Ford Ranger Wildtrak Or New Vigo?

skybluestu

The Ford's a nice looking vehicle, and I'm sure the build quality is top-notch. However, speaking from experience (at least as far as having owned an Everest) they are a bitch to sell. Thais don't want them. Farangs do want them, and you can always get lucky and find a Farang to give you a fair price on resale perhaps.

However, regarding Vigo, I was watching channel 3 this morning, and Toyota is running an ad on TV for Vigos, 10% down payment, .99% financing! This is a pretty radical discount unless there are strings attached. I suspect sales are slowing badly, and Toyota and its credit companies have cooked this up as a solution.

I wonder if we'll see these type of terms extended to passenger cars. It could be a great time to buy a car on credit in the coming few months as the economic slowdown really starts to bite the car manufacturers.

Pick up sales are down by 20-30% this year, they'd soon start paying you to buy them. Car sales, on the other hand, are growing.

In the long run diesels are far better option than gasoline engines, this year it's the spike in oil price that forced people to by smaller cars, should be back to normal next year.

Local 3l diesels have more than enough power by Thai standards, no need for V6 or V8, btw. In case of Ford they artificially limited its top speed to 158km/h, not a bad idea from safety point of view.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 2007 Ford 3.0L, 4 door, 4X4 wildtrack. Bought it in BR. Runs well, drives well, feels good, strong body, use B5, never a problem. Economy's not bad on long trips. Biodiesel gives less mileage, and there is a drop in power, not much, but 'highpower' or its equivalent is also more expensive.

A good vehicle. I like it. :o