Question About Dish For Malaysian Astro

hbert

Hi All

I just wonder if there is any sattelite experts out there who can help me find the perfect dish and LNB to receive Malaysian Astro here in Pattaya. I already have the rest of the equipment but would like to know what is the absolutely best dish for above and where to buy it in Pattaya.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Hi All

I just wonder if there is any sattelite experts out there who can help me find the perfect dish and LNB to receive Malaysian Astro here in Pattaya. I already have the rest of the equipment but would like to know what is the absolutely best dish for above and where to buy it in Pattaya.

There are several threads on this forum (searcxh : astro / satellite / dish)

Or post the same question in the communivations / internet / television forum.

I don't think Astro is marketed in Thailand, so you may have problems with legitimate cards for the box.

I have tried the search function but I only comes up with decoder/card related questions and where what companies in Bangkok to use etc.

I am more interested in technical solutions regarding dish size / type and what LNB (type / manufacturer) to use etc. to get the best possible (within reason) Astro signal in Pattaya.

The decoder/card part I am not at all interested in....

And finally if anybody out there could mention one reliable satellite dish installer/ supplier in Pattaya area....

I have tried the search function but I only comes up with decoder/card related questions and where what companies in Bangkok to use etc.

I am more interested in technical solutions regarding dish size / type and what LNB (type / manufacturer) to use etc. to get the best possible (within reason) Astro signal in Pattaya.

The decoder/card part I am not at all interested in....

And finally if anybody out there could mention one reliable satellite dish installer/ supplier in Pattaya area....

There used to be a Mr Kim, but I am in Vietnam and do not have his phone no.

Again - search for Kim in Pattaya and Television fora.

Hi All

I was faced with the same question and I think I have the answer. A friend of mine in BKK who has 12 dishes on his roof told me to get a 1.2 m solid dish. You can get Astro with a smaller one, but from the moment you get rain, your signal is gone. www.9sats was quoted, but they have only 90 cm solid dishes.

I quote my friend: You are missing a lot if you dont get Astro as its better than True but you really need a 1.2 meter solid for that !! Get it from www.sats.co.th. They are located in BKK, so I will buy mine in BKK. If you need one, let me know.

As for the LNB, I think any KU-band LNB would do. I have already bought one from Dynasat for 850 Baht. I live in Don Muang, but recently bought a bungalow in Pattaya, so I now have just the Thaicom 2-5 C-band FTA channels, but as soon as Maxnet moves into our soi, I will go for Astro. Any questions, PM me.

Edited by Dario

Thank you for that info. I have thought a little bit in the same line. At the moment I have a 7ft movable mesh disc which I switch between Multichoise and Astro but when it is raining I quite fast loose the Astro signal. What I would like to do is to install one 1.2 meter solid disc fixed on Astro and also keep my movable for Multichoise. I will try to find a suitable disc here locally in Pattaya and let you know if I succeed.