Who Wants To Run A Restaurant On The Beach?

womble

A friend of mine runs a bar on the beach in Chaweng they want to start doing food but don't want the hassle of doing it themselves so they are looking for someone to come and take care of that side of things.

Food can be Thai/Farang, seafood etc, they are pretty open to suggestions.

If anyone is interested or wants to know more please PM me.

The person will not be an employee but rather running a seperate business side by side.

A friend of mine runs a bar on the beach in Chaweng they want to start doing food but don't want the hassle of doing it themselves so they are looking for someone to come and take care of that side of things.

The person will not be an employee but rather running a seperate business side by side.

Good idea. what your friend needs is a kind of small catering company with top quality food.....sushi springs to mind; not done yet probably on the beach. Cooperate with one of the few Japanese joints ?

Food could be prepared elsewhere and brought -cooled- to the beach

LaoPo

Not a bad idea actually as they sit on the floor to eat, instead of the floor you can sit on the sand with one of those low japanesse tables.

Chinese might also be an idea, there is no chinese on the beach that I know of. Peking Duck, Lemon Chicken, hot and sour soup, Mmmmmmm

All I say is be VERY careful. It sounds like a type of partnership arrangement, and going into partnership here in Thailand with people you don't know is a recipe for disaster. One little glitch and your gone.

Then there's the point that if things begin to boom and the hard work is done the owner will invarably move the goal posts and want a bigger slice of action or boot the operator out for a cheaper option.

Before committing I'd suggest sitting down and talking to some of the long time bar owners to find out some of the challenges and how best to proceed.

Hope it works out.

Sorry, but if they don't want the hassle it basically means there is no money to be made. Coz if there would, I am sure your friend would do it by himself. Having said that, not the best time to start a new business anyway at present.

.....edit.... the hard work is done the owner will invarably move the goal posts and want a bigger slice of action or boot the operator out for a cheaper option.

Before committing I'd suggest sitting down and talking to some of the long time bar owners to find out some of the challenges and how best to proceed.

Hope it works out.

CONTRACT - is the magic answer or the remedy!

take it from here... yep next is McDonalds does make home deliveries, so does Pizza Company and Lotus sells ready made and packed Sushi, so does Centara's Hagi, or The Deli, plenty 'a choices!

Edited by Samuian

Sorry, but if they don't want the hassle it basically means there is no money to be made. Coz if there would, I am sure your friend would do it by himself. Having said that, not the best time to start a new business anyway at present.

It's more a case of having their hands full with the bar, the idea is someone comes and does the food, preperation, service, washing up etc without the need to take on extra staff or train up staff and also buy all the stock everyday. The benefit for them is they can sell more drinks as the person selling food can only sell food. The bar supplies the drinks, hopefully it will bring in customers who wouldn't normally sit down just for a drink, they may even stay after the meal for a few more drinks. It's a great location on the beach in chaweng so it's quite possible to make good $, investment is next to nothing as you only need to buy stock. The food is served at the tables already on the beach.

..... it's quite possible to make good $, investment is next to nothing as you only need to buy stock. The food is served at the tables already on the beach.

How many tables?

how many chairs?

how many customers? (estimate)

restaurant/food stall license?

Menu?

kitchen?

sink?

hardware?

crockery?

fridge?

freezer?

staff?

company?

contract?

work permit?

b-visa?

The outdoor catering is very simple.

Once they have decided what kind of food they want to sell and with which caterer they're going to do business, it has to be determined, depending on the season, how much food is to be supplied (frozen or cooled)every day. But...selling NO is no option (running out of food); the caterer must always be prepared to jump in and deliver fast when sales are high.

The paying/selling itself has to be done through the cash register of the beachsite owner; every evening both parties sit together and the beach owner takes his -pre-arranged- cut.

Everybody happy.

LaoPo

• 2 weeks later...

Ah so with other words, a lazy farang with enough cash to get a bar at chaweng. Thats not cheap lets face it i got a shop and control over 6 houses in Lamai. So i can say its not cheap AT ALL even in Chaweng to have...

