90 Day Reporting And Visa Runs

Hi,

I am a British male of 66 years of age. I have a 1 year Multiple Entry Category "O" Visa. I have recently married a Thai Lady. When my Visa becomes due for renewal in March 2009 I can either apply for an extension based on Marriage or on Retirement I understand. The extension based on Retirment "appears" simpler than that based on Marriage from what I have read on TV.

My question is:

When I get the extension on my Visa from either of the routes mentioned above will I have to (1) continue to do 90 day Visa runs and (2) 90 day Notification of address (to the police here in Singburi) as at present or only (2).

Sorry if this question has already been answered elsewhere.

Thanks

Hi,

I am a British male of 66 years of age. I have a 1 year Multiple Entry Category "O" Visa. I have recently married a Thai Lady. When my Visa becomes due for renewal in March 2009 I can either apply for an extension based on Marriage or on Retirement I understand. The extension based on Retirment "appears" simpler than that based on Marriage from what I have read on TV.

My question is:

When I get the extension on my Visa from either of the routes mentioned above will I have to (1) continue to do 90 day Visa runs and (2) 90 day Notification of address (to the police here in Singburi) as at present or only (2).

Sorry if this question has already been answered elsewhere.

Thanks

There will be no more Visa Runs but you will have to report your address to Immigration every 90 days.

Note . When you come to extend next March they will try to push you into the Retirement option as it is easier for them.

Apply about 3 weeks before you current stay expires.

If you get an extension of stay you don't need to leave the country every 90 days and do a visa run. You can just stay in the country until your permission of stay stamp expires. However if you want to leave the country you now would have to apply for a re-entry permit. If you leave the country without a re-entry permit your permission to stay expires.

You would have to do 90 day reporting to the immigration police, you can also do this by mail. But check, as some immigration offices don't allow you to do this.