Water From Bore Hole

jonny48

hi all

if i boil the water from my tap which comes from a bore hole is it safe to make tea with it . if not can i get one of those jug filters like in the uk. i know the big bottles of water are cheap but iwant a steady supply, and cant be botherd to put in a water filtering system.

cheers

hi all

if i boil the water from my tap which comes from a bore hole is it safe to make tea with it . if not can i get one of those jug filters like in the uk. i know the big bottles of water are cheap but iwant a steady supply, and cant be botherd to put in a water filtering system.

cheers

boil water for at least 20 minutes,remember it is heavy of calcium,after some time your maschienry will clonk out.use it only for gardening, and get used to the fact you live in Thailand.

I think boiling is safe enough. We were doing that and as taurus8 mentioned our boiling pot had a LOT of white minerals in it, lime or calcium or whatever. We bought a 1,500 liter fiberglass tank. It gets filled with rain water off an unpainted metal roof. No more mineral deposits. We also use it for drinking water after running it through a filter system. We catch rain water off the tiled roof. My wife refuses to use it for drinking but it's great for the shower and washing clothes. One of these days I plan to put in much bigger storage tanks for the rain water.

Edited by Gary A

It's dependant on where you live, I used to be in a small village and had both the bore and the town supply, when I switched over to the bore full time, within a matter of weeks it had clogged up the shower (needed to replace it) screwed up the washing machine and gave all our clothes a red hue, when I boiled it, it went opaque..... hardly suitable for making tea.

No matter how clear it appears to be, I would never, not even for one second, ever consider drinking bore water unfiltered.

It's dependant on where you live, I used to be in a small village and had both the bore and the town supply, when I switched over to the bore full time, within a matter of weeks it had clogged up the shower (needed to replace it) screwed up the washing machine and gave all our clothes a red hue, when I boiled it, it went opaque..... hardly suitable for making tea.

No matter how clear it appears to be, I would never, not even for one second, ever consider drinking bore water unfiltered.

I play safe and only drink beer for that same reason :o

Agreed. In addition to the minerals, don't forget that where there is a borehole for water, there is probably a cess-tank not far away, and so there is a risk of E. coli infection.

We also have sand particles in the water, which quickly block up shower heaters and those little filters on taps that are intended to soften the stream of water.

Cheers,

Mike