Samak Will Announce Resignation Thursday Morning?

george

It doesn't matter, they are part of a coalition government, that is (up until now, whilst some court cases have not been concluded) a perfectly legitimate government.

That's the point.

And there was no vote buying.....

non of the coalition partners are on the way to get dissolved for vote buying

Santa Claus exists.

Yeah yeah, you have been boring everyone to death with the vote buying bullshit. Until that court case has been concluded, there is no legal ground to call the government illigitemate.

Then of course there is this other issue that of course seems uncomprehensible to some people, maybe they are popular. But then of course their voters are all uneducated and other related bullshit.

hahahaha what do you want to tell here? Vote buying is just a rumor, the EC is also wrong?

Indeed until the relevant court cases have been concluded, they are indeed just rumors. At least that would be the case in a proper democracy with a proper justice system. Something along the lines that you aren't guilty, until your guilt has been proven. If after the evidence has been considered in a court of law, and the judge convicts based upon that evidence, you can scream vote buying all you like.

So we are lucky that the EC gave out a couple of red cards already....several cases concluded already.....parties (not only PPP) on the way to the dissolution

That is incorrect, they have only announced that they are going to take it to court, it could take at least a month or more UNTIL these parties are going to be gone, and only AFTER relevant evidence has been considered by a court of law. As I said, you're only guilty after the judge considered the evidence and came to a verdict, not the case now. Later, wait a while. (something the PAD could have done as well).

and the RED CARDS?? They also don't exist in your parallel world?

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as all the self righteous hypocrites that says Thaksin is the FIRST crooked politician in Thailand, get a grip on reality.

Well get a grip on this: For the first time *ever* the Thai legal system is starting to hold corrupt politicians to account. It's axeing parties that engage in vote buying and putting away cronies that try to bribe their way out of trouble. This is major progress towards cleaning up the system. The judiciary are holding the line and its going to take a while for the politicians to get used to it. I look forward to Samak's resignation in the morning.

Hopefully its just a rumour - Thailand doesn't need Samak, but it needs the govt to stand up and squash the PAD for this political blackmail. If he resigns this definitely isn't good for Thailand and then we will repeat the same rubbish again and again.

Too True.

Not good to have a power vacuum, with PAD or anybody else just walking in to power.

A Controlled, Legitimate, Accountable government must be the aim.

I still cannot see an easy way to attain this.

No easy way! Just adopt general democratic principles that operate elsewhere - vote them out at the next election, have a vote of no confidence (if the system allows for it), and/ or peaceful demonstrations (not including breaking & entering or stopping people going about their legitimate business). I'm amazed at the restraint that has been shown. In most parts of the world (including the West), there would have been an overwhelming show of force by now.

:o

I just told the wife about this "news", and she asks why it is not being reported on TV? Then I log on to here and see it is merely a rumor. Passing on rumors this way is not very helpful, in my estimation, anyone can dream up stuff like that. Let's see what happens tomorrow, huh?

samak the bungling fool dreamed up a rumor that he was going to get arrested at the airport once. it never happened of course.

but that was newsworthy enough for the newspapers at least.

its truly amazing people actually votes for this moron. and will probably continute to vote for whoever the next puppet is

People who vote for the likes of Samak and Thaksin are the uneducated masses and as long as Thailand does nothing to improve the educational system in this country (standards and access to a full 12 years of school), nothing will change. The elite like to keep the upcountry folks dumb to keep them down, but what the elite get in return is the likes of Samak and Thaksin running the country.

ER

To explain this to the "Upcountry Folks" you would need to develop a "Rather Specil Programme"

Yes they need to know how to spell Special! :D

Everyone keep in mind that it is just a rumor that Samak will resign tomorrow.

Not much evidence yet.

Maybe he just come with his :o Samak style and announce something different.

We and the media are just boosting each other with wishful thinking.

I hope he leaves and there is some evidence, but it is not sure and if it happens you may have some crap solution.

Barnharn Premier Samak keeps Defense Minister,,,,everything the same as now.

