Briton In Thailand And The Thai Links To Drug Dealers In The U K

sriracha john

Jesus!! That's where I'm from... :o

Me too.

I only recognize one name.

If either of you gentlemen are Mr. Hyde, I would expect you to do the honorable and gentlemanly thing and turn yourself into the authorities.

No I'm not him and I'm in South Shields at the moment.

However, I would like to know how the police are so sure he is in Thailand, as they are searching for another criminal believed to have escaped abroad and have absolutley no idea where he is.

Thomas Thompson, 52 of Dragside, South Shields was jailed for seven years, Aaron Fada, 33, of Braybourne Street, South Shields was jailed for three years and Simon Welsh, 33, of Strathmore Gardens, South Shields was jailed for 21 months.

7 Years = 4.5 years.

3 years = 18months.

21 months = 10 . 5 months.

Small sentences = small crime, non violent, sexual or arsonist, will no doubt do the majority in a Catagory 'D' open prison, and do a fair ammount as a Tagged offender at home.

Luckily these boys didn't get caught in Thailand where they would have been lifed off.

These guys are obviously smart enough to know that, they make money in the west , if they get caught it's a slap on the wrist, spend it in Thailand where if you got caught doing similar, you'd get 99 years.

The offences are hardly that serious so quite why you should advocate medieval punishment is somewhat puzzling.

Your definition of what may constitute minor crimes is equally mystifying and in all truth appears as half baked as your evident thought processes.

Criminals distributing illicit drugs tend to do so in an environment which favours their endeavour and I doubt very much that this gang chose the North east of England

over Thailand because of luck as you idiotically suggest.

Ummm, who is advocating medieval sentences ?

You really have absoluetly no idea at all about anything to do with this topic.

Mouth and brain closed, fingers off the keyboard..................

There, I'll give you that little bit of advice for free . :o

police always lie about "street value" to make themselves look good.

You would imagine the media would have been able to work this out by now. Particularly as I don't know a single person that works in the media in the UK that doesn't know the price of a gram of coke...

The court heard that Hyde, who now lives in Thailand, was stopped in his car by police in March last year and was found with 3.3 grams of cocaine, with a street value of £200.

£200 / 3.3 = £60.60 per gram

Thomas Thompson, who was described as Hyde's "Number one man" had his home raided in July last year. There police found 250 grams of cocaine, with a street value of £40,000

£40,000 / 250 = £160 per gram !

Market forces normally drive prices down when the quantity goes up

Slightly contradictory. I wonder who actually makes these figures up.

Depends on the quality

That would be € 200 per gram on EU mainland....absurd. 1 gram of Coke, according to official rehab clinics (just googled), cost about € 50/gram and not 200.

That would be € 200,000 per kilo (GBP 158,000 per kilo)...yeah right :o

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

The offences are hardly that serious so quite why you should advocate medieval punishment is somewhat puzzling.

Do you remember the movie Dumb and Dumber ?

Of course you do, it was based on your life!

I'm stating facts, if you get caught with 500 Grammes of anything the custodial sentence will be different, depending on the jurasdiction, ......can you understand that ?

Get caught with over 15 grammes of powder in Singapore, you'll swing at the end of a rope some friday morning at 7 am ( money don't matter ) Under 15 Grammes will be a massive jail sentence.

500 grammes of cannaibis or the equalivent class of drug will entitle you to the death sentence in Singapore, but you'll walk away in Geneva

Get caught in Thailand and you'll get a massive sentence ( unless you have money ).

Get caught in Indonesia and get the death sentence................ ( unless you have money )

Get caught in Amsterdam for exactly the same thing and walk away.

Like I say , you know absolutley nothing about this topic, so why even bother to post ?

Please feel free to tell me where I'm wrong !

Edited by Maigo6

I dont think anyone is wrong here. But MKA.... you lead a sheltered life, if you have knee trembler and end up in caualty dude.

Yeah, know what a knee trembler is thanks mate. Bit of confusion here. I was referring to the Saturday night ruck in the kebab shop. A phenomenon certainly not confined to South Shields. You must have experience, being from Glasgey an all?

I dont think anyone is wrong here. But MKA.... you lead a sheltered life, if you have knee trembler and end up in caualty dude.

Yeah, know what a knee trembler is thanks mate. Bit of confusion here. I was referring to the Saturday night ruck in the kebab shop. A phenomenon certainly not confined to South Shields. You must have experience, being from Glasgey an all?

