Ice Cream.......i Need It!

Blinky Bill

Okay, you clowns need to get serious about the subject matter or be banned from ice cream parlors forever!

We are talking about ICE CREAM here, not slightly flavored, cold and mushy milk!

Da wife just called and she has found the same Homemade Italian Ice Cream that we experienced at Rim Ping Mae Jo, right here in our own Airport Plaza! She says they have even more flavors, including Lichee and a couple of others.

Apparently not right at Topps but back in a bit, "where you go up" (I am assuming near the escalators).

Stay tuned for breaking news as it happens...

(edited to clean up my language)

Edited by Dustoff

Da wife just called and she had found the same Homemade Italian Ice Cream that we experienced in Rim Ping, right here in our own Airport Plaza. She says they have even more flavors, including Lichee and a couple of others.

Apparently not right at Topps but back in a bit, "where you go up" (I am assuming near the escalators).

Thats the one i was talkin about! :D

The best ice-cream came from my own family of course :D. Father side (Italian) use to have a small ice-cream factory, making traditionalproperice cream. :o Used to love going there as a kid, free yummy ice cream Oyster cone! They sold it on tho..guess the offer was too good. :D

I don't consider myself a cheap-skate, but, to me, Ben and Jerrys and HaganDaz are just too expensive for the taste. Baskin Robbins is almost just as good for about 1/2 the price and I think that Swensons is OK for the price as well.

My favorite ice cream in Thailand is the bakery on the steps in front of the Landmark hotel on Sukumvit in Bangkok. It is homemade by the hotel chef and about 50 baht per scoop - like Baskin Robbins - but really fresh and tasty.

Gelato can be great, but a lot of times it isn't and I have not stumbled across any in Chiang Mai that were worth the extra money.

Just came back from Rimping and there was a guy with a little cart selling local type ice cream. Had quite the crowd around him.

Woman said it's the best..didn't get to try it though.

Boycott Ben & Jerry's. Support of cop killers is unacceptable.

I don't consider myself a cheap-skate, but, to me, Ben and Jerrys and HaganDaz are just too expensive for the taste. Baskin Robbins is almost just as good for about 1/2 the price and I think that Swensons is OK for the price as well.

My favorite ice cream in Thailand is the bakery on the steps in front of the Landmark hotel on Sukumvit in Bangkok. It is homemade by the hotel chef and about 50 baht per scoop - like Baskin Robbins - but really fresh and tasty.

Gelato can be great, but a lot of times it isn't and I have not stumbled across any in Chiang Mai that were worth the extra money.

Try lemon at Georgio.

The title says it all.

I just love ice-cream.

So where is the best place for a smooth and creamy ice-cream in Chiang Mai?

I hope this hasn't been covered before.

BUDS ice cream of Sanfransisco is amazing it is what it ses it is, real chocolate, nuts, strawberrys etc, etc

can be found in chiangmai at the trafic lights intersection near Prince Royal colledge,,McCormic hospital, British consulate.

Good price, 15% discount on wednesdays.

Try the bitter sweet chocolate chip and lime sherbert my fav.

from mike

Bud's ice cream was considered just the regular, inexpensice, neighborhood ice cream in San Francisco. :o

WAS is in the past every thing had to start some where..

TIME MAGAZINE featured Buds as ''one of the best ice creams in the world''

and I have to agree, I still say AMAZING BUD'S. :D

The title says it all.

I just love ice-cream.

So where is the best place for a smooth and creamy ice-cream in Chiang Mai?

I hope this hasn't been covered before.

Try Swensens or Baskin Robbins at Central shopping mall on Huay Kaew. Also, Thai ice cream is available from street vendors...it is usualy offered on a bun.

• 1 month later...
i'm a sucker for the KFC or Macdonalds 10 baht soft serves....its a must buy after a hard session of shopping at carefour with the missus......okay, so its not super style icecream, but it does me fine

Dairy Queen beats KFC hands down. better icecream, better cone, better chocolate dipping sauce. That said, I don't eat any of them anymore as I suspect it's a good source of melamine.

Any support here for a serious ice cream festival? Not the kind of half hearted thing that Airport Plaza runs from time to time but some sort of ice cream buffet with all the ice cream makers and vendors from the area. It would be held in some kind of high(ish) profile venue and give visitors the chance to really taste lots and lots of different kinds of the Cold Stuff. I've been considering this for quite a while - what do you think?