Hopefully its just a rumour - Thailand doesn't need Samak, but it needs the govt to stand up and squash the PAD for this political blackmail. If he resigns this definitely isn't good for Thailand and then we will repeat the same rubbish again and again.

Too True.

Not good to have a power vacuum, with PAD or anybody else just walking in to power.

A Controlled, Legitimate, Accountable government must be the aim.

I still cannot see an easy way to attain this.

No easy way! Just adopt general democratic principles that operate elsewhere - vote them out at the next election, have a vote of no confidence (if the system allows for it), and/ or peaceful demonstrations (not including breaking & entering or stopping people going about their legitimate business). I'm amazed at the restraint that has been shown. In most parts of the world (including the West), there would have been an overwhelming show of force by now.

Vote them out? When the EC and courts need years to rule on vote buying and fraud?

In other countries you would see the same if the judges, the army, the middle class, the academics would support the protesters and their wifes and children stay at the protests.

As you see, neither the police not army or courts believe that Samak is Premier, it is just another monkey...

Meanwhile, the Khon Kaen branch of the Democratic Alliance against Dictatorship (DAAD) yesterday mobilised locals to join its protest in Samut Prakan province, saying they would be rewarded with Bt10,000 for every ASTV reporter or photographer killed, a source said yesterday.

From : http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2008/09/04...cs_30082506.php

Old habits die hard. :o

This is beginning to bug me so much that i am starting to bite.

1) Samak WAS NOT elected, he was appointed by his party.

2) The PPP DID NOT get the majority vote (37% I believe), 37% IS NOT a majority.

3) The Dems as an individual party got the most votes, but not by a large enough margin to take government.

4) The PPP took government only by way of forming a coallition with other parties, meaning that they had the majority of seats in the house. But still, they DID NOT have the majorty vote from the electorate.

I would recommend/like that some people pay due and proper attention as to what has been happening before posting their opinions.

I am wasting my time with this post aren't I?

No, you are not - I didn't actually know that. I guess I just didn't pay too much attention to the whole "which thugs are in charge" game. However, it's good to know the PPP had fewer votes than the Dems. So - thanks! :o

Edited by nikster

2) The PPP DID NOT get the majority vote (37% I believe), 37% IS NOT a majority.

3) The Dems as an individual party got the most votes, but not by a large enough margin to take government.

4) The PPP took government only by way of forming a coallition with other parties, meaning that they had the majority of seats in the house. But still, they DID NOT have the majorty vote from the electorate.

I would recommend/like that some people pay due and proper attention as to what has been happening before posting their opinions.

No, you are not - I didn't actually know that. I guess I just didn't pay too much attention to the whole "which thugs are in charge" game. However, it's good to know the PPP had fewer votes than the Dems. So - thanks! :D

Party Constituency Proportional TOTAL Votes % Seats Votes % Seats People's Power Party 26,293,456 Votes. 36.63 %. 199 Seats. 14,071,799 Votes. 39.60 %. 34 Seats. 233

Democrat Party 21,745,696 Votes. 30.30 %. 132 Seats. 14,084,265 Votes. 39.63 %. 33 Seats. 165[/b]

Thai Nation Party 6,363,475 votes. 8.87 %. 33 Seats. 1,545,282 Votes. 4.35 %. 4 Seats [b]37

For the Motherland 6,599,422 Votes. 9.19 %. 17 Seats. 1,981,021 Votes. 5.57 %. 7 Seats 24[/b]

Thais United National Development Party 3,395,197 Votes. 4.73 %. 8 Seats. 948,544 Votes. 2.67 %. 1 Seat 9[/b[

Neutral Democratic Party 3,844,673 Votes. 5.36 %. 7 Seats. 528,464 Votes. 1.49 %. 0 Seats. [b]7

Royalist People's Party 1,632,795 Votes. 2.27 %. 4 Seats. 750,158 Votes. 2.11 %. 1 Seat. [b]5

Others 1,897,953 2.64 — 1,626,234 4.58 — 0 Valid votes 71,772,667* 100 400 35,535,767 100 80 480 No Votes 906,216 2.32

Invalid Votes 2,539,429 6.51 Total Turnout 38,981,412 85.38 Source: The Nation

* As constituencies elect between one and three MPs, some people have two or three votes.

