Where To Meet Single Female Expats And Cool "dudes"?

canuckdude007

Hi all,

I've recently moved to BKK (10 weeks ago), I work in the IT industry (ie, from home). For that reason I don't really have any work buddies for post-work drinks, which make it a bit harder to get into a cool nightlife routine.

That said, I'm not really into Thai girls (they are all yours!), so I wonder where is the best place to go, to meet single expats girls (i'm 26) and cool guys?

Any hot spots or especial days?I suppose that friday and saturday are the best days to go out? Remember that I'll likely be going there by myself - at least until I get drunk eh, then everyone is a friend! ;-)

Thanx

Edited by canuckdude007

Hi all,

I've recently moved to BKK (10 weeks ago), I work in the IT industry (ie, from home). For that reason I don't really have any work buddies for post-work drinks, which make it a bit harder to get into a cool nightlife routine.

That said, I'm not really into Thai girls (they are all yours!), so I wonder where is the best place to go, to meet single expats girls (i'm 26) and cool guys?

Any hot spots or especial days?I suppose that friday and saturday are the best days to go out? Remember that I'll likely be going there by myself - at least until I get drunk eh, then everyone is a friend! ;-)

Thanx

suk and soi 7 near beer garten find ask for katoy; sounds like it'll b all you need.

Thanx

suk and soi 7 near beer garten find ask for katoy; sounds like it'll b all you need.

No wonder why falangs carry such a bad reputation in BKK. Someone who is new in town, from the west, is friendly asking for advices from those who are here for a long time, and apart from someone who wrote me a PM with some good tips (thanks!), all I got in this thread was jokes and disrespect

Thanks

Edited by canuckdude007

Hi all,

Thanx

Try Khaosan road, silom, siam paragon.

I think Silom soi 4 if the main hang-out for "cool" guys in Bangkok :o

Be nice (although I did like the post I must admit). Places for IT guys new to Bangkok, check out Thailandfriends.com perhaps there is an IT society here like a chess club or something zzzzz

Failing that, Soi Cowboy mate.

Don't take offence the people here are generally just nuts

I think you genuinely confused the siht out of every one by saying you want to find a white chick :o especially since all the farang ladies are looking for Thai men your up for a mighty challenge. I feel you will convert to the other side (relax noy gay or tranny)sooner than you think. Wouldn't have a clue where to steer you apart from the bars at 5 star hotels in BKK. Best to head off to any of the islands where young topless Swedish backpackers lay on the beaches, but probably waiting for a Thai Beach Boy

Wait just remember The bed Supper Club in soi 11 has a lot of young western girls there and great place. Google it for pics

Hi there,

I'm a British girl and 28 yrs old, but very happily married (to a British guy). However I have lots of friends; girls and guys alike. Your best bet is to head for normal pubs where there is a friendly, everyone-knows-everyone atmosphere and you can have a conversation.

I met most of my friends in Suk Soi 4 - not Nana Plaza, a bit further down the street. There's a British Pub called Chequers and an Irish bar called Finnegans. We can usually be found in one or the other most nights and I can guarantee you'll get chatting to some 'normal' people there and find some like minded expats after a few visits.

Catch ya for a beer or several tomorrow/Saturday if you decide to pop down.

Best of luck :o

Hi there,

I'm a British girl and 28 yrs old, but very happily married (to a British guy). However I have lots of friends; girls and guys alike. Your best bet is to head for normal pubs where there is a friendly, everyone-knows-everyone atmosphere and you can have a conversation.

I met most of my friends in Suk Soi 4 - not Nana Plaza, a bit further down the street. There's a British Pub called Chequers and an Irish bar called Finnegans. We can usually be found in one or the other most nights and I can guarantee you'll get chatting to some 'normal' people there and find some like minded expats after a few visits.

Catch ya for a beer or several tomorrow/Saturday if you decide to pop down.

Best of luck :o

Normal people in Bangkok, you are correct, best of luck mate.

I agree none of us are exactly 'normal'... perhaps 'like-minded' may have been a better description :D

Also, the lady who made the reference did say she was from GB so in that sense, 'like minded' is probably is a better description than "normal". :o

Pm girlx, she isn't into Thai guys and she might know of some places to hang out. She is rather particular with whom she associates but might be worth a try, never the less.

But be a bit careful, she has a habit of telling people where and when to meet and then not showing up :o

I'm pretty much in a similar situation to yourself. Similar age, working at IT from home.

I'm not too sure what advice I can give you though. Apart from joining social clubs (which I never did) there doesn't seem to be an easy answer.

Just go to places where it's possible to chat like minded people. Finnegans isn't a bad spot as mentioned above. I might be there on Sunday myself.

Pm girlx, she isn't into Thai guys and she might know of some places to hang out. She is rather particular with whom she associates but might be worth a try, never the less.

But be a bit careful, she has a habit of telling people where and when to meet and then not showing up :o

That's okay cheap date and in BKK never need to go home alone :D

harty har... it's nice to see i am so important that people are still discussing this a week later. don't ya'll have anything better to do?

as for places to meet farang chicks, i would think you might get a few PMs just from posting an inquiry here OP? khao san road is an obvious place. ladies' nights, bars in suk soi 11, RCA....

cloudbusting i didn't know you worked from home as well... i feel your pain :o... hope to see you at the next meet up.

Ok Guys and Girls, I suppose when I posted the thread, it was late in the evening, and I only got replies from those who don't go out here, so can't add any interesting info to the topic.

THANKS A LOT for all the PM's and tips that were posted later. This will definitely keep me busy and entranteined for the next few weeks :o

Khao San Road is an obvious one, full of westerners, a lot of "gap year" students being bikes, might not be in town for long though due to travel ... erm, dont see a down side tbh

Where do teachers hang out ? Arent there some farang teachers knocking about ? Probably Khao San Road again tbh :o