to pickled onions) and never got one thing that she promised to get.

Kasem's are now 3rd generation and whilst they may have been OK in 1st & 2nd times they have lost the plot now.

And, it's a prick of a place to get a park as well.

Don't you get tired of posting that same rant again and again or don't you remember having done it repeatedly?