Xbox Live?

GangsterOfLove

No. only occasional problems, I use TT&T MaxNet Premier (1,990 Baht )

I rember playing Gears and HALO 3when I had it and never had any LAG, I have sometimes with COD4 but mostly its fine even with 16 players.

I undersood LAG is usually caused when games are hosted on Servess in the US (most od them) hence the probelm I beleive when you then play games online with USA based palyers when you are in Thailand. (some one more technical may explain that better I hope :o

Try to find players who are located in Asia, such HK, Singapore or Thailand based so no LAG problems.

Well it can only be something else? because I never had problems with LAG and downloads on Market place seems normal.

Have you run the Live test? it may be router not compatible with xbox live? just a guess

(Gamer Tag) Devil Crash

It's high speed, I'm getting the best possible internet.

Which ISP ?? Which package ??

Just buying broadband doesnt mean its not a massively high contention line.. Sounds like you have just arrived from the US.

Post a speedtest.net speed report to the USA (not domestic servers).

318571641.png

Like that

OK thats just your domestic bandwidth.. As I said.. Do one out of Thailand.. Click Seattle to do a like for like.

A Thai ISP, full of shit.. Nah, couldnt be true !!

The simplest answer is often the one.. Get a good ISP and internet connection, and it likely much of the issue will go away.

I use TOT (no other choice where I am) 2000/500 and as I said before I regularly play online with buddies in the states with little to no lag, in certain games.

Yes a better connection and service provider helps (I'd love a connection like LivinLOS's) but at the end of the day nothing can really be done to lower pings, so your online gaming experience will ultimately boil down to the game's netcode.

Alternatively have your buddies join your party and then search for games in COD4, so it should find servers that are better for everyone.

The US is far away. It's simply impossible to get good pings to the US no matter what service you use. You should try playing with people in Thailand and South East Asia to get a good ping. I don't know about the Xbox, but there are lots of local players in Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore on PC games.

Might wanna check your NAT status too (run a test), make sure it's open.

Also if you go to Xbox.com, then in the top left click 'International' and choose a country in Asia (like Singapore) then go to the forums you can often find people making threads with lists of gamertags from this region.

• 1 month later...

l I bought a modded xbox 360. Now I need to download some updates so I can play divx. Can I connect to Live! and download those updates or should I be worried of being banned? Or is that banning problem only when if I try to play some game online?

I just got different kind of information from other forum :o they said that I can download updated without worries. I have to try it because some games need those updates too.

Now I have other problem: I cannot connect to Live! for some reason. I have true adsl, dhcp is on in both systems but connection still not working. Cables are ok. Any ideas?

What error number do you get when you try to connect?

If you see Status Code: Z: 8015 - 190D then your console (but not xbox live account) has been banned already!

I pushed my luck to far last year playing TF2 over live and the next day got banned

Also not a good idea to play games that have not yet been offcially released yet (Gears 2 etc)

Edited by Ian_B

• 4 weeks later...