Alitalia May Cease Operations

ClaytonSeymour

Useless little airline anyway, from a country that pretends it matters. Arivaderci.

Why so angry about Italy?

What wrong with spaghetti?

Why don't you write the country you are from? Shy??

Arrivederci

Edited by angiud

Useless little airline anyway, from a country that pretends it matters. Arivaderci.

Arrivederci

I think in Europe only France and UK pretend they still matters.

BTW Penne are much better than Spaghetti.

Alitalia was useless anyway, but al least if will stop operating we will not pay taxes to keep the Md80s up. :o

I think that I would be more polite, to the country which invented the Mafia, they may get upset ! :D :D

I would fully agree that, for the necessary consolidation of european national flag-carriers, most of them will need to disappear from the aviation scene. With charter-airlines & LCCs it is a very competitive market over there. :o

I think that I would be more polite, to the country which invented the Mafia, they may get upset ! :D:D

I would fully agree that, for the necessary consolidation of european national flag-carriers, most of them will need to disappear from the aviation scene. With charter-airlines & LCCs it is a very competitive market over there. :o

Don't mind, he's talking only for obtuse nationalism, not for a real analysis. Capisce?

Arrivederci

I meant the country pretends its airline matters - but it doesn't. But now that you mention it...he, he..

The Italian aviation authority have said monday is the last day for any rescue package. The finance minister has ruled out renationalising the airline. On TV yesterday I saw the employees cheering at the news that last attempt had failed. A bit ike the passengers dancing on the Titanic as it sank.

im sure they will get purchased at a discount by some airline

Too late in the day for that...........The unions will have a hel_l of a lot to answer for very shortly

The unions? Berlusconi more like. He had the best offer on the table from Air France/KLM during the run-up to the election but made political capital out of it by sucking up to the unions and playing the 'national pride' card just so he could get their vote. Within days of winning, he calls AF/KLM to see if the offer is still around; it's not of course.

"La Repubblica said Mr Berlusconi's only other possible "Plan B" was a deal with a foreign airline such as Air France-KLM or Lufthansa. However, the major European airlines have all said they are not interested, and Mr Berlusconi was partly responsible for seeing off an earlier takeover bid by Air France-KLM on nationalistic grounds."

So now he blames the unions for making the airline unprofitable and unworkable while he still tries to get some of his fellow obscenely rich businessmen to save the national flag carrier. Sad to see one of the old flag carriers go this way but as the airhostess says at the door as you deplane, "Buh-bye!"

I guess most of italians will be happy (exept the Alitalia employed) if Alitalia will close, because is a 40 years history of overcharge, corruption, astronomical paid CEOs, double employees than any sister airline, low quality service.

But, in the meantime, I remember with a bit of sadness, in the 70's, an old Alitalia with a gorgeous on-board service, new airplanes, pride of a fast-growing, optimistic Italy. But this is history; now Berlusconi rules...

I think that I would be more polite, to the country which invented the Mafia, they may get upset ! :D:D

Don't mind, he's talking only for obtuse nationalism, not for a real analysis. Capisce?

Whatever you say, Don Angiud. :D