Dog Walking

jimmybkk

Can anyone recommend somewhere to take a dog for a walk/run where you probably won't be bothered by the local soi dogs? Any fields, secluded beaches etc. that anyone can recommend?

I'm fed up with taking my dog for a walk and always having to deal with these soi dogs. He almost pulls my arm out of its socket when he's on the lead and a group of them come near him. He only wants to play with them but he's quite big and they take it the wrong way and think he's looking for a scrap, so it usually ends up in one.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

If you've got wheels take it out to Phoenix Golf Course and have a walk around the roads and cart paths there.

Or around the exercise park on Pratumnak Hill and get a bit of a run out yourself?

Or Wat Yang.

Thanks for the suggestion - I'm guessing you don't get chased off by the parkies/greenkeepers there then?

i take mine to jomtien beach every day for the last couple of years. he is large and will play or fight, up to them. when i first took him i used sticks to try and keep the soi dogs from attacking for the first month, they never stopped attacking. i learned my lesson and let him have at them at a few spots on the 2 kilometer walk. that was 2 years ago and not one has attacked him since [ only a pit bull that he used to play with on the beach until the pit bull decided to give it a go with a quick change of heart]. if you dont let your dog show them who is boss they will never stop attacking as long as he will win. they somehow have a network or ESP cause he only had to beat one up every few blocks and the rest seemed to realize it. now it has been a pleasant walk without problems for the last two years

good luck

Can anyone recommend somewhere to take a dog for a walk/run where you probably won't be bothered by the local soi dogs? Any fields, secluded beaches etc. that anyone can recommend?

I'm fed up with taking my dog for a walk and always having to deal with these soi dogs. He almost pulls my arm out of its socket when he's on the lead and a group of them come near him. He only wants to play with them but he's quite big and they take it the wrong way and think he's looking for a scrap, so it usually ends up in one.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

In my garden? :D No soi dogs allowed! :o