Pangola Grass Hay And Barley

HorseDoctor

Greetings ,

Thank you hat a great resource for agrig links , unfortunately I canot read Thai so cannot accrss info I need

I seek a reliable source for any grass hay. I am in Southern Thailand as nearer to Malaysia than Bangkok.

Also I'd like to find a source for barley grain

Thanks

Greetings ,

Thank you hat a great resource for agrig links , unfortunately I canot read Thai so cannot accrss info I need

I seek a reliable source for any grass hay. I am in Southern Thailand as nearer to Malaysia than Bangkok.

Also I'd like to find a source for barley grain

Thanks

I think Boonrawd Brewery used to grow barley in the north, not sure if they still do. There are farmers around my way (Khon Kaen) who grow pangola grass but I am not sure if they make hay from it or just sell it fresh and in any case being so bulky it would be expensive to truck all the way to the south. I think it would be much cheaper to get somebody local to grow it for you.

Edited by JungleBiker

Thanks for the reply Yes growing it nearby woud be ideal , unfortunately I need it sooner than that.

Could you get a phone number for a farmer near you on the Pangola hay ?

I can have a Thai call, please don't mention it's for a foreigner as the price triples..

Thanks

Hi HorseDoctor,

Sorry I am in Laos at present. Please try calling the Khon Kaen Animal Nutrition Research and Development Center 043-261-087 or the equivalent center in neighbouring Mahasarakham 043-781-322. I am sure one of them can put you in touch with a supplier if anyone is producing pangola hay.

Good luck and best regards,

JB.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the reply Yes growing it nearby woud be ideal , unfortunately I need it sooner than that.

Could you get a phone number for a farmer near you on the Pangola hay ?

I can have a Thai call, please don't mention it's for a foreigner as the price triples..

Thanks

Hi HorseDoctor,

Sorry I am in Laos at present. Please try calling the Khon Kaen Animal Nutrition Research and Development Center 043-261-087 or the equivalent center in neighbouring Mahasarakham 043-781-322. I am sure one of them can put you in touch with a supplier if anyone is producing pangola hay.

Good luck and best regards,

JB.

Yes indeed , many thanks JB .. a call to these folks this confirms that I'm being overcharged by about 100 baht a bale.