Delays In Mail From Uk

WilliamIV

1). Yesterday I received a Letter from UK dated 1st August.

2). The Premium Bond Office in Blackpool tell me by e-mail that

a Prize Warrant was despatched on 22nd August and has not arrived yet.

Normally Mail from UK arrives within a week - including Premium Bond Prizes.

Has anybody experienced such delays lately?

Bill

Bill

I have experienced this and in quite a number of cases my mail has not arrived at all. Cosequently if i have to post or recieve post of any value from the UK i use a carrier UPS etc

Cheers, Rick

Bill

I have experienced this and in quite a number of cases my mail has not arrived at all. Cosequently if i have to post or recieve post of any value from the UK i use a carrier UPS etc

Cheers, Rick

Hi

I had 2 UK tax demands that arrived surprisingly quickly within 10 days of dispatch :o . Anything looking valuable(Birthday cards ect.) would be subject to the possible theft from UK postal agency staff IMHO.

Dave

Edited by Dave the Dude

Bill

Cheers, Rick

Hi

I had 2 UK tax demands that arrived surprisingly quickly within 10 days of dispatch :o . Anything looking valuable(Birthday cards ect.) would be subject to the possible theft from UK postal agency staff IMHO.

Dave

I agree that it is probably at the UK end Dave. There was a case last week where a postman in Scotland had stashed 20K letters that were obviously not delivered.

Cheers, Rick

Bill

Daughter sent a small parcel 2 weeks ago, now still not arrived.

But it does have 2 mobile's inside not the latest model's, but now i think postman pat as some new gifts for his family.

I did ask her to send them parcel force but she sent then normal mail to save money she said.

UPS next time for me.

Shaun

Bill

Cheers, Rick

I have suffered the same, more than 50% not received.I always have important stuff sent from UK by courier too.

I find incoming mail (from the UK and US) very unreliable. Sometimes quick, sometimes late, sometimes never.

Outgoing mail though seems fast. From Samui to UK, Europe, US sometimes 2 days, not express. UK and US though, it arrives there in 2 days, then lies around waiting for delivery up to 10 days, go figure.

I find incoming mail (from the UK and US) very unreliable. Sometimes quick, sometimes late, sometimes never.

Outgoing mail though seems fast. From Samui to UK, Europe, US sometimes 2 days, not express. UK and US though, it arrives there in 2 days, then lies around waiting for delivery up to 10 days, go figure.

Yes same here, i sent a large A4 document to my Mum in UK, it left here, Roi Et Thursday afternoon, Mum had it Monday afternoon, i was gob smacked but great service from EMS. :o

Yes same here, i sent a large A4 document to my Mum in UK, it left here, Roi Et Thursday afternoon, Mum had it Monday afternoon, i was gob smacked but great service from EMS. :o

EMS is generally as good as the big 4 ,UPS etc, that normal ,even recorded post is dangerous,..

Bill

But it does have 2 mobile's inside not the latest model's, but now i think postman pat as some new gifts for his family.

I did ask her to send them parcel force but she sent then normal mail to save money she said.

UPS next time for me.

Shaun

Sorry i need to apolagies to the post office UK, my daughter put the wrong post code on some how, she added an extra zero, its been around Thailand sorting office's i believe, so there you go, its been in more hands than it should have been & i was very lucky & still got it in 1 piece, but i do think its pot luck reading some of the other story's on here.

Regard's Shaun

UPS next time for me.

Shaun

Only problem with this is that goods sent via the commercial carriers seem to always attract customs duties. A couple of years ago my UK secretary sent me a small piece of electrical equipment, several years old, and foolishly put quite a high value on the declaration. It was only a single, unboxed PCB about 6 x 4 inches, but DHL on behalf of customs demanded an extortionate amount to free it. I told them to leave it where it was, and now would always favour ordinary post for lowish-value items.

Bill

Cheers, Rick

Hi

Dave

I agree that it is probably at the UK end Dave. There was a case last week where a postman in Scotland had stashed 20K letters that were obviously not delivered.

Cheers, Rick

If it was at the UK end then why focus on mail from Thailand (or overseas generally?). Most of the post I send or have sent from the UK seldom gets there or here. If the UK postal system was that bad then it would be very quickly noted and remedied. I've never had such poor delivery when sent internally in the UK.

Bill

UPS next time for me.

Shaun

Sorry i need to apolagies to the post office UK, my daughter put the wrong post code on some how, she added an extra zero, its been around Thailand sorting office's i believe, so there you go, its been in more hands than it should have been & i was very lucky & still got it in 1 piece, but i do think its pot luck reading some of the other story's on here.

Regard's Shaun

Dont apologise to the uk post office, not only is the general service con tinually deteriorating since privatisation but I have lost several parcels here in the uk and many cards not deliverd to thailand. This even happens with recorded delivery.

When you contact them they show little interest and offer derisory compensation.

Why why why are they allowed to continue to call themselves "Royal Mail"