Dead Fish In Canal Near Rally -the Nation

junkofdavid2

Is this supposed to be news? What on earth is its relationship the the rally, other than that the fish were "gasping for breath"? Many protesters, ergo, the fish suffocated??? :o

Fish found dead on canal in Government House

A lot of fish were found dead on the canal inside the Government House compound in the morning of Thursday, the tenth day of the rally by the People's Alliance for Democracy there.

Many more fishes were seen gasping for air on the surface of the canal behind the Thai Khufa building.

The Nation

Is this supposed to be news? What on earth is its relationship the the rally, other than that the fish were "gasping for breath"? Many protesters, ergo, the fish suffocated??? :o

Fish found dead on canal in Government House

A lot of fish were found dead on the canal inside the Government House compound in the morning of Thursday, the tenth day of the rally by the People's Alliance for Democracy there.

Many more fishes were seen gasping for air on the surface of the canal behind the Thai Khufa building.

The Nation

It's the nation mate, this is what happens when you lay-off 30 editorial staff. Really like the part about many more fishes gasping for air. touching story

I guess it implies some kind of pollution of the water as a result of the congregation of people.

You would think that they are implying that, but quite honestly, I doubt they thought that far ahead.

Probably, just a bored reporter walking around the area and noticed that someone forgot to turn on the air pump for the swamp and all the little fishes have suffocated.

Stop the presses, we have a new front cover story for tomorrow's editon of the Nation.

Could potentially be a big story if the PAD protesters had been dumping their trash into the canal. I'm not if that's a big deal here, but back home it would be political suicide if (for example) McCain and his supporters decided to take a shit in the local river.

Edited by dave111223

My first thought was that something poisonous was spread around the rally site to make the protesters sick and leave the place. The small quanitities were not noticable on people yet (the substance was supposed to have an effect in the long-term) but was enough to kill the fish :o