See ye jimee, I'l stick the heed on ya, nay fuc_kin problem pal.

Anyway for you raj F %$#@rs, get ta f$#k outta here.

And that is said with a very aggresive Scottish accent. :o

Edited by Maigo6

Hahahahaha... Radge - forgotton all about that word. What a great expression... Never realised you were a sweaty Maigo...

Question still remains, what will happen to Mr Hyde? , will the UK government put an arrest warrant out for him in Thailand?

But odds on favorite he is Pattaya :o

Why don't they post a picture of this arsehol_e on the net for us all to see.

Good question. I've done a few searches, but nothing so far, it would appear that the story didn't make it beyond the local rags. He has not made the Interpol wanted list either.

Question still remains, what will happen to Mr Hyde? , will the UK government put an arrest warrant out for him in Thailand?

But odds on favorite he is Pattaya :D

Good question. I've done a few searches, but nothing so far, it would appear that the story didn't make it beyond the local rags. He has not made the Interpol wanted list either.

Hardly Pablo Escabar. :o

Hahahahaha... Radge - forgotton all about that word. What a great expression... Never realised you were a sweaty Maigo...

See ye Asok,. I willna fuc_kin' even give credence to your post, the insinuation is that us Scottish guys are heedcases is enough to put me off.

Asok, cheers mate, I would love to have a drrink with you one day, as long as you're paying. Ken ?

But odds on favorite he is Pattaya :D

Hardly Pablo Escabar. :o

Neither are many of the characters on there. Incidentally, TS doesn't feature amongst the Thai fugitives. :D

See ye Asok,. I willna fuc_kin' even give credence to your post, the insinuation is that us Scottish guys are heedcases is enough to put me off.

Asok, cheers mate, I would love to have a drrink with you one day, as long as you're paying. Ken ?

Heeedcases and teetarses all of yers. Love to mate. Jus doorn neep ma heed when ye doo...

Heeedcases and teetarses all of yers. Love to mate. Jus doorn neep ma heed when ye doo...

I'm with ya mate...............

I'm up country at the moment, but I'll be doon town soon, nay fuc_kin' problem, ken ? See ye Asok, ....................see ya mate. :o

I really do wish that the Thai government would outlaw visa runs and impose applicants for non immigrant visas to produce a police letter from their home countries to show what or what is not on criminal file about them.

There are many dodgy Farangs living in Thailand these days and I am very weary of those who are not my tried and trusted friends. If I see one on my travels I look the over way.

Don’t know whether this is accurate or not, a friend recently told me that the streets of Phuket have become unsafe after dark due to gangs of Farang muggers, pimps and druggies. Is this true?

Edited by sassienie

Newcastle Crown Court heard how the men were all linked by alleged crime boss Joseph Hyde.

The court heard that Hyde, who now lives in Thailand, was stopped in his car by police in March last year and was found with 3.3 grams of cocaine, with a street value of £200.

Ok, I'll bite. How is someone like this allowed to get out of the country in the first place? And while we're at it, why do police continue to fart around with the middle men instead of dealing with the sources and consumers?

250 grams? Gimme a <deleted>' break! It's probably no more than 25 grams of actual cocaine with all the cutting. No doubt some heavy sleuthing there. The US just picked up a highly sophisticated home-built submarine with 17 pure tons (edit: 7 tons, sorry) of that shit on board. And that's only the occasional one that gets caught.

How many cops and how many man hours were invested into busting what effectively amounts to the drug business equivalent of a small group of "used car salesmen." Is that really an effective use of police time and taxpayer dollars?

I might be conservative in my politics, but I'm progressive on the vices. If people want to kill themselves with lethal products like tobacco and cocaine, then who is so moral to say what consumers can and can't have? Societies can't afford to build the sizes of police forces and prisions needed to effectively enforce the laws. As a result, the criminal justice and penal systems are biased and corrupt.

Legalize it, regulate it, tax it .... and let Darwinism and free markets sort out the rest.

I thought people had already figured this out during the debacle that was American Prohibition. What's the old line ... those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Agreed--waste of time and resources--people will do whatever they want despite the legal/political environment of the day.

I really do wish that the Thai government would outlaw visa runs and impose applicants for non immigrant visas to produce a police letter from their home countries to show what or what is not on criminal file about them.

There are many dodgy Farangs living in Thailand these days and I am very weary of those who are not my tried and trusted friends. If I see one on my travels I look the over way.

