Hotel Cleaner Jumps To Her Death In North Pattaya

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya One News: September 11th 2008

Hotel Cleaner jumps to her death in North Pattaya.

Early on Friday Morning, Police Major Sureeya from Pattaya Police Station was called to the Markland Hotel in Soi 1 off Pattaya Beach Road to investigate reports of a suicide.

At the base of the building, Police inspected the body of Khun Amornrat aged 20, who was employed as a cleaner at the Hotel.

A co-worker explained to Police that she had gone to the 27th Floor to clean the Restaurant and Police think she jumped from this high floor due to the state of her body.

The victim’s Sister explained to Police that she had been working at the Markland Hotel for about 6 months and on Thursday Night, she had gone on a date with a Thai Man. She returned to her room at approximately 4am and was in a depressed state according to her Sister who she lived with.

The Mobile phone of the victim was checked and minutes before she jumped, she is known to have called a male employee of the Hotel, who is now being questioned by Police. The case has been recorded as a suicide.

Photograph courtesy of Pattaya One News

Photograph of tall building

post-26634-1221222883_thumb.jpg

Why are there so many jumpers in Pattaya?

Are there any statistics comparing jumpers in other cities?

It seems to be a very high jumping rate. I can't remember hearing about so many jumpers in any other city????

I hope she will RIP. Thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family members who must be feeling very depressed and upset now.

Why are there so many jumpers in Pattaya?

Are there any statistics comparing jumpers in other cities?

It seems to be a very high jumping rate. I can't remember hearing about so many jumpers in any other city????

I hope she will RIP. Thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family members who must be feeling very depressed and upset now.

It's a valid question, but I'm not sure if it's statistically more than anywhere else. I once heard that Pattaya is the last stop for a lot of foreigners who have come to the end of their rope. They've run out of options and somehow wind up there. This particular case doesn't seem to fit that theory. So young. What a shame she had no where else to turn. Do they ever figure out what really happened in cases like this?

The moderator misspelled one word and that makes him/her a moron?

Edited by Shotime

Time to call out the senior abbot and a few of his dek nems for an exorcism :D

No, time for a moratorium on any new construction higher than one level. :o

Step 2: Building code requiring all new landscaping to be constructed from thick bed mattresses....

Despite the attempts at levity above a young woman has died

sad, I hope she now rests in piece

CB

It is with deep regret that I mistakenly wrote "in piece", obviously I meant "in peace"

This was not meant to be a jest and those who thought it worth changing it to a personal attack on me and moderation they have a 7 day break from the forum to think about it.

Crow Boy

Moderating Team

Thai Visa

The victim’s Sister explained to Police that she had been working at the Markland Hotel for about 6 months and on Thursday Night, she had gone on a date with a Thai Man. She returned to her room at approximately 4am and was in a depressed state according to her Sister who she lived with.

it seems something may of happened with the thai man to make her in this state??????? ....................

but the police would not investigate this for sure

may the young girl RIP