Samak Will Announce Resignation Thursday Morning?

george

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My source confirms that Samak will announce his resignation in the morning.

If he doesn't, I will run naked through the PAD crowd.

Who's your source? a local Tuk Tuk driver?? Get your gear off!! :o He's now been talking for over half an hour interrupted only by a short break for the National Anthem and has reiterated several time "I will NOT resign"!!

Edited by sangfroid

How many lessons and chances need this buffalo PM to understand?

Unbelievable, I was about sure that he would announce his resignation, which is way overdue. But again the same "democracy bla bla". Before this guy talks about democracy he should return the money for vote buying back to the Thai taxpayers!

Sick of Samak! :o

"I am going to stay in office, and protect democracy."

Isn't that a joke?! This guy is nuts!

Edited by moo9

Please let us know where and when.

LOL this could be entertaining :o

Is that because of the absence of some indication of manhood?

They used to say loose lips sunk ships. in this case, I think someone's loose anus lips produced a bit of a mess in his bloomers.

As the brave and tough PM stated;"I will stay on to protect democracy of this country. The whole world is watching us."

He's got that right and despite the smear campaign mounted against him, old Uncle Samak is about to show people what inner strength and discipline is all about. Every day he stays on, is another small victory for the concept of an elected government. Just goes to show that a 71 year old dismissed by a bunch of snot nosed rich kids, can put up a fight.

I think I'm beginning to respect the old fox.

Samak stays on

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej on Thursday dismissed claims he would resign. "Don't even think I am going to quit," he said. "The country needs a leader, and the world is watching us."

Some media reports (not the Bangkok Post) featured reports that Mr Samak would step down to meet a demand from the 102-day street protest in Bangkok.

For the first 30 minutes of his speech on nationwide radio - broken at 8am for the national anthem - the prime minister was calm, as he reviewed events of recent days, and said that events would eventually become smooth "in order to protect democracy".

"I am going to stay in office, and protect democracy," he said as the speech ended.

-- Bangkok Post 2008-09-04

Whatever system is in place, they must follow the rule of law. If someone is found to be corrupt, the law must be applied so that that person is punished, severely hopefully. Following the PAD's idea of an 'unelected' parliament, it will all be the same if the law isn't enforced. The members of the house will still be allowed to plunder the country with no threat of punishment. How can this be so difficult to understand?

Samak asks academics if they accept idea of "new politics"

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej Thursday morning asked academics whether they accept the idea of new politics of the People's Alliance for Democracy.

"Our country already has democracy. So, I would like to ask academics whether they will accept the idea of new politics," Samak said live on Radio Thailand.

-- The Nation 2008-09-04

Please advise what time you will start your run.

Time and location please :o charging my camera for the occasion....

Froggs

I know what western democracy is like because I have lived under it and participated in it most of my life. The last few years I have seen alot about what Thai democracy is like and I can say they are the same. Democracy is inefficiend, ugly and ripe for corruption. However, it is the only system of government that is fair to most and unfair to few. What Thailand does not have is western style law enforcement and a military that meddles in politics. Fix law enforcement and fix the military and they would probably be okay.

I suggest that you read up on what is meant by a 'liberal democracy'.

Read about the concept of the 'separation of powers'.

Further suggested reading - the role of the military in Thai politics, crony capitalism, the Thai patronage system & the power elite.

"What Thailand does not have is western style law enforcement and a military that meddles in politics." - of course it doesn't have western style law enforcement because Thailand is a 'third world country', & it most certainly does have "a military that meddles in politics" precisely because it is a 'third world country'. The military is so deeply embedded into the political system that it will take decades to achieve a level of separation necessary for Thailand to become a 'liberal democracy'.

Thailand is not a 'liberal democracy' & as such cannot be expected to adhere to the standards that are found in a western 'liberal democracy'. Once you grasp the fact that Thailand is a 'third world country', you will better be able to understand what is actually happening.

