Here Goes Nothin

lulu7881

So, here goes nothin....

I have never posted here before and I definitely don't want to come off as ignorant or disrespectful. I fully admit that I know nothing about Thailand, but what better place to ask a question about it than here?!

Here is my question...

I have been reading new stories about a "mini" pig that originated in Thailand. This is not a pot belly pig which can get to over 100 lb or any of the other 6 breeds of miniature pigs that I have researched. The smallest getting no smaller than 15 - 20 lbs fully grown which is still rare in those breeds.

These pigs are only 30cm long and weigh about 5kg when fully grown. Is there such a thing? I have had many debates about this and my peers have attempted to research this as well but have come up short every time. This makes me believe that maybe this is not a real little piggy. BUT I have read several news stories stating that they are indeed a real little 11 lb fully grown pig.

I hope this is not inappropriate, I just don't know who else to ask!

Here is a copy and paste I did from one of the stories:

Mini-pigs have become the latest fad in China with people flocking to buy them as pets.

Owners believe the pigs are lucky as 2007 is the Year of the Boar.

Liu, owner of a pet shop in Guangzhou market, told Eastern IC: "It's normal that in a day we sell 20 to 30 mini-pigs."

Mini-pigs, which originated in Thailand, look like ordinary pigs but are only 30cm long and weigh about 5kg when fully grown.

Take it easy on me if this post is way out of line, I mean no harm. Thanks and I hope to hear from someone soon!!!

It's a con.

The stall holder is selling pigs that will eventully grow to 200Kg beasties that will dominate the house of the person that bought it.

Not in my house GH. 95kg and it's on the barbie, party time bring some beer and wine. :o

To the OP, Royal Dandies may be what you are looking for here http://www.royaldandie.com/royal.htm

They don't look big enough for a decent sarnie to me though.

Maigo6, I figure someone living in Thailand, perhaps for many years may have seen or heard something about them. I have found throwing a bone out there is sometimes the only way to find the answers you are looking for. You never know.

I have come up with a 15 lb mini pig via google but like I said it is rare. 11lb isn't to far off so I thought it might be possible.

Thanks PhilHarries, I did see that website too! Tempting little fellas aren't they!

Thanks jcon!!!!!!

Maigo6, I figure someone living in Thailand, perhaps for many years may have seen or heard something about them. I have found throwing a bone out there is sometimes the only way to find the answers you are looking for. You never know.

I have come up with a 15 lb mini pig via google but like I said it is rare. 11lb isn't to far off so I thought it might be possible.

Thanks PhilHarries, I did see that website too! Tempting little fellas aren't they!

Thanks jcon!!!!!!

They kind of remind me what one of the dishes I served at my wedding reception, yummy!

Not in my house GH. 95kg and it's on the barbie, party time bring some beer and wine. :D

Us Americans perfer to dig a pit, wrap the poor fellow in some wet burlap, toss him in the pile of hot coals and cover him. Then tap the kegs, start up the band, let the ladies display their bobbies, as the beast is slowly cooking. :D:D:o

Thanks Cuban, I saw them too but they got so famous apparently they have been overwhelmed with hundreds of thousands of emails and calls about the pigs so they aren’t responding to anyone about them anymore. They even put out a message telling people not to email or call about the pigs. Those hopes have been dashed too!

Well, it was worth a shot!

Not in my house GH. 95kg and it's on the barbie, party time bring some beer and wine. :D

Us Americans perfer to dig a pit, wrap the poor fellow in some wet burlap, toss him in the pile of hot coals and cover him. Then tap the kegs, start up the band, let the ladies display their bobbies, as the beast is slowly cooking. :D:D:o

Do you kill 'em first?