Don't know whether this is accurate or not, a friend recently told me that the streets of Phuket have become unsafe after dark due to gangs of Farang muggers, pimps and druggies. Is this true?

I very much doubt it.

Victories in war are seldom achieved without blood letting. The war on drugs is no different - about time they stopped pussyfooting around & start fighting it. :o

"War on drugs," do you really believe this rubbish? Chris Rock puts it this way: "Drug dealers don't sell drugs, they offer drugs. Drug dealers don't need to sell drugs, drugs sell themselves."

In its current form - yes it's rubbish. I'm talking of all out war on growers, suppliers, dealers, addicts - the whole chain. I shall spare the more sensitive types from the full details, but, let's say that zero tolerance really would mean zero tolerance, with harsh justice to back it up. When you achieve enough posts to enter Bedlam, you'll be able to read about the justice I advocate.

Better be careful with that one Clayton. they will have to lock up a lot of The people in top government, cops ,& most of your favorite actors Maybe even someone in your family (closet user) I'm unsympathetic towards any of your examples - including family members.

Wasn't it Rush Limbaugh in America the high & almighty that said they should be imprisoned forever as he was injesting enough Oxycontins to kill a horse. They let him off the hook without even jail time & he involved Doctors his servants & anyone else he could to make sure he could get his fiend on.

If someone isn't doing you personal harm Who cares.

Besides these guys are backyard suppliers.with super small amounts they were charged with. Better we should let the type of people that scam millions of dollars with no remorse go freely so the minor patsies in life can be their scapegoats.

Typical.....So was Rush Limbaugh till he got caught & his hypocritical ways made him look like a baboon.

If it doesn't affect you personally why get worked up over it. Even some of the police friends in the U.S. could care less & despise going after minor users or small time dealers. 2nd favorite to domestic violence issues. And if you really would feel the same way about a family member getting in trouble & you would send them down the execution road or years in jail.......I am glad in my family there is more tolerance & compassion & am happy to have been born in my family than yours.(The closed mind type of attitude usually tends to turn south on you when bringing up a family.Being a 60's generation kid if you made a big deal out of anything in that generation would automatically think if you said it was bad not to do it would be an open invitation to go against the grain & try it. Not that that is or ever has been a problem in my life. If we all thought like that we would have the ultimate police state to run our lives. How about drunks. Should Bush be jailed because he admitted to be an Ex-drunk?Oh Thats legal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get so compassion going in your life, believe me - the people around you will like you a lot more & your stature in others eyes can do wonders for self esteem. i too do not smoke cigarettes anymore, but as long as someone puffs outside my house who cares. Put the offenders in jail broke a rule comon. Everyone knows rule are made to be broken. Absolutely not personal & please do not take it as me flaming you. Just saying Lighten up my man & enjoy your golden years in LOS.Life is much easier living in a neutral position & I kick myself in the butt when I forget that being the best guide in life to not get all worked up over things that do not even matter to my own life.

Zero tolerance in anything never works! they still have opium in China yes?

Edited by Beardog

• 1 year later...

There's a follow-up to this story...

Thai drug-cash launderer jailed

The Shields Gazette (Shields, UK)

Published Date: 23 January 2010

By Paul Myles-Kelly

An underworld money launderer who collected drugs cash from Tyneside which had been sent to Thailand has been jailed.

Joseph Hyde, 34, received the money from the sale of cocaine, which had been sent to his Asian hideout by drug dealers in South Shields.

Newcastle Crown Court yesterday heard between September 2006 and July 2007, £62,440 was sent via Fedex or Western Union in the scam. Of that money, more than £55,000 was collected by Hyde in person.

Tim Gittens, prosecuting, told the court how Hyde was originally arrested in March 2007, after testosterone ampoules, pepper spray and more than £3,000 in cash were found at his home at The Bridges, South Shields.

While on police bail, Hyde, who was already a "frequent flyer" with China airways, fled to Thailand.

Police investigations into his affairs continued while he was on the run, and it was not until July last year he was re-arrested after flying back to the UK.

The court heard by then, he had spent six weeks in a Thai jail and had his legs broken by underworld hardmen.

His barrister Stephen Duffield told the court yesterday Hyde did not himself benefit from the drugs cash, but had been collecting it on behalf of drug lords to pay off a £25,000 debt.