If there open for suggestions, close the joint sell it. Nobody will work there, certainly NOT a european for just 5 to 10000baht a month or he/she must be desperate. Put a thai in there and well you know its gonna be f#cked up in notime.

Sell..get the cash...dont ever consider a business again iff youre to lazy to run one! imho!

Ah so with other words, a lazy farang with enough cash to get a bar at chaweng. Thats not cheap lets face it i got a shop and control over 6 houses in Lamai. So i can say its not cheap AT ALL even in Chaweng to have...

If there open for suggestions, close the joint sell it. Nobody will work there, certainly NOT a european for just 5 to 10000baht a month or he/she must be desperate. Put a thai in there and well you know its gonna be f#cked up in notime.

Sell..get the cash...dont ever consider a business again iff youre to lazy to run one! imho!

Far too fishy for anyone with a brain. I still believe that anyone who believes he/she can make money would do it him/herself.

Trust me, I know what I am talking about. :o

Far too fishy for anyone with a brain. I still believe that anyone who believes he/she can make money would do it him/herself.

Trust me, I know what I am talking about. :o

Same here, and the fun part run a own company side by side, so whats the catch here? Youre lazy friend is not willing to pay for the workingpermit needed thats point one. He wants someone thats runs a own compay side by side, so what was he planning to pay the one thats gonna do this supposely?

And i agree with this posting, making cash in thailand is allready a hard job unless you like some farangs i know (that own like 2 restaurants that lay on there ass now low season) but the have enough cash from there country coming, in to survive it all. Thats what i DON' T call a business but a hobby!

So whats the deal, suppose that someone say ok i open up a company and run it side by side, that means that person is investing. Because yah offcourse youre friend wants a he or she that opens up a company. This way he doesnt have to pay for the workingpermit...

Whats the salary? As i said under a 10000baht you can forget that, or there has to be someone (example given) that has chanode land title and so a dorment company. The may run bars,hotels,sell/buy land/ ectra. But i doubt if you will find someone with that kind of papers that is still willing to get a workingpermit for this.

I wish you the best of luck, and i stay with my opinion. Why even begin a business while you know youre to lazy to even do something with it yourself.

I have a internetshop, that now starts (weird i know low season ahah) to run a bit were making name true others. And today we start on 6 houses that we rent out (3 are allready spoken for) . No wont get rich from it, but yes its a living with as less as possible. I work my ass off to get it done, i really hope that youre friend knows what he is doing.

Per day bars, and grill/restaurants emerge out of nothing in thailand. The competition is hard, and its totally not easy to come in between all that. Unless you have a somewhat unique thing that defines you as for what you do. So i really hope without the wisecrack remarks, that youre friend will have a blooming business in no time.

Some guy here said its bad time to start a business...i disagree totally on that one. Once high season hits Thailand, youre business will be ready and operational. The kiddy deceases are out of it for a big part, i found it more dumb to start when high season hits you in the face, this way you loose valuable time and Bahts that will not be paid. Because half youre bar is still not stocked (just a example)

Just make sure that you can survive these months, and overthink the situation, look further then youre nose is long. Because its not easy and you will see youre bankaccount drain mayorly before something will get back into it.

Goodluck regards,bonjouro,aufwiedersien,Sawadee khap,tot ziens Michel :D

was actually more looking for someone more into something short term perhaps for someones gf or gf's mother to do simple thai food. Not a 5* chef who can earn 100's k each month. I doubt you'd make more than 20k per month profit anyway, unless you have a really good idea,so it's more aimed at Thai's although I didn't make it clear in my first post. For someone who is succesful you could potentially earn much more............

Some of the theorys you guys come out with are funny, there's nothing sinister, simply a small bar that wants someone to do simple food. There is the choice of employing a thai on a salary or finding someone who wants to do it themselves thus taking the stress of the owner who only wants to worry about the bar.

The fact is it's short term, the bar won't be there long so no need to build fancy kitchens or worry about bringing in full time staff. Thats why someone shorterm to do something simple was the idea.

Get it?