Jet Airways

seasider

Having difficulty getting the exact dates i want with my normal preferred airlines of choice. For the date(s) i want Jet Airways has availability and at a very decent price,with short transit time in Mumbai.

Firstly, has anyone flown with them, if so,what are they like?

Secondly, does Mumbai have a good duty free shop (need my Benson & Hedges cigs when in Thailand) with good prices and selection ?

Jet Airways come in 3/4 different flavors.

1. Jet Airways from Australia

2. Jet Airways from Singapore (very good, much better than AirAsia)

3. Jet Airways from India (very crap, never use it again)

Not sure about duty free shop, but seems like cigs are cheaper in Pakistan and India as compare to any other country in Asia. AFAIK. :o

Not sure about duty free shop, but seems like cigs are cheaper in Pakistan and India as compare to any other country in Asia. AFAIK. :o

Jet, not Jetstar....

You can read about them here: http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/jet.htm

• 3 months later...

Jet airways is the best airline in India (I heard). Flights from BKK are all in the newer narrow body 737 with TV screens for all classes.

My wife flew them once lat November, and it is OK. However they change last minute (without telling us) the domestic connection to a Jet Lite, which is their low cost airline. At the connecting airport, they provide her a credit note for use for future booking, which is not transferable, and needless to say, we just toss it into the bin.

Bags don't check through on the outward journey which is understand able, as it have to go through customs. However, they also refuse to check through bags on the return journey, which I find it unresonable.

Don't forget you can collect miles. She put in into her NorthWest program.

Edited by samgrowth

I worked in India for 2 years and regularly flew Jet Airways between cities.

Their Indian cabin crew received training then from Lufthansa and so

gave excellent service. I cannot see how or why their standards would have

fallen?

Hello all,

I am flying out with this company on 31st Jan landing Mumbai and then departing 1 hour later to Thailand. I have done this route before and found it ok. No lost luggage, duty free shop limited but ok you will be able to get your B&H.

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

The service is very good. If you get a plane with PTVs then the content is very good. The planes themselves flying to Thailand are too cramped in Economy, same as the domestic planes. I understand they are using better planes for some of the more expensive markets like Singapore and London.

I've got gold status with Jet Airways. I fly them quite often on domestic flights in India. I'm 6' and unless I get an exit row I can't comfortably sit with my legs straight as the thigh bone is too long. I've done the Thailand-India trip twice with Jet. After the first time I said never again. The second time was to save a few hundred dollars. I'll gladly suffer the small quarters for a 2 hours domestic flight but for flying all the way to Bangkok I'll continue to do everything I can to avoid it.

If I were flying Business then I'd have no qualms. Comfortable seats and excellent service.

The photo is Kingfisher crew. Jet Airways is ok and their planes between India and the UK are new and well equipped. The B737's they use to BKK are indeed a bit cramped in Y/C. Mumbai is a dump but do-able.

Kingfisher will soon ( within the next 1-2 months) start flying between BKK and India with A320's. I think BLR, CCU and BOM are planned. They are better than Jet domestically but have yet to prove themselves internationally.

We flew LHR-Mumbai- Bkk return last July. The airline was good, excellent cabin crew, good food, seatback TV, on time, very happy. The experience was ruined by the stopover in Mumbai. Ok they're doing building work there but a long long walk to the terminal and back to the plane, rubbish and rude immigration, nowhere near enough seating, only an icecream shop open and a coke machine, both only took rupees, thankfully only very short stopovers.