He's got that right and despite the smear campaign mounted against him, old Uncle Samak is about to show people what inner strength and discipline is all about. Every day he stays on, is another small victory for the concept of an elected government. Just goes to show that a 71 year old dismissed by a bunch of snot nosed rich kids, can put up a fight.

I think I'm beginning to respect the old fox.

hel_l yeah!

Samak! Samak! Samak!

Don't give up ole buddy.

Would have been a classic if it was April 1st. :o:D

To the editor of the Nation, and their staff who turned a shoeshine box rumour into a front page story that a lot of people took seriously, because after all, they are quite a big newspaper.

Not to worry, you may appear to be rather "ngo", ill-educated or dumb, I understand, someone probably bought your integrity and asked you to print it. I however, do forgive you for your crass stupidity and allow you all to vote next time at the election. I will however, never believe a word your paper prints again.

And they want to let the educated classes have votes and not the farmers.

Samak says Tej resigned because of pressure from many sides, including wife

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej said Thursday that Tej Bunnag resigned because of pressure from many sides, including his wife.

Samak said Tej sent him a letter, explaining that many sides pressured him to resign.

Samak quoted Tej as saying in the letter that Tej's wife could not tolerate him working with this government.

Samak thanked Tej for having helped the government work and said he had no conflicts with Tej.

He said he would send flowers to Tej's wife as well.

-- The Nation 2008-09-04

Whatever system is in place, they must follow the rule of law. If someone is found to be corrupt, the law must be applied so that that person is punished, severely hopefully. Following the PAD's idea of an 'unelected' parliament, it will all be the same if the law isn't enforced. The members of the house will still be allowed to plunder the country with no threat of punishment. How can this be so difficult to understand?

And that's where we started yes! :o

Get Thaksin and wife home, throw his wife in jail, get him through the courts, clean up the police force and go on with our lives.

No need for protests wouldn't we?

Samak urges the public not to join protests

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej urged all Thais to have a second thought before joining the protests against the government.

He asked them to think how the protests would end.

He said the People's Alliance for Democracy had no concrete goals for their campaigns so the people should not join the protests.

-- The Nation 2008-09-04

samak the bungling fool dreamed up a rumor that he was going to get arrested at the airport once. it never happened of course.

but that was newsworthy enough for the newspapers at least.

its truly amazing people actually votes for this moron. and will probably continute to vote for whoever the next puppet is

Ah, I see... you have nothing new to say either.

Ok to sum the situation up ....

Samak is staying in power.

The Pad is staying at government house and the other places they occupy.

The Daad is staying at Samut Prakan.

The army is doing nothing.

Or in other words stalemate .....

Maybe the best solution for now? No one really has an answer for this situation that will work unfortunately .....

Waerth

PM is talking now on radio............

Samak began talking, I asked wife what he s saying. "Bullsh!t!"

After the speech, I asked again what'd he say? "Bullsh!t"

What was it all about? Sounded pre-recorded, not live at all.

It was broadcasted live on all TV stations

Please advise what time you will start your run.

Time and location please :o charging my camera for the occasion....

Froggs

Sounds like Sunderland's source was either The Nation or his friendly local Tuk Tuk driver, one is just as reliable as the other! :D

Alright, I cant bare to watch this run through the PAD folks. So I will send some paid ladyboys down to verify said run.

PLEASE STATE THE TIME AND PLACE. If you had no one to verify then you have to do again.

THX :o

Edited by threelegcowboy

But Audio only. There was a still photo of him displayed on the screen while he was talking.

How many lessons and chances need this buffalo PM to understand?

Unbelievable, I was about sure that he would announce his resignation, which is way overdue. But again the same "democracy bla bla". Before this guy talks about democracy he should return the money for vote buying back to the Thai taxpayers!

Sick of Samak! :o

"I am going to stay in office, and protect democracy."

Isn't that a joke?! This guy is nuts!

Well, if by protecting democracy he means for the democratically elected official to remain in office and not bow to mob rule, then yes, it looks like he is protecting democracy.

But Audio only. There was a still photo of him displayed on the screen while he was talking.

I don't think that this is an important issue to argue about...