Storage In Chiang Mai?

kittygal

We have a sudden need to store quite a lot of goods in Chiang Mai in a few weeks, probably for one year. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thank you.

How many sqm. do you need for storage? And where?

I also looked for storage, about a year ago I guess, and was told there was a place out by Hangdong, I don't remember but a quote you could search for is "rich as Midas" - I remember that from the reply - not so promising re the rates though, is it? Or maybe it was Croesus. Shoot, I've got my richies all mixed up :o

"We have a sudden need to store quite a lot of goods in Chiang Mai in a few weeks, probably for one year. Does anyone have any experience with this?"

If you're talking about storing for a year, there are a couple of companies who have warehouse space for rent, but the viability of getting your own space depends on just what you mean by "quite a lot". PM me for details.

Edited by Greenside

There was a recent add for storage in ChiangMai in the classifieds so you could search for it. If you find anything about small size storage ( a couple of cubic meters ) you could PM please as I will need some when I arrive..

I wrote them twice and they never answered my email. No phone number. Just the kind of place you want to leave your valuables at.

I also looked for storage, about a year ago I guess, and was told there was a place out by Hangdong, I don't remember but a quote you could search for is "rich as Midas" - I remember that from the reply - not so promising re the rates though, is it? Or maybe it was Croesus. Shoot, I've got my richies all mixed up :o

There is a freight company in Hang Dong that offers storage but it is not self-storage as I think the OP was looking for. I contacted them (I forget their name), and their prices were way out of line. There were many fees involved. I think they said something like ...they offered the storage as more of a convenience for customers who use their freight-forwarding services.

As mentioned above, what is "quite a lot"? It'd be easier to answer if you'd supply rough cu. meters and general description (boxed, crated, loose, and if loose what type of goods) as to how it would be stored. There are a few shippers (I'm an exporter) with warehouses I know in Hangdong with whom I would feel secure for a year.

Edited by calibanjr.

We have a sudden need to store quite a lot of goods in Chiang Mai in a few weeks, probably for one year. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thank you.

You could contact Bob McCormack he is in Hangdong...his phone # is 053-427-233 or 053-427-236

He has a large packing and shipping company and also is a buying agent..he handled our move from

Chiang Mai to Phnom Penh beautifully...I think with the size of his warehouse he may be able to store

but you'll have to check with him.

McCormick

I'm putting in a link, can't remember if that is allowed but if not just google

mccormack packing and shipping chiangmai