Why Do Thais Know So Little About The Geography Of China And India?

annalem

Why do Thais know so little about the geography of China and India, if these countries exerted a strong influence on Thai culture? What percentage of Thai people know a lot about the geography of other countries?

Why do Americans know so little about the geography of Europe, if this continent exerted a strong influence on American (non?)culture? What percentage of American people know a lot about the geography of other countries?

:o

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the point of this discussion? If people are happy in their ignorance who are we to change that!

they do say ignorance is bliss. great. but you will never get far in life with ignorance as a degree. plus ive never met a contented person in thailand have you.

where is "Far in life" and who says its any good. Even if far is great, Near is a very cool place too.

Whats the point of this discussion? If people are happy in their ignorance who are we to change that!

they do say ignorance is bliss. great. but you will never get far in life with ignorance as a degree. plus ive never met a contented person in thailand have you.

where is "Far in life" and who says its any good. Even if far is great, Near is a very cool place too.

Good to see you don't just do pizza :o

(intended as humour only)

Why do Thais know so little about the geography of China and India, if these countries exerted a strong influence on Thai culture? What percentage of Thai people know a lot about the geography of other countries?

Why do Americans know so little about the geography of Europe, if this continent exerted a strong influence on American (non?)culture? What percentage of American people know a lot about the geography of other countries?

:o

Most, not all .... and I'm going to emphasise 'not all' Thais and Americans have a common trait, they have never left their country, whether it be a willingness to leave or an inability to leave, therefore why know about the rest of the world if it doesn't affect you (directly) and you are never going to go there.... waste of time and energy.

Last year my credit card was eaten by an voracious ATM machine at a Bangkok bus station. I rang Master Card International to ask for a replacement. “Helloo, my name’s Barb, howudoin?” “I want to report the loss of my credit card and arrange for temporary replacement as soon as possible, please.” “Hey, thazzbadman. Where are you. darlin?” “I am in Thailand.” “U where?” “Thailand.” “ Which country’s dat in, hun?” “It’s not in any country. It is a country.” “Oh, right. Where’s dat, hun?” “ Thailand is in Asia.” “Tort u wuzin Tayland. Aza, wherz dat?.”