Just A Quick One...

PompeyMatt

From the forum rules.

"Do not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or any attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants. The word, or its derivative, "trolling", is used to describe such messages or the act of posting them."

Thanks, Hanno. See my recent post on the Korat bus crash. I am becoming very tired of 'trollers' and will soon unsubscribe to TV unless the bulk of contributors take more responsibility for the content of their postings. Many times I find myself ashamed of what members say here. They do, of course, have every right to say it, but with every freedom there comes a responsibility.

Edited by DNPBC0

Thanks, Hanno. See my recent post on the Korat bus crash. I am becoming very tired of 'trollers' and will soon unsubscribe to TV unless the bulk of contributors take more responsibility for the content of their postings. Many times I find myself ashamed of what members say here. They do, of course, have every right to say it, but with every freedom there comes a responsibility.

...so long as "responsibility" fits your worldview...

...so long as "responsibility" fits your worldview...

So, what's your "world view" of responsibility?

It is sad that these sorts of things happen, and I feel for someone's loss.

At the same time, I am not going to lie awake tonight thinking about the people that died in that bus crash.

Or worrying that someone joked about it.

If you can honestly state that you have never laughed at the misfortune of others, you are a better man than I.

So far, nobody has come forward to say that they lost a friend or relative on that bus. If someone reads this who has done so, you have my sympathies.

I am not going to offer my sympathies to the general audience as a way to make my self "feel" better...doesn't work that way.

It is sad that these sorts of things happen, and I feel for someone's loss.

At the same time, I am not going to lie awake tonight thinking about the people that died in that bus crash.

Or worrying that someone joked about it.

If you can honestly state that you have never laughed at the misfortune of others, you are a better man than I.

So far, nobody has come forward to say that they lost a friend or relative on that bus. If someone reads this who has done so, you have my sympathies.

I am not going to offer my sympathies to the general audience as a way to make my self "feel" better...doesn't work that way.

So be it. I for one can say that I have never laughed at the misfortune of others who have lost their their lives or the relatives who have lost the lives of family or friends. It is not a case of "feeling better", it is simple whether or not you feel compassion. You understand that or you do no - just a difference, not a posture.