What Is It

Gary A

H3ll by looking at the picture and if you didn't tell me something was there (as well as Tywais' identification) I would have just thought your hand was next to a branch on the tree that was dead (i.e. the brown coloring). Looking closer I can kind of make out the head and then the feet are obvious when looking for them.

H3ll by looking at the picture and if you didn't tell me something was there (as well as Tywais' identification) I would have just thought your hand was next to a branch on the tree that was dead (i.e. the brown coloring). Looking closer I can kind of make out the head and then the feet are obvious when looking for them.

Actually me too. Thought he posted the wrong picture. :o

A little bigger picture. I hope the turkeys don't see him.

post-17093-1221893722_thumb.jpg

There is more of him in this pic, didn't expect that. :D Remarkable creature and thanks for the photos.

Hi

Wots his/her name? maybe have a competition for some suggestions? might I suggest Somchai! :D

TBWG :o

A little bigger picture. I hope the turkeys don't see him.

post-17093-1221893722_thumb.jpg

Hi Gary,

Great picture thanks for sharing.

On a similar note a couple of days ago we got a call from my wifes sister early in the morning and she said that she was in hospital suffering from a snake bite. She was walking home from her mothers house carrying her young son and she decided to take a short cut rather than stick to the main road. She felt a very sharp pain in her left leg just above the ankle. The creature then disappeared leaving her with a nasty painful bite.She rushed home and her husband drove her to the nearest hospital in Si Sa Ket. By this time her leg was really swollen and very painful, she was in agony (her words). The doctor examined the two small holes in her leg and declared that it looked like but was not a snake bite. As it turned out with a more thorough examination it was a centepide that was the culprit! Apparently these things are as thick as your finger and can grow to around 9 inches.

It took a couple of days for the swelling to go down and she is fine now. There are some scary things out there.

Anyone have more info on these centepides?

Cheers, Rick

Here's a pic of one my wife killed at our house here in CM about a week or so ago. It was found about 3 feet from our front door. I have heard about these but never seen one alive and still haven't since she killed it and left it for my viewing until I came home.

NOTE: This one was left in the sun for a day before I took this photo.

NOTE to self: Thoroughly check around the house before letting the little one play outside.

post-46350-1221921673_thumb.jpg

NOTE to self: Thoroughly check around the house before letting the little one play outside.

Good point dingdongrb. I have many millipedes around the outside but after posting pics here and checking with some Thais found it was harmless. Still hate seeing the buggers though. :o However they all say the same thing when it comes to centipedes, dangerous.