Bangkok Pubs - All Smoke-free Or Just Some?

sking_is_leaving

To the OP

No there should not be any Bangkok pubs offering indoor smoking. Thai law forbids it.

To everyone else. Thanks for the entertainment. I get bored sitting around the apartment. I really enjoy provoking discussion on controversial topics.

Darn I am ending up like JingThing???? I'd better not post for a while.... :D Maybe not, I like reading and making posts on TV :o

No, because you obviously recognize that others have the right to an opinion and if it differs from yours you don't call them stupid.

No, because you obviously recognize that others have the right to an opinion and if it differs from yours you don't call them stupid.

Please find the line where I call anybody stupid, PLEASE???

When it comes to emotional subjects, like, I don't know, smoking, people can not be objective. They can only see it from their emotional standpoint. It makes them feel better that they maybe helping some poor stupid smoker quit.... No thank you we don't need it. Do you think that smokers saw the warnings and exclaimed: Holy Shit! Smoking's bad, I thought cigarettes were good for ya, and they have like vitamins and stuff! To quote Denis Leary

Where in that post did I call any of the other posters stupid? Maybe you are just seeing what you want to see. And yes everybody does have the right to my opinion.. :o

And like I said before. I don't go to bars. I don't smoke when I eat. As a matter of fact, being that I am visiting Penang right now I was surprised when the concierge asked "Smoking or Non-Smoking" when me and the Mrs. went to eat. I said Non-Smoking and that's exactly what I got. They didn't have to pass a law. The business has smoking and non-smoking customers and they are given the freedom to choose. Since when was freedom bad?

Edited by gunnyd

When it comes to emotional subjects, like, I don't know, smoking, people can not be objective. They can only see it from their emotional standpoint. It makes them feel better that they maybe helping some poor stupid smoker quit.... No thank you we don't need it. Do you think that smokers saw the warnings and exclaimed: Holy Shit! Smoking's bad, I thought cigarettes were good for ya, and they have like vitamins and stuff! To quote Denis Leary

Where in that post did I call any of the other posters stupid? Maybe you are just seeing what you want to see. And yes everybody does have the right to my opinion.. :o

And like I said before. I don't go to bars. I don't smoke when I eat. As a matter of fact, being that I am visiting Penang right now I was surprised when the concierge asked "Smoking or Non-Smoking" when me and the Mrs. went to eat. I said Non-Smoking and that's exactly what I got. They didn't have to pass a law. The business has smoking and non-smoking customers and they are given the freedom to choose. Since when was freedom bad?

Dont' go there Gunny, the non-smoking brigade will roll out "freedom to eat or go to a bar without inhaling your second hand smoke". Funny though (Not) that they usually exclaim this while they are sitting in their SUV's in Bangkok's traffic inhaling 100 x more hazardous chemicals than they ever would in a non smoking section of a restaurant.

They can choose to not go into a smoke filled bar, but somehow I can't choose to avoid the air pollution caused by their stinky cars and trucks everyday when I go to work or dare open the window of my condo. How dare they!! :D

Dont' go there Gunny, the non-smoking brigade will roll out "freedom to eat or go to a bar without inhaling your second hand smoke". Funny though (Not) that they usually exclaim this while they are sitting in their SUV's in Bangkok's traffic inhaling 100 x more hazardous chemicals than they ever would in a non smoking section of a restaurant.

They can choose to not go into a smoke filled bar, but somehow I can't choose to avoid the air pollution caused by their stinky cars and trucks everyday when I go to work or dare open the window of my condo. How dare they!! :D

Oh no there are at least 2 members of TV that are idiot smokers!!! :D