Mr Duffield said Hyde had originally borrowed £20,000 and had promised to pay back £25,000 out of a compensation claim he had made. But his claim was refused, so he agreed to collect the drugs cash.

Mr Duffield said it was when the South Shields dealers were arrested, Hyde refused to collect the cash any more.

He said: "He refused to continue receiving money in Thailand."

As a result of that, retribution was exacted upon him by way of fractures, serious fractures, of his legs."

The court heard Hyde took off to a remote part of Thailand where his wife was from.

When he decided to head back to the UK, he was arrested for not having a Visa and spent six weeks in a Thai jail.

He was arrested at the airport after flying back to Britain and went on to plead guilty to being concerned in the retention of criminal property.

Mr Duffield said: "He has suffered a considerable amount as a result of his involvement in this matter."

Judge Beatrice Bolton jailed Hyde, of Rembrandt Avenue, South Shields, for three-and-a-half years.

The judge said: "You got yourself involved in transferring drugs money out of this country and into Thailand where you spent a great deal of time."

"I do not know the truth behind this, but I sentence you on the basis you were commissioned by another person."

"It seems clear you were because you got into trouble and both your ankles appear to have been broken."

"Nevertheless, you were involved in importing a money to Thailand, probably in the region of £55,000."

"An aggravating feature is you remained out of this country when you knew full well you were required here."

Prosecutors are pursuing Hyde under the Proceeds of Crime Act to seize any assets he may have.

A hearing will be held later this year.

shieldsgazette.com/news/Thai-drugcash-launderer-jailed.6008454.jp

Thai link to North-East [uK] drug dealers, court told

A GROUP of drug dealers from the North-East were put behind bars. The men were responsible for selling thousands of pounds worth of cocaine and laundering money to the crime "mastermind" in Thailand.

Newcastle Crown Court heard how the men were all linked by alleged crime boss Joseph Hyde.

Following his interview and release police began surveillance on Hyde and which led them to a number of other criminals. As a result three men were jailed for a total of over 11 years.

Thomas Thompson, 52 of Dragside, South Shields was jailed for seven years, Aaron Fada, 33, of Braybourne Street, South Shields was jailed for three years and Simon Welsh, 33, of Strathmore Gardens, South Shields was jailed for 21 months. A fourth defendant, John Scott, 38, of Chaucer Avenue, South Shields had his sentence for supply of cocaine and transferring money to Thailand adjourned until October 20 for the preparation of a psychiatric report.

The court heard Callum Taylor, 24 who died of a suspected drugs overdose after a house party would have also been sentenced for his part in the crimes.

Thompson had pleaded guilty to possession of cocaine and transfering money, Fada, pleaded guilty to supplying cocaine and Welsh pleaded guilty to supplying cocaine and transfering money Tim Gittins, prosecuting, said that after Hyde and Scott were stopped by the police it, "Led detectives to the doors of the other defendants."

Thomas Thompson, who was described as Hyde's "Number one man" had his home raided in July last year. There police found 250 grams of cocaine, with a street value of £40,000, a 'debtors list' which totalled £400,000 and £8,400 in cash. Police also found a cache of weapons including batons, flick knives, knuckle dusters and a crossbow. Mr Gittins said: "He made frank admissions that the cocaine was there ready to be distributed in South Shields.

"He was clearly frightened and remorseful during the course of interview."

"Enquiries revealed Thompson, Welsh and Scott had been responsible over a period of time for transferring large quantities of currency to Thailand." The court heard that between January and July 2007 Thompson had sent £51,000 to Thailand, while Welsh had sent £5000, most of it in his partner's name.

In September 2007 police raided A and S Auto Salvage in Gateshead, which belonged to Welsh and Fada. There police found around 130 grams of cocaine and 230 grams of cannabis resin.

Glen Gatland, defending Thompson, said that he was not making huge profits from the drugs and was paid £150-£200 a week for driving Hyde around.

He said: "The mastermind behind all this was Mr Hyde, who escaped abroad."

Judge Beatrice Bolton, sentencing Thompson, said: "Hyde is undoubtedly the man behind this operation but you were is number one man.

"On your arrest you were ready, willing and able to tell police what had been happening." The Judge said Fada was not at first "on the police radar" but the raid on his business implicated him in drug dealing.

- The Northern Echo (UK) / 2008-09-19

Pity they weren't apprehended in Singapore, Malaysia, UAE............

