Visa: Non- O/rs/ex

hi all,

i am married to a Thai, and i will be employed in a university as an expert.

What, in your experience and knowledge, should be the non-Immi visa i should go for?

I believe i could go for the Expert, the Research, or the marriage, but do not know of any drawbacks that could possibly be there (potential problems with residency, extensions, convertion from one to the other if between jobs etc)

thanks a lot

costas

If you are legally married? you can apply for the Non Imm O visa based on your marriage.

This also allows you to work, subject to a work permit.

Extension for a full year requires 400K in the bank or proof of an income of 40K per month.

The University should be providing information as they are likely to only be expert in one direction and doing something else may throw them (if they take care of extension paperwork). You can always change from one non-immigrant visa class to another later if the need arises. You can also ask immigration inside Thailand later for their opinion on what basis to make your extension of stay.

So is the employment or marriage going to last longer. :o:D

Thanks,

i know i can apply for any of those , but i would not want to throw the Uni out of their ways, providing of course that i can change if the need arises

:D Divorce is not what i had in mind, rather a possible change to a more profitable carreer without compromising possibilities of gettin PR later on.

thanks again

costas :o