Another Poll: Your Thai Political Views Versus The Place Where You Live

WinnieTheKhwai

Your political views, by region  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just posted a similar poll that asks to match your Western political views (liberal vs conservative) to your Thai political views.

This one goes by region / place where you live.

In Thailand of course by and large the people in Bangkok and the South support PAD / the Democrat party, and people in the North and North East don't.

This is about you though.

I just posted a similar poll that asks to match your Western political views (liberal vs conservative) to your Thai political views.

This one goes by region / place where you live.

In Thailand of course by and large the people in Bangkok and the South support PAD / the Democrat party, and people in the North and North East don't.

This is about you though.

Excellent poll! Let's see how it develops. :o

I live on the Eastern Seaboard, but couldn't really give the proverbial flying <deleted> at a rolling donut for silly little despots and their games.

Yes.I think this category should be added to the poll.

Would any of the parties propose policies of any benefit to expats? It's kind of hard to get passionate about Thai politics....although some here clearly do :o

Hi all. I live just outside of BKK. I kinda of share the view of many of my neighbors (I am in a factory town full of people from issan as well as the south) and when anyone mentions the problems in Bangkok I say "Oh Mob mak mak" , swing some punches into the air, and then talk to them about more pressing issues,no one here seems to care . Most of these guys make about 4000k/month and I guess they somehow cannot connect to either side really. But they do like it when I say "Mob mak mak" and swing in the air, not as much though, as when they try to get the new guy in the factory to talk English.

Total time spent:

Protest related discussions: 35 seconds

Trying to get new guy to talk to me in English: 45 minutes

couldn't find the answer for that on the poll though

My Thai wife and I live outside of Thailand and fall into the "Don't give a sh*t" category as the corruption will continue regardless of which group is in control with the only difference being which party, leaders, and special interest groups will divide the spoils. (Actually not much different than here in the US except in Thailand they are not anywhere as adept at concealing the corruption under legal guises)

I am beginning to believe the thread about TV being infiltrated by PAD--since it seems that more people are opposed to it. From the sounds of some of the threads, everyone is for it.

Exactly. In the 'News Clippings' threads the minority PAD people are posting much more often than the majority anti-PAD people, giving the false impression that most people are pro-PAD. However, this poll tells a different story (so far) - 65% against PAD, 35% for.

But, hey! This is a "democratic" poll - anyone can vote. So we can't expect the PAD people to join in. :D

GaiYaang and Fred2007: the 500 baht is in the post :o

So what is the purpose of the second half "Political view by spouse" section? I do not have a "wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend/partner" nor do I want one. I do have an ex that I am glad to be rid of however. When I try voting on just the upper section alone it returns an error message. Even if I had a "wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend/partner" what would that have to do with my opinion and what useful information might it indicate?

So what is the purpose of the second half "Political view by spouse" section? I do not have a "wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend/partner" nor do I want one. I do have an ex that I am glad to be rid of however. When I try voting on just the upper section alone it returns an error message. Even if I had a "wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend/partner" what would that have to do with my opinion and what useful information might it indicate?

It's really annoying when polls don't work the way you want them to, isn't it?

Hi all. I live just outside of BKK. I kinda of share the view of many of my neighbors (I am in a factory town full of people from issan as well as the south) and when anyone mentions the problems in Bangkok I say "Oh Mob mak mak" , swing some punches into the air, and then talk to them about more pressing issues,no one here seems to care . Most of these guys make about 4000k/month and I guess they somehow cannot connect to either side really. But they do like it when I say "Mob mak mak" and swing in the air, not as much though, as when they try to get the new guy in the factory to talk English.

Total time spent:

Protest related discussions: 35 seconds

Trying to get new guy to talk to me in English: 45 minutes

couldn't find the answer for that on the poll though

Yep...thats what I find too. Most Thais I speak to seem politically apathetic but oppose PADs actions as being bad for business. They don't have much choice though...Sondhi or Samak.....not exactly men you would want to actively be associated with if you bothered to check out their respective backgrounds. Not that I give a hoot much...let 'em get on with it....its not like we are going to get the vote anytime soon.

Where was the selection for "I don't give a rat's ass about Thai politics" Hmm? I am sure that I am not alone in thinking that as long I can stay fat, dumb, and happy e.g. the government stays out of my business, I really could care less who is in charge.

If they would bring back the infinite visa runs for farangs, one of the general could be in charge. Frankly IMHO nothing in the political arena happens without the blessing of His Majesty. So why not bring back a full blown monarchy? It is the only constant in Thai politics. Long Live The King!

It's really annoying when polls don't work the way you want them to, isn't it?

Agreed.

What the poll purports to measure is a connection between geography and political views? To do that we should look at it in terms of the following IMHO:

Eg.

7 of 18 total living in Bangkok (who voted) support PAD.

1 of 5 total living in the North (who voted) support PAD

etc.