Megabreak Or Megarude

pachooon

Davethailand---

Face it!  It’s not about what this guy lacks in height (not even relevant to this thread), but what you undoubtedly lack in business acumen.  You’re simply a jealous clod.  You can’t accept the fact that this short (your description), American guy owns a large franchise, substantially capitalized and growing larger every year.  It’s comparable to the big, stupid kid in high school who is jealous of the bright kid getting straight “A’s”---the big moron starts picking on the kid—his height, his cloths, etc.

Suggestion—stop looking for the “balloons” in front of beer bars in Pattaya where you can get all the free food you couldn’t afford to purchase at Foodland, save the 49Baht you have to fork-out to get the food and maybe---JUST MAYBE—you can someday in the far-off future afford to purchase a franchise with a provocative name like “Crazy Dave’s” or :”Lummox Bar”. I would suggest the latter in your case—far more appropriate for a budding entrepreneur such as yourself.

:D

Well what can I say :o

You've certainly got me completely sussed out have'nt you, how did you find out all these sorded details about me?

I gather by your response, you are a short arsed git (sorry Chon etc) otherwise you would'nt have spat your dummy put over my comments, which BTW were a joke. :D

Do you drink in Crazy Daves and places like that?

I would like to but I fear I've been spotted coz as you rightly say I'm only seen in the bars where I can get a free dinner, and one by one they're barring me. :D

Tonight as luck would have it theres a place in soi lucky star (a bit out of my price range but nevertheless worth a try) that is having a Loy Krathong party and they have draught beer until 10pm at only 30bht :D AND a free buffet :D Waheyyy.

Cheap beer and free food.

Pop in for a beer and i'll stick an extra 10 bht on each beer you buy so i can afford to shop in Foodland. :D:D

Ps, I hope you next siht is a hedgehog :D:D

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spoken 2 the guyz in ball in hand and megabreak pattaya, they just didnt get on to cut a long story short.. Accordin 2 Dan the megabreak brand is his, and when he ended business with the bangkok megabreak he made them change name to ball in hand, dont think it was anything 2 do with the young guy henni, was the older guy with limp VS dan by the sound of it :o

I dont take much of what people say in this country as gospel..

Will never forget the old git I once saw at bangkok bank on 2nd road in pattaya, started giving the young girl ###### behind the counter for asking him for his passport as extra ID 2 go with his book when he was trying to withdraw B20k... Was close to crackin him, he shut up just before I lost my temper tho.. Obviously, the story his friends will have got that evening will have been a lot different

QUOTE(Bel Mondo @ 2004-11-26 15:01:08)

Davethailand---

Face it!  It’s not about what this guy lacks in height (not even relevant to this thread), but what you undoubtedly lack in business acumen.  You’re simply a jealous clod.  You can’t accept the fact that this short (your description), American guy owns a large franchise, substantially capitalized and growing larger every year.  It’s comparable to the big, stupid kid in high school who is jealous of the bright kid getting straight “A’s”---the big moron starts picking on the kid—his height, his cloths, etc.

Suggestion—stop looking for the “balloons” in front of beer bars in Pattaya where you can get all the free food you couldn’t afford to purchase at Foodland, save the 49Baht you have to fork-out to get the food and maybe---JUST MAYBE—you can someday in the far-off future afford to purchase a franchise with a provocative name like “Crazy Dave’s” or :”Lummox Bar”. I would suggest the latter in your case—far more appropriate for a budding entrepreneur such as yourself.

Well what can I say 

You've certainly got me completely sussed out have'nt you, how did you find out all these sorded details about me?

I gather by your response, you are a short arsed git (sorry Chon etc) otherwise you would'nt have spat your dummy put over my comments, which BTW were a joke. 

I would like to but I fear I've been spotted coz as you rightly say I'm only seen in the bars where I can get a free dinner, and one by one they're barring me. 

Tonight as luck would have it theres a place in soi lucky star (a bit out of my price range but nevertheless worth a try) that is having a Loy Krathong party and they have draught beer until 10pm at only 30bht  AND a free buffet  Waheyyy.

Pop in for a beer and i'll stick an extra 10 bht on each beer you buy so i can afford to shop in Foodland. 

Ps, I hope you next siht is a hedgehog 

I have heard on the grapevine, that davethailand gets free drinks at the Blues Factory all the time :o

hmmmmmm, whats wrong with Crazy Daves????

QUOTE(Bel Mondo @ 2004-11-26 15:01:08)

Davethailand---

Well what can I say 

I gather by your response, you are a short arsed git (sorry Chon etc) otherwise you would'nt have spat your dummy put over my comments, which BTW were a joke. 

I would like to but I fear I've been spotted coz as you rightly say I'm only seen in the bars where I can get a free dinner, and one by one they're barring me. 

Tonight as luck would have it theres a place in soi lucky star (a bit out of my price range but nevertheless worth a try) that is having a Loy Krathong party and they have draught beer until 10pm at only 30bht  AND a free buffet  Waheyyy.

Pop in for a beer and i'll stick an extra 10 bht on each beer you buy so i can afford to shop in Foodland. 

Ps, I hope you next siht is a hedgehog 

I have heard on the grapevine, that davethailand gets free drinks at the Blues Factory all the time :o

hmmmmmm, whats wrong with Crazy Daves????

hmmmm, whats wrong with Crazy Daves????

Sorry Dave should'nt have worded it like that,

absolutley nothing at all :D

I'm still trying to figure out who this Bel Mondo person is?

