13 Yr. Old Problem Child

tweezer

It's going well so far...

His mom is his shadow now, taking him to school everyday. She is even taking him into the classes and sitting with him IN THE CLASS to make sure he's doing what he's supposed to be doing. The teachers love it. He hates it, of course, so he's starting to understand that if we can trust him to do it on his own, it won't be necessary.

We've further incentivized him with a cash reward program. Grades are on a scale 0 to 4. For evey 4 he gets, he'll earn 2000 baht. For 3, 1000. For a 2, 500 and for a 1, 50. But if he get's a 0 (fail,) then he gets -2000 baht from any winnings he's accumulated. If he gets 8 4's, I would HAPPILY pay him.

So things seem to be improving for the meantime.

Hope it keeps going well!!!

--T.

"good child rearing should start at 13 mon ths not 13 years of age "

Exactly. The hardest part of babysitting is trying to make it look like an accident.

This child is a product of the really mother and father. Sorry to say this child will probably be like most Thais. I dont think you can do anything but give money. That what the Thai child looks at a Farang.

"good child rearing should start at 13 mon ths not 13 years of age "

Exactly. The hardest part of babysitting is trying to make it look like an accident.

This child is a product of the really mother and father. Sorry to say this child will probably be like most Thais. I dont think you can do anything but give money. That what the Thai child looks at a Farang.

"Probably be like most Thais"? What a narrow <deleted> comment. BTW, are you "stephaniee" husband? Sounds like the same trailer park trash talk to me. :o