Usa - Visa Requirements

zazaza

My youngest daughter, just turned 18, has been invited by friends to go to Boston, Mass. to spend Christmas with them there. She has dual nationality and two passports [british & Thai].

It used to be that British nationals did not require a visa to visit the USA for periods of less than 3 months but, I'm not sure about current visa requirements, if any, [for a British citizen], as I haven't traveled to the US for more than 10 years now.

Advise please!

My youngest daughter, just turned 18, has been invited by friends to go to Boston, Mass. to spend Christmas with them there. She has dual nationality and two passports [british & Thai].

It used to be that British nationals did not require a visa to visit the USA for periods of less than 3 months but, I'm not sure about current visa requirements, if any, [for a British citizen], as I haven't traveled to the US for more than 10 years now.

Advise please!

This should be no proble, using her British passport she fills in a Visa waiver form on board the aircraft. This has so far not chnaged we are all glad to know!

She'll get electronically fingerprinted when she lands. For her sake I hope she lands anywhere but LAX. Very stressful lineups for foreigners and makes a bad 1st impression. As soon as they find out she's coming in from Thailand, she's most likely going to be grilled. Prepare her for that so she's not spooked. They can be rude with the questioning so she needs to understand that's their job and that she shouldn't get offended or upset.