Thai Mother Abandon Daughter

shielded220011

Any help would be appreciated,

I am an American single father have been living in Thailand for the past 8 yrs. I met a deaf Thai lady 5 yrs. ago and we lived together for the first 2 1/2 yrs. happily. During that time we had a daughter unmarried. Daughter is now 4 yrs. old. and subsequently 1 1/2 yrs. ago my gf decided she didn't want to be a mother anymore and just walked out, but kept contact for a few months after. I was advised about a year ago to file a police report to state the mother left, which I did. I am trying to go home for a visit to see my family as well as business, but have been refused a passport for my daughter. The Thai amphor office said I needed the mothers signature in order to process the application, but before the mother walked out I asked if she would help get our daughter a passport and she stated she wouldn't sign any papers for such documents. (I believe feeling she wouldn't see her child again or for unknown reasons to me) This wouldn't have been the case as I offered to fly her as well, and possibly see her own mother that has done the same thing to her 15yrs. ago. and moved to America to remarry with no contact afterwards.(abandoning her, sad yes!) My gf's father still lives somewhere in the essan area, but don't know where. My question is what can i possibly do to obtain a thai passport for my little girl to bring her to the USA to meet her grandparents and return to Thailand as I plan to stay here until she is fluent in all aspects of the thai language and her heritage here. She attends a good school but it is difficult for me to maintain this fantasy that one day she and i will be able to move freely for our families well being. I also spoke to the American embassy and they only asked why I waited so long to register my daughter, good question! So now they are asking for a DNA test to prove I am the father but still insist on meeting and interviewing the mother. Where ever she is.I am registered as her father on the birth certificate and house registration, also have copies of her mothers ID and police report, but to no avail. I have been told I have no rights under thai law and even a lawyer told me to buy a house to prove that ******* is my daughter. I have a business consultancy firm overseas so don't hold a work permit at this time, but have in the past. At times I need to leave in order to meet clients, but have turned down contracts because I wont leave my daughter behind. I am living with a new lady that has helped tremendously with my daughter, but I also feel guilty for her burdens, as she isn't the biological mother but cares as if she were. What legal options do I have, and is it possible to get a thai passport without the mother present? I was thinking if i hold her thai passport the American embassy would be a little more forth coming with their own.

Please advise thanks with some in site or experience.

S.

HI;

I am american and the same thing happened to me after 10 years of living togeather. What you should have done when she was born is reported the birth to the usa embassy and gotten a report of birth aboard ( which i did) and this gives ur daugther a us passport. BUT since u did not you will need to get your wife to appear and sopmeone that has know you the whole time and say she is your child and then once she does u will be given the roba and can apply for her us passport.

Even after you get the first pasport you will need to go to childrens court (which i did) and get the court to state your the sole parent.

WITHOUT this you have very little chance of ever getting her a thai passport until she is of age and no chance of a us passport. In effect without the court order you have stolen your childs future by not doing what you should have done, ( sorry to say but you F#@Ked up)

Getting a thai passport requires both parents signature or a court document stating your the sole parent ( this i obtained with a lawyer and going to court)

For thai passports bith parents sigs are required till she is 18 (unless you have court order) for us passport until she is 16

With a thai passport she would need a visa which i doubt they would give you.

ITS all about the money!!!! i paid my ex 150,000 for her to sign. Find the mother and then go to a lawyer with her and have him draw up the papers and go to court and get sole custody, and pay her and get on with ur life.

My daughter is now in school in the states and loves it.

Edited by phuketrichard

So to those banging on about both parents having to be present we now know that is rubbish because one can just sign a form / letter. Can anyone use a word processor ?

And what about if one is dead ? then no passport for little Somchai ?

I've every belief that in the boonies more than in town, paperwork is often not required. Law or no law, they make the law.