Will never forget the old git I once saw at bangkok bank on 2nd road in pattaya, started giving the young girl ###### behind the counter for asking him for his passport as extra ID 2 go with his book when he was trying to withdraw B20k... Was close to crackin him, he shut up just before I lost my temper tho.. Obviously, the story his friends will have got that evening will have been a lot different

Sorry, I don't believe you!

I don't take much of what people say in this country as gospel.....................

Sorry, I don't believe you!

I don't take much of what people say in this country as gospel.....................

Well thats up 2 you, your mates must find u a real interesting guy to be around.

I aint some middle aged tw@t that has to make storys up 4 people 2 listen 2 me :o

Thread was lost if someone is short or tall??

I was there that night playing and witnessed it all.

Only have one comment - does not matter how well you are doin economically or how many companies you own... Remember, don't cut the hand that feeds you.

EDH

Shorty or not! :o Money or not! :D

What does it matter.

The main thing is never to treat customers like crap.

I haven´t been to a bar or other place where the manager denies the customers to choose music!

He was playing his music for hours...and hours.

Bad day or not...BEHAVE GOOD DAVE....

Do GOOD recive GOOD....

Remember that even his staff is scared of him..

The guy lost a lot of good customers that day and he is still losing customers because of his lack of attitude.

I can assure you that the staff not were scared of us - usually very good tip and cheerful bunch of guys.

They were scared to even notifying the manager about our complaints which I think is frightening. If I would be a manager of an establishment I would certinly want my staff to inform me if something was to be wrong. Wouldn't you?

EDH Pattaya

It will be interesting to see how this business will perform during the low season if this attitude continues towards the local customers... I just hope that someone give them some competition since there appears to be a market for this type of business in Pattaya

• 4 weeks later...

isn't this place mainly for locals??

it's off the walking street/beach road area which is usually the tourist haunt, unless u see the ad on telly or have it recommended i don't know that a lot of tourist would find it, thai's will not pay the megabreak prices so i guess this place pretty much depends on the expat usage

i played there and thought the tables were excellent, the music wasn't loud enough so that i couldn't have a conversation or had to shout to be heard-makes me wonder why it was so loud for you?????

most owners/managers set the standards for the other staff, so if the music was fine when the manager wasn't in i would assume it'd be ok when he was in??

I've been going to Megabreak for a few months now,and enjoy it every time I go. My parents were here over Chrimbo and the old man had me in there virtually every day,normaly for at least 3 hours.

For people who want to have a game of pool on a good table it's definately the place to go.

Sometimes the music gets on my tits but most of the time it's very good.I've never been anywhere and liked every track that was played.

I speak to Dan the owner whenever I see him and have always found him good to talk too.

He even gave me a very good discount on a pool cue that I bought the old man as a pressie, so in my book that makes him a good fella :D

Oh I nearly forgot,those sexy markies who rack your balls up really do it for me :o:D

I've been going to Megabreak for a few months now,and enjoy it every time I go. My parents were here over Chrimbo and the old man had me in there virtually every day,normaly for at least 3 hours.

For people who want to have a game of pool on a good table it's definately the place to go.

Sometimes the music gets on my tits but most of the time it's very good.I've never been anywhere and liked every track that was played.

I speak to Dan the owner whenever I see him and have always found him good to talk too.

He even gave me a very good discount on a pool cue that I bought the old man as a pressie, so in my book that makes him a good fella  :D

Oh I nearly forgot,those sexy markies who rack your balls up really do it for me  :D  :D

Apart from the one in black on the advert :o

My gf worked there for a while. Her friends there are an attractive group of pleasant young women. They did not like the owner like many others including my friends who have been there.

When three of the workers left a month ago, the owner did not immediately pay them all of their dues. They received their salary on time, but had to return another time for their drink tips, and overtime pay. He liked putting off paying them all of their deserved income.

In October, he let 9 girls go he did not pay them their dues. Now, they have spoken to the government representative - Grome Laeng Ngan sent a letter to Dan - the owner, telling him that he must pay them their salaries.

So, for those of you who consider him a pratt, I agree.

...When three of the workers left a month ago, the owner did not immediately pay them all of their dues.  They received their salary on time, but had to return another time for their drink tips, and overtime pay.  ....

When I quit my job in England, I got my salary on time too, but I didn't get my "Holiday pay" or "On-call pay" for a month and a half, because it had to be calculated.

As these girls left in the middle of the month, near the 22nd, they received 22/30 of the monthly salary paid on their leave day - which was the right thing to do. But, they did not receive their drink and overtime money until the first of the next month. There is no reason that they could not be paid in full on the following day.

There is no contract nor any written policies that the girls are given prior to employment. He does things as he chooses, and in this case, I believe that he did not act in an honorable fashion - in fact, he acted as if he was a Thai owner holding on to every cent as long as he possibly could.

And, if you are interested, I have employed people here, and I always pay them on time with bonuses and every other possible addition that anyone could imagine.

...When three of the workers left a month ago, the owner did not immediately pay them all of their dues.  They received their salary on time, but had to return another time for their drink tips, and overtime pay.  ....

When I quit my job in England, I got my salary on time too, but I didn't get my "Holiday pay" or "On-call pay" for a month and a half, because it had to be calculated.

When I left my last job I was paid in full, wages overtime, termination bonus, unused vacation and on-call, two weeks before I finished work. It also had to be calculated, but it wasn't rocket science...