Victories in war are seldom achieved without blood letting. The war on drugs is no different - about time they stopped pussyfooting around & start fighting it. :)

"Victories in war are seldom achieved without blood letting. The war on drugs is no different - about time they stopped pussyfooting around & start fighting it. :D "

hahahaha, you funny. I suppose you'd start off by eliminating those "pieces of paper" like the US Constitution? The European-based descendants of the Magna Carta? You're type would be amusing, if you didn't do so much damage to people's lives...people that have never harmed you or anyone. Nixon, that paragon of virtue, started this "war on (people that use) drugs. You're in great company.

Now go slam down another beer or cocktail and think yourself superior. Like Nixon, the criminal, fascist drunk.

Thomas Thompson, 52 of Dragside, South Shields was jailed for seven years, Aaron Fada, 33, of Braybourne Street, South Shields was jailed for three years and Simon Welsh, 33, of Strathmore Gardens, South Shields was jailed for 21 months.

7 Years = 4.5 years.

3 years = 18months.

Small sentences = small crime, non violent, sexual or arsonist, will no doubt do the majority in a Catagory 'D' open prison, and do a fair ammount as a Tagged offender at home.

Luckily these boys didn't get caught in Thailand where they would have been lifed off.

These guys are obviously smart enough to know that, they make money in the west , if they get caught it's a slap on the wrist, spend it in Thailand where if you got caught doing similar, you'd get 99 years.

I can't think of ONE good reason UK taxpayers had to bear the burden of the police surveillance, court costs, prison costs, because some choose to use one substance or the other "non-approved" substances over the " state authorized" lethal alcohol. They or their very willing customers hurt no one but themselves by using, and there is no claim of innocent victims being hurt.

You will notice those calling for "wars" on substance use are a "bit vague" when it comes to why alcohol use should be legal, in spite of the fact it is the most lethal, widespread DRUG in use world-wide.

"Vague" because they like their drug, "vague" because they know it causes traffic injuries and fatalities by the hundreds daily, and that Prohibition of alcohol only spawned citizens more than willing to supply it to willing customers.

Time to actually Grow Up, and accept the reality of placing the burden of the Consequences of drug use (traffic accidents, violence fueled by inebriation, theft, etc) on actual events. In other words, if some citizen wishes to stay at home and poison themselves with alcohol ( attacks the human body at the cellular level, a solvent always does), cocaine, herion, marijuana, whatever, then why should it cost taxpayers to fight human nature? If they endanger the public, then they should be subject to Consequences. But not before, no more than one should be arrested for purchasing a 6-pack of beer to take home to enjoy while watching a football match.

Look to the Czech Republic to see the Future of how civilized nations treat drug usage. They will legalize ALL of it, and concentrate on any Consequences of Public Abuse that endangers others.

7 Years = 4.5 years.

3 years = 18months.

Utter disgrace how people get out so early. UK Gov is a joke !

The " utterdisgrace" is the fact the US and Uk governments use their military to serve as "protection" for the Afghan opium fields, use the CIA "Rendition" charter jets to also hauled South American cocaine to world markets, then hypocritically target small-fry dealers supplying willing customers.

The " utterdisgrace" is those so juvenile and gullible as to find this worthy of mention in comparison to the real, government "authorized" "smugglers. If the shoe fits.....

Maybe the UK is symapthetic when it comes to drug dealers, after all, the UK was the Number One drug dealer of all time when taking opium from India and getting hundreds of thousands of people hooked on it.

All for the good of The British Empire, the Government coffers and the pockets of the rich traders.

These guys are small fry, not quite in the same league as Pablo Escabar, the British Empire or the CIA.

This is true, Did you ever know what Singapore used to be like when the British were in control ? we are talking about hel_l on earth, H&H Heroin and hookers and all run by the British Empire.

Yes and where do you think the money came from to build up the infrastructure to modernise all those previous

colonies enjoying a wealthy lifestyle today. certainly not too much from the other Arch colonists the

French,Dutch,Portuguese,Spanish,Romans etc.

Or as the old saying goes "The eater is as bad as the stealer"

• 3 weeks later...

:) good one!!

Maybe the UK is symapthetic when it comes to drug dealers, after all, the UK was the Number One drug dealer of all time when taking opium from India and getting hundreds of thousands of people hooked on it.

All for the good of The British Empire, the Government coffers and the pockets of the rich traders.

These guys are small fry, not quite in the same league as Pablo Escabar, the British Empire or the CIA.