<a href="http://" target="_blank"></a>

The result from the 2007 election :o

Edited by larvidchr

No, you are not - I didn't actually know that. I guess I just didn't pay too much attention to the whole "which thugs are in charge" game. However, it's good to know the PPP had fewer votes than the Dems. So - thanks! :D

Party Constituency Proportional TOTAL Votes % Seats Votes % Seats People's Power Party 26,293,456 36.63 199 14,071,799 39.60 34 233 Democrat Party 21,745,696 30.30 132 14,084,265 39.63 33 165 Thai Nation Party 6,363,475 8.87 33 1,545,282 4.35 4 37 For the Motherland 6,599,422 9.19 17 1,981,021 5.57 7 24 Thais United National Development Party 3,395,197 4.73 8 948,544 2.67 1 9 Neutral Democratic Party 3,844,673 5.36 7 528,464 1.49 0 7 Royalist People's Party 1,632,795 2.27 4 750,158 2.11 1 5 Others 1,897,953 2.64 — 1,626,234 4.58 — 0 Valid votes 71,772,667* 100 400 35,535,767 100 80 480 No Votes 906,216 2.32

Invalid Votes 2,539,429 6.51 Total Turnout 38,981,412 85.38 Source: The Nation

* As constituencies elect between one and three MPs, some people have two or three votes.

<a href="http://" target="_blank"></a>

The result from the 2007 election :o

That does not look like the Democrates had more votes.

No. Nothing. I was hoping to make a difference but I found out after a while that I was nothing more than a glorified maid, cleaning up the English language as you did with my missive that I wrote on the fly. You know nothing of my standards or what I was hired to do there and what I did there. I find your comment puerile.

Ah, thank you... 12 point word for the day...

Ahem, were you describing the TV member who corrected you grammar -or- the Thai populace, governmental & educational systems combined???

As others have indicated, same same, but different... That's what we can expect from the next regime to take power in Thailand...

I hope so.

The only thing he has is a big mouth.

He cant control his party, he cant control the people, he can't control the country.

Just a bungling incompetent with a big mouth and f all leadership skills.

What a pathetic excuse for a prime minister.

Truly amazing millions voted for him. I hope they all learned their lesson.

But he was democratically elected and by a sizeable majority. Who is going to want to be PM now, other than an even worse big mouth who can't... etc. The main loser out of this farce will be democracy in Thailand because even with more than half the electorate behind his government Samak can't stay in power, as Thaksin couldn't before him.

He didn't have a majority at all he had to form a coalition. Also his party has already been found guilty of buying votes, how democratic is that???

He didn't have a majority at all he had to form a coalition. Also his party has already been found guilty of buying votes, how democratic is that???

The democrats were even worse off. They didn't even manage to form a coalition and were convicted of vote buying too. Why are they not dissolved?

If one party that bought votes should be dissolved, the others that bought votes should be too. Fair is fair. But then again, if every party that bought votes would be disqualified, there would be no parties left.

Let's all hope this will be the end of him. He was never fit to run a country. His speaches and talks on television that i have seen thus far have been almost as embarrassing as Bushe's. Buda/God bless Thailand

Yeah, I'd rather see Thailand in the hands of the guys that raided the TV stations, raided the government parliament, shut down the airports, threatened to cut off power, water and telecommunications, will not fear to ruin the economy and scare all the tourists away. I'll sleep much better at night.

quote from Thai Political analyst. From AFP 00.20 Today.

" All these calls for Samak to resign now constitute a litmus test for Thailand's democratic system" said political analyst Thitinan Pongsudhirak of Chulalongkorn University.

