Sometimes You Win, Sometime You Loose.

asiancup2007

Sure everyone makes mistakes with spelling and the like but why do so many people spell lose as loose?

Here are some of the many examples from the annals of Thai Visa.

A farmer can have a perfect/excellent cane harvest, then loose all the expected profit come harvest, ... Indeed you can loose the crop if it rains!

This is easily fixed, just plant Lucerne.

Queue jumpers loose again!!

Quick catch them!

How can I loose the very last 2 inches off the waist.

Undo your belt.

Your pension is money you cannot afford to loose

Yes times are tight.

They are trying to tell you, or convince you not to loose your cool, but they know dam well your gunna loose it your first time driving in Thailand.

Tighten the nut behind the wheel.

I do agree with the PAD in principle but they do do things that could make them loose credibility at times.

Spelling, Failure. Politics, Failure.

On BBC World you often loose much of the point of a video clip

Try CNN.

As Chang Paarp said...you loose some privacy with the maid hanging around.

No he did not and somebody cut that poor woman down.

Every 90 days when I check in I loose some days.

Maybe your doctor can help.

I don't think anyone said (or meant) that Uniliver would abandon Thailand as a market for their goods. Only that possibly Thailand may loose management staff to more attractive locations in SE Asia. No consumer goods manaufacturer would ignore the Thai market, for while average incomes are low, the total polulation/market is large and there is a decent sized middle-class.

So you're the business editor of the Bangkok post?

loose [lOOs] adj not fastened or pre-packed; not tied up or confined; able to move freely; not tight, not firmly fixed; not close-fitting; careless, inaccurate, vague; dissolute, immoral; not closely woven; flabby; (of bowels) inclined to diarrhoea; l. box stable or van in which an animal can move about; at a l. end uncertain what to do next; unoccupied ~ loose adv in a loose way; play fast and l. behave rashly or unscupulously ~ loose n release; on the l. free from restraint; on a spree; ~ loose v/t untie, undo; release from confinement or constraint, set free; detatch; fire (gun); shoot (arrow); (eccles) absolve.

lose (p/t and p/part lost) [lOOz] v/t and i no longer have; be deprived of by accident or misfortune; mislay, fail to find; fail to get or win; be too late for; be bereaved of; waste; be defeated or beaten; suffer loss, become worse off; fail to hear, see or understand; cause or allow to perish; (of clock or watch) go too slowly; (refl) miss the right path; become absorbed in; l. one's head become flustered, panic; l. one's temper grow angry; l. one's way fail to find the right path; l. out (US) be defeated after a struggle.

Let the correction begin.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

someone has two too much time on there thier hands :D

<too much time on THEIR hands? :o

sorry Boater :-)

Just checking to see whether anyone would notice :D

anyway time to sue Mozilla Firefox, as it did not bring this up as a spelling mistake :D

Why don't Yanks know the difference between advise & advice? :o
The Yanks who make that mistake are just wrong. However, I had not noticed that it was only Americans who make that mistake. Advise is a verb, advice is the noun, and the ending sounds are different. We even have a phrase in our constitution (which is not only written, but sometimes spelled in British style) that mentions that some action must be done with the advice and consent of the US Senate.

Many or most adult Americans, Brits, Canadians, Aussies, Kiwis, et al, were not taught their grammar or spelling well.

Sure everyone makes mistakes with spelling and the like but why do so many people spell lose as loose?

Here are some of the many examples from the annals of Thai Visa.

A farmer can have a perfect/excellent cane harvest, then loose all the expected profit come harvest, ... Indeed you can loose the crop if it rains!

This is easily fixed, just plant Lucerne.

Queue jumpers loose again!!

Quick catch them!

How can I loose the very last 2 inches off the waist.

Undo your belt.

Your pension is money you cannot afford to loose

Yes times are tight.

They are trying to tell you, or convince you not to loose your cool, but they know dam well your gunna loose it your first time driving in Thailand.

Tighten the nut behind the wheel.

I do agree with the PAD in principle but they do do things that could make them loose credibility at times.

Spelling, Failure. Politics, Failure.

On BBC World you often loose much of the point of a video clip

Try CNN.

As Chang Paarp said...you loose some privacy with the maid hanging around.

No he did not and somebody cut that poor woman down.

Every 90 days when I check in I loose some days.

Maybe your doctor can help.

I don't think anyone said (or meant) that Uniliver would abandon Thailand as a market for their goods. Only that possibly Thailand may loose management staff to more attractive locations in SE Asia. No consumer goods manaufacturer would ignore the Thai market, for while average incomes are low, the total polulation/market is large and there is a decent sized middle-class.

So you're the business editor of the Bangkok post?

loose [lOOs] adj not fastened or pre-packed; not tied up or confined; able to move freely; not tight, not firmly fixed; not close-fitting; careless, inaccurate, vague; dissolute, immoral; not closely woven; flabby; (of bowels) inclined to diarrhoea; l. box stable or van in which an animal can move about; at a l. end uncertain what to do next; unoccupied ~ loose adv in a loose way; play fast and l. behave rashly or unscupulously ~ loose n release; on the l. free from restraint; on a spree; ~ loose v/t untie, undo; release from confinement or constraint, set free; detatch; fire (gun); shoot (arrow); (eccles) absolve.

lose (p/t and p/part lost) [lOOz] v/t and i no longer have; be deprived of by accident or misfortune; mislay, fail to find; fail to get or win; be too late for; be bereaved of; waste; be defeated or beaten; suffer loss, become worse off; fail to hear, see or understand; cause or allow to perish; (of clock or watch) go too slowly; (refl) miss the right path; become absorbed in; l. one's head become flustered, panic; l. one's temper grow angry; l. one's way fail to find the right path; l. out (US) be defeated after a struggle.

Let the correction begin.

there are typos and then there are deliberate wrong spellings....i guess some people pay attention at grade school, and others don't.