Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol Or Narcotic

Bengt

I know that many people here in Thailand have less respect for driving and been drunk and its a BIG problem here and the penalty is ridiculous compared to the crime.

In almost all countries is strength forbidden to drive under influence of alcohol or other drugs but in many of those countries people drive anyway even if they become bad driver after some beers or drinks.

I wonder how many people will commit this crime if the penalty was at least 2 months imprisonment in a Thai prison?

I have many expat friends in this country that have their driving licenses revoked in their home countries

and they dont have any respect for this kind of crime and drive anyway and the police here seems nice to farangs even if they are little drunk at the motobike,,I been stopped by the police at my motobike hundreds of times and only have to show my driving license a couple of times and mostly they use to say GO GO when they discover that I am blonde and farang.

If you are in influence of "yabaa" for ex. then the law here sentence you to imprisonment and the narcotic laws here in Thailand are VERY strict compared to Europe for ex.

If I try to talk to some about this matter then I will loose a lot of friends here so I better dont talk about this matter or crime but I am for sure that there are many people at this message board that agree that something have to be done to decrease the big problem whit drunken drivers.

Some people here told me that ONE dies every hour in the traffic in Thailand and my friends in Sweden ask me how i dare to drive here and I use to answer that if I am sober I have a better chance to avoid an accident rather that I have been drunk in the same situation.

I guess I talking in the air about this topic but I am for sure many people agree whit me in this case and i would appreciate to get some replies and debate in this topic.

If drunk driving was an imprisonable offence in Thailand, 99% of Farangs would be locked up . :o

110% of Thais (well young males anyway) would be too :D

My step-son got pulled for being over the limit. He didn't have the 'on the spot fine' (bribe) and ended up doing community service (digging out khlongs) for two days. He is much more careful now (ensures he has the 'fine' money).

i will never forget being in walking st when a farang that could hardly walk fell over trying to mount his bike,. 2 cops walked over, picked him up and sat him on it,. and off he wobbled ! :o .i cant help thinking they wanted him to come to grief ,.

I've seen the same thing in reverse. Sitting in a local karaoke place when one of the drunkest patrons stumbled out of the premises to retire i assumed. I was wrong. A few minutes later he returned having somehow managed to return home and dress himself in his brown uniform. He did however need some assistance to swing his leg over his motorcycle. He then veered off into the night to put in a shift, which i'd imagine included stopping motorists. Funny place.

I know that many people here in Thailand have less respect for driving and been drunk and its a BIG problem here and the penalty is ridiculous compared to the crime.

In almost all countries is strength forbidden to drive under influence of alcohol or other drugs but in many of those countries people drive anyway even if they become bad driver after some beers or drinks.

I wonder how many people will commit this crime if the penalty was at least 2 months imprisonment in a Thai prison?

I have many expat friends in this country that have their driving licenses revoked in their home countries

and they dont have any respect for this kind of crime and drive anyway and the police here seems nice to farangs even if they are little drunk at the motobike,,I been stopped by the police at my motobike hundreds of times and only have to show my driving license a couple of times and mostly they use to say GO GO when they discover that I am blonde and farang.

If you are in influence of "yabaa" for ex. then the law here sentence you to imprisonment and the narcotic laws here in Thailand are VERY strict compared to Europe for ex.

If I try to talk to some about this matter then I will loose a lot of friends here so I better dont talk about this matter or crime but I am for sure that there are many people at this message board that agree that something have to be done to decrease the big problem whit drunken drivers.

Some people here told me that ONE dies every hour in the traffic in Thailand and my friends in Sweden ask me how i dare to drive here and I use to answer that if I am sober I have a better chance to avoid an accident rather that I have been drunk in the same situation.

I guess I talking in the air about this topic but I am for sure many people agree whit me in this case and i would appreciate to get some replies and debate in this topic.

Hi

What are you trying to say????

You want to know if i drink and drive?? dont think you will hear from many there drink and drive, only from the people there dont do it.

Forgot::: what if booze was free in Sweden, how do you think they would drive.

Edited by HDRIDER

Hi

What are you trying to say????

You want to know if i drink and drive?? dont think you will hear from many there drink and drive, only from the people there dont do it.

Forgot::: what if booze was free in Sweden, how do you think they would drive.

Sweden have sometimes big problems whit drunken drivers but we dont have enough polices to catch them.

Another thing, we have a lot of almost free booze in Sweden because many people make their own Vodka to a very low cost and I haved also my own cooking equipment until I quit 7 years ago but it was TABU for me to get into my car and drive in influence of alcohol and i have a good alcotest to make my blow in and I didnt drive until I have zero in the alcotest.

I am for sure that you have a HD and HD owners really cares about their MC.