"If the PAD remains intransigent and gets its way, that would mean Samak is ousted and PAD is unlikely to stop there. Ultimately they're going far to the right, taking Thailand back to the dark ages"

End qoute.

:o

Of course the Democrats didn't have more votes. And of course the PPP won. Even if they bought votes (and the Democrats did as well), they still had 4,547,760 more votes.

You substracted PPP-Dems and get 4,547,760, which is correct.

I added each party`s vote total and get a whopping 71,772,667 votes? :o

I missed something or every woman, man , child and burmese wroker has voted?

Edited by Tony Clifton

:o BINGO H90.

:D

well no wonder...The Democrats are nice guys and they have good ideas, but politic?

Now they try to stay silent between, criticizing the PAD, criticizing the PPP.

The like PAD but try to don't scare away other voters, so criticize the PAD but not strong enough to scare them away (as they anyway have no other choice) and trying to keep a low profile as time and others are anyway working for them.

That won't make people enthusiastic. How they explain an Isaan farmer why he should vote for them?

"Because we are not as evil as PPP"?? Thats not much of a reason.

I am not a fan of populistig speeches but a little bit of a clear position would be good.

Of course the Democrats didn't have more votes. And of course the PPP won. Even if they bought votes (and the Democrats did as well), they still had 4,547,760 more votes.

from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_general_election,_2007

I just told the wife about this "news", and she asks why it is not being reported on TV? Then I log on to here and see it is merely a rumor. Passing on rumors this way is not very helpful, in my estimation, anyone can dream up stuff like that. Let's see what happens tomorrow, huh?

I would take anything ripped from The Nation's website with a grain of salt. I worked there for two years after many years as an investigative reporter in the U.S. They're standards for writing articles are quite low. I had many run-ins with reporters trying to write one-source stories based on an interview with an "anonymous" source. The paper is getting worse these days having laid off the majority of its foreign editors and pared down the local staff to a skeleton crew.

its truly amazing people actually votes for this moron. and will probably continute to vote for whoever the next puppet is

I was under the impression that people in Thailand vote for a party, not a leader.

Yes I am sorry I know the figures is not all that easy to look at the way I managed to get it pasted, but simple if you look at seats alone.

PPP got 233 seats.

DEM got 165 seats.

In January 2008 PPP then joined up with all the other party's to form a coalition leaving the DEM's as the sole opposition, with the PPP coalition having 315 seats and the Democrats 165 seats.

The figures from the election result looks confusing because there is both constituency votes and proportional votes shown. But I assure you the numbers is correct and from the final result as published by the NATION.

:D

I hope so.

The only thing he has is a big mouth.

He cant control his party, he cant control the people, he can't control the country.

Just a bungling incompetent with a big mouth and f all leadership skills.

What a pathetic excuse for a prime minister.

Truly amazing millions voted for him. I hope they all learned their lesson.

They won't learn from it. People from the North vote for somebody who can bring a better life for them. The politicians "use" the desparate minds of many people from the North, and those people always hope for the better, even when the politicians have only in mind to fill their own pockets, but hope is all what is left for a lot of people from the poorer regions.There is no true democracy in Thailand, as the normal people like you and I may not practice politics. They can vote for candidates wich others have already choosen for them, but no-one of them represent the people really.The protest was leaded by the elite of the country who don't want to be solidair with the poor, a waste of money they say. So, the whole thing is in fact, the rich south contra the poor north. People from the North shouldn't get a right to vote, they say, so they are against democracy and want things remain like in the old days,a select group of very rich people using the poor as slaves,but the world has changed even the elite doesn't take notice of that. The global economy is a fact and due to democracy this can lead to a better and more social community. Japan and South Korea proved this, but if the conservatives remain in power things doesn't look to bright for Thailand and it's people.

great news for thailand ,hopefully the damage done will have been minemal ,i for one is relieved....

It's extremely bad news for Thailand. i is not relieved....

As far as I know, nobody has resigned yet. Whatever happens, The politicians need to prevent at all costs that the PAD idiots are going to have a say in any of this. They don't have a mandate.