Adsl Mabrachan Lake Area

silentnine

Hi all .

i live near mabrachan lake. not far from GiB Minimart and mulligans bar.

down the soi next to the bar then left up a lane and up there. so about 800m from the lake.

i think(?) the houses near me can have phone lines from one of the phone comps in town,

but are we to far from the exchange for adsl.

i'm back in the UK for a few weeks atm , and using normal internet over my normal mobile phone edge connection is making me want to get adsl in my thai home. add to that my son from the UK is coming back to LOS with me and he like playing MMORPG's online. mobile edge has a ping over 2000ms for his games so he will moan like hel_l.

i aksed banglamung cable about 6 months ago and there cables did not at the time go down my soi, also they were not taking new customers for internet,

so .. ADSL .. possible ?

Hi

Where do you live in Mabprachan please?

I am just completing building a house there and would like to have some friends when I am there.

My house has a pool and garden and so if you know of any pool cleaners/gardeners that would also be great.

Any assistnce in fact would be great!!!

Kind regards

Jason

ADSL is possible in the Mabprachan area if you forget tomention how far you are from the exchange, but it is not reliable.

BTV internet changed into super net, then they started their own again. So there are some options there. These are fixed CAT lines to the splitter.

I am sure Monty will chime in with a more comprehensive answer sooner or later.

hi jason

i live here

post-51696-1221332513_thumb.jpg

not from the bend near mulligans bar.

soi pattana 1

i pay my pool guy 1500 baht per month for 3 cleans per week.

Hi

Where do you live in Mabprachan please?

I am just completing building a house there and would like to have some friends when I am there.

My house has a pool and garden and so if you know of any pool cleaners/gardeners that would also be great.

Any assistnce in fact would be great!!!

Kind regards

Jason

Edited by silentnine

I know of 2 DSLAM (ADSL distribution) points around the lake.

The first is the closest to SilentNine's location, and is a Huawei DSLAM owned by TOT.

It's quite a big one mounted on a concrete base right at the entrance of the little soi.. I assume it could support a lot of customers, but not sure where the main cables are leading to. As far as I can see there's two big cables going around the lake in each direction.

post-4701-1221788965_thumb.jpg

The second is a TT&T Dslam, not sure which brand, but it's a small one attached on an electricity pole right at the entrance of the soi before SP village there (when coming from Sukhumvit). Probably a more hi-tech model then what TOT uses.

post-4701-1221789074_thumb.jpg

The second is a TT&T Dslam, not sure which brand, but it's a small one attached on an electricity pole right at the entrance of the soi before SP village there (when coming from Sukhumvit). Probably a more hi-tech model then what TOT uses.

That would mean that in, I think SP Village 3 is the name, it would be easy to get TT&T Maxnet.

Can anyone who live in SP 3 or who know someone can confirm that. How is the speed?

I stay on Kao Pratumnak now and have Maxnet and I am very, very pleased with it. No failures in the last 9 month and very good speed. I use it heavily, nearly 12 hours everyday.

Thanks a lot

Acky

Edited by Acky

That would mean that in, I think SP Village 3 is the name, it would be easy to get TT&T Maxnet.

Can anyone who live in SP 3 or who know someone can confirm that. How is the speed?

I stay on Kao Pratumnak now and have Maxnet and I am very, very pleased with it. No failures in the last 9 month and very good speed. I use it heavily, nearly 12 hours everyday.

Thanks a lot

Acky

Confirmed!

Lots of people in a 3 km radius are hooked up to that DSLAM, including member Raro.

Apparently they did have some major outage recently, but guess it's resolved by now.