2009 Hilton Pattaya Opening!

junki3korean

maybe you guys already know?? that hilton are going to open on top of the new shopping mall...should be great!

what kind of customers it should attract?? high class sleezes?? or holiday families??

none the less can`t wait! i worked for this company for 3 years in sydney and stayed in the millenium bangkok which was a great exprience hope for the same in pattaya!

anybody seen the progress done around there?? hows it coming along??

post-65294-1221587276_thumb.jpg

Name : Central Festival Pattaya Beach

Location : Pattaya Beach, next to View Talay Condominium Project 6

Architects : MAA Architectens, Benoy Architects

M&E : Meinhardt Thailand Limited

Developer : Central Pattana Rama II Limited

Project Description : Two 29 Storey, One Hotel Tower and One Serviced Apartment Tower on a 12 Storey Retail Shopping Complex Podium.

Construction Starts : July 2006

Construction Finishes : November 2009

maybe you guys already know?? that hilton are going to open on top of the new shopping mall...should be great!

what kind of customers it should attract?? high class sleezes?? or holiday families??

none the less can`t wait! i worked for this company for 3 years in sydney and stayed in the millenium bangkok which was a great exprience hope for the same in pattaya!

anybody seen the progress done around there?? hows it coming along??

Wonder what the "Joiners" fee will be? :D

Will there be a discount for quantity? :o

BB

Name : Central Festival Pattaya Beach

Location : Pattaya Beach, next to View Talay Condominium Project 6

Architects : MAA Architectens, Benoy Architects

M&E : Meinhardt Thailand Limited

Developer : Central Pattana Rama II Limited

Project Description : Two 29 Storey, One Hotel Tower and One Serviced Apartment Tower on a 12 Storey Retail Shopping Complex Podium.

Construction Starts : July 2006

Construction Finishes : November 2009

A little confused with the above info,

Construction started July 2006 (Thats over 2 years ago? and on what?

Construction finishes November 2009 ( That's in 14 months from now? so are they going to build two 29 storey towers in that time?)

^ Two years ago they cleared the land and set the piles. In 14 months time they will erect the 2 towers.

Do you seriously doubt the skills and abilities of the Isaan construction labour after all this time here? They already have the foundation for the 2 towers completed when they open the mall this Fall so adding a couple of towers will be the easy part.

^ Two years ago they cleared the land and set the piles. In 14 months time they will erect the 2 towers.

Do you seriously doubt the skills and abilities of the Isaan construction labour after all this time here? They already have the foundation for the 2 towers completed when they open the mall this Fall so adding a couple of towers will be the easy part.

Offcoarse, it's just like building with lego! silly me.

i highly doubt that.....not in pattaya specially on beach rd.....no offence to mike but mikes shopping mall is pretty <deleted>....and i still see swarms of tourist there....i think it`ll be sucess....

I agree with your description of Mike Shopping Mall but "swarms of tourists"......never in all my time in Thailand. However, I do see "swarms" of Chinese/Korean/Taiwanese 'tourists', each person weilding a red coloured hotel towel and sporting a red coloured baseball cap, taking a short cut to the beach through the place. The floors above the ground floor are empty of shoppers.

Its going up very fast and has 100s of construction personnel working 24/7 .The 2nd road end is starting to look half finished ,but the beach road end still looks like a raw construction site .It will be many months yet before anything is likely to be open there though .

Edited by Thaifan2

Its going up very fast and has 100s of construction personnel working 24/7 .The 2nd road end is starting to look half finished ,but the beach road end still looks like a raw construction site .It will be many months yet before anything is likely to be open there though .

I thought completion was November 2009 (incl the 29 storey twin tower Hilton?)

There

Their banner advert on Beach road said early 2009 .

There

I think it says end of 2009.

There

Well i think it said >>beginning of 2009 <<

and i have the photo to prove it ,

beachroad8_1024x768.jpg

There

Well i think it said >>beginning of 2009 <<

and i have the photo to prove it ,

beachroad8_1024x768.jpg

In that case I'm wrong.Unless you that good with photoshop :o

Definitely billed as completion beginning 2009.

The grand opening of the shopping mall is scheduled for January 2009 according to CPN Next Magazine. No mention of when the hotel will be opening though.

This Link has lots of pictures and info:-

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=365601&page=80

Look how close it is to VT6, feel sorry for the poor bas**rds that bought condos on the north side....not much of a view!! :o

^ If you have been in one of the Central stores in Bangkok? this is one store that will be a success in Pattaya, look forward to it opening.

+1

Be nice if it has a food court like the one at Central Chidlom, too. But anyway a REAL dept. store has long been overdue to arrive in PTY.

Definitely billed as completion beginning 2009.

The grand opening of the shopping mall is scheduled for January 2009 according to CPN Next Magazine. No mention of when the hotel will be opening though.

This Link has lots of pictures and info:-

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=365601&page=80

Can't imagine it being ready untill at least the end of 2009, irrelavant of what the billboard says.

What baffles me is how are they going to construct these 29 storey Hilton Twin Towers on top of the mall while the mall is open to the public?

Will they be issuing hard hats to all shoppers on arrival! :o