Doom And Gloom

Nignoy

It seems the panic horror stories of the situation in thailand are working too, we went down to book flights yesterday at flightcentre in brisbane, as we asked about flight availability in november we were told we could take our pick because of the many cancellations, we picked up flights with Etihad all in clusive 827 dollars return with a 6 day 3 star hotel stopover in singapore as well, that is all inclusive !!!!they commented that the govt statement about the dangers of travelling to thailand is one of the causes of so many cancellations, so shop around people, this is cheaper than flying to Perth for Xmas :o

etihad_a340_incident_toulouse_2.jpg

Be careful. They're not the best pilots in the world.

Written by To The Point News

Friday, 16 May 2008

The brand spanking new Airbus 340-600, the largest passenger airplane ever built, sat in its hangar in Toulouse, France without a single hour of airtime. Enter the Arab flight crew of Abu Dhabi Aircraft Technologies (ADAT) on November 15, 2007 to conduct pre-delivery tests on the ground, such as engine run-ups, prior to delivery to Etihad Airways in Abu Dhabi

The ADAT crew taxied the A340-600 to the run-up area. Then they took all four engines to takeoff power with a virtually empty aircraft. Not having read the run-up manuals, they had no clue just how light an empty A340-600 really is.

The takeoff warning horn was blaring away in the cockpit because they had all 4 engines at full power. The aircraft computers thought they were trying to takeoff but it had not been configured properly (flaps/slats, etc.) Then one of the ADAT crew decided to pull the circuit breaker on the Ground Proximity Sensor to silence the alarm.

This fools the aircraft into thinking it is in the air.

The computers automatically released all the brakes and set the aircraft rocketing forward. The ADAT crew had no idea that this is a safety feature so that pilots can't land with the brakes on.

Not one member of the seven-man Arab crew was smart enough to throttle back the engines from their max power20setting, so the $200 million brand-new aircraft crashed into a blast barrier, totaling it.

The extent of injuries to the crew is unknown, for there has been a news blackout in the major media in France and elsewhere. Coverage of the story was deemed insulting to Arabs.

Edited by Mighty Mouse

It seems the panic horror stories of the situation in thailand are working too, we went down to book flights yesterday at flightcentre in brisbane, as we asked about flight availability in november we were told we could take our pick because of the many cancellations, we picked up flights with Etihad all in clusive 827 dollars return with a 6 day 3 star hotel stopover in singapore as well, that is all inclusive !!!!they commented that the govt statement about the dangers of travelling to thailand is one of the causes of so many cancellations, so shop around people, this is cheaper than flying to Perth for Xmas :o

Unfortunately about every 6 months I have to go Singapore. The cheapest, nastiest hotel I can find is usually over US$80/night.

So if they are throwing in a 6 nights stopover in Sing from Brisbane and a flight to BKK for 800 dollar in November things are obviously serious.

If the travel agent says there are "many cancellations" that speaks for itself. This is the time when people book for the high season.

The news footage on BBC is now ramping up and making Thailand look much less of an attractive tourism destination.

Sure, your hardcore Thai tourists will still come, but those fresh, higher end, bigger spending tourists that Thai needs will probably go elsewhere. Maybe to the temples and beaches of Cambodia or to the well marketed Malaysia or maybe not Asia at all.

If you own a hotel, bar, restaurant or anything associated with tourism in Thailand, prepare thyself for a low "high" season. Could be a few more "jumpers" than usual this year. Be careful when walking around tall buildings.

All sounds like good news to me, maybe they'll start offering those 2 for 1 business class seats like they did last time around.

It's good news for me also. I have to go to Thailand soon and I like it when it's not busy.

Maybe the bg's will be offering a similar deal to the airlines :o

It's a good time to buy tickets to travel, and probably hotel accomodation.

With so many tourists entering LOS, most of which know little of the country, you can take advantage of these cancellations and price cuts.

It's me thinking.....

Unfortunately about every 6 months I have to go Singapore. The cheapest, nastiest hotel I can find is usually over US$80/night.

U sure its the cheapest and nastiest u can find?

If u need help let me guide u. For US$25 u get a night in the nastiest and cheapest place in Singapore.

Just go to Geylang :o

etihad_a340_incident_toulouse_2.jpg

Be careful. They're not the best pilots in the world.

Written by To The Point News

Friday, 16 May 2008

The brand spanking new Airbus 340-600, the largest passenger airplane ever built, sat in its hangar in Toulouse, France without a single hour of airtime. Enter the Arab flight crew of Abu Dhabi Aircraft Technologies (ADAT) on November 15, 2007 to conduct pre-delivery tests on the ground, such as engine run-ups, prior to delivery to Etihad Airways in Abu Dhabi

The ADAT crew taxied the A340-600 to the run-up area. Then they took all four engines to takeoff power with a virtually empty aircraft. Not having read the run-up manuals, they had no clue just how light an empty A340-600 really is.

The takeoff warning horn was blaring away in the cockpit because they had all 4 engines at full power. The aircraft computers thought they were trying to takeoff but it had not been configured properly (flaps/slats, etc.) Then one of the ADAT crew decided to pull the circuit breaker on the Ground Proximity Sensor to silence the alarm.

This fools the aircraft into thinking it is in the air.

The computers automatically released all the brakes and set the aircraft rocketing forward. The ADAT crew had no idea that this is a safety feature so that pilots can't land with the brakes on.

Not one member of the seven-man Arab crew was smart enough to throttle back the engines from their max power20setting, so the $200 million brand-new aircraft crashed into a blast barrier, totaling it.

The extent of injuries to the crew is unknown, for there has been a news blackout in the major media in France and elsewhere. Coverage of the story was deemed insulting to Arabs.

[/quote What should I have done about flight safety ?? Flown Quantas :D there is also a comment about the free hotel being a crappy one!! well I have never stayed at this one it is the Novotel Clark Quay , just looked it up on the net ,does not seem so crappy to me :o

If u need help let me guide u. For US$25 u get a night in the nastiest and cheapest place in Singapore.

I stayed in a place for 600 THB a Night, there is a chain of the in Geylang...... and the area is not as bad as what people make out

I stayed in a place for 600 THB a Night, there is a chain of the in Geylang...... and the area is not as bad as what people make out

I like Geylang. It feels just like you are in Thailand with cheap restaurants and reasonably priced hotels.

Edited by Ulysses G.