Post Natal Depression

mekka

My wife seems to be suffering Post Natal Depression and its quite bad, i need a good reccomendation for a Dr in Phuket...i just dot knwo where to start, it seems post natal depression is an unknown illness in thailand, they dont even know what it is..so im wondering how im going to find a Dr that can treat her...any help would be greatly appreciated...and sooner the better for both our sakes!

the best obgyn i found in phuket was a Dr Kitti at Mission Hospital. he is young and sympathetic. worth a shot.

Dr Kitti was actually our Dr during the pregnancy, i ws quite happy with him he seemed pretty knowledgable, so you think its worth a shot to go see him again?

the best obgyn i found in phuket was a Dr Kitti at Mission Hospital. he is young and sympathetic. worth a shot.

Dr Kitti was actually our Dr during the pregnancy, i ws quite happy with him he seemed pretty knowledgable, so you think its worth a shot to go see him again?

yes, i would give him a shot. you have nothing to lose, and i am sure that he would be knowledgeable on the condition.

Wouldn't an OBS/GYN be more the person to see for pre-natal and birth stuff....

I thought a psychiatrist would be what you wanted.. After all it is a mood disorder, not a vaginal disorder.

that may be the case, nicholasmerwood, but dr kitti has probably encountered this situation before and if he is unable to treat it, he will be able to recommend a doctor who has experience in this area.