Briton In Thailand And The Thai Links To Drug Dealers In The U K

sriracha john

Thai link to North-East [uK] drug dealers, court told

A GROUP of drug dealers from the North-East were put behind bars. The men were responsible for selling thousands of pounds worth of cocaine and laundering money to the crime "mastermind" in Thailand.

Newcastle Crown Court heard how the men were all linked by alleged crime boss Joseph Hyde.

The court heard that Hyde, who now lives in Thailand, was stopped in his car by police in March last year and was found with 3.3 grams of cocaine, with a street value of £200.

Following his interview and release police began surveillance on Hyde and which led them to a number of other criminals. As a result three men were jailed for a total of over 11 years.

Thomas Thompson, 52 of Dragside, South Shields was jailed for seven years, Aaron Fada, 33, of Braybourne Street, South Shields was jailed for three years and Simon Welsh, 33, of Strathmore Gardens, South Shields was jailed for 21 months. A fourth defendant, John Scott, 38, of Chaucer Avenue, South Shields had his sentence for supply of cocaine and transferring money to Thailand adjourned until October 20 for the preparation of a psychiatric report.

The court heard Callum Taylor, 24 who died of a suspected drugs overdose after a house party would have also been sentenced for his part in the crimes.

Thompson had pleaded guilty to possession of cocaine and transfering money, Fada, pleaded guilty to supplying cocaine and Welsh pleaded guilty to supplying cocaine and transfering money Tim Gittins, prosecuting, said that after Hyde and Scott were stopped by the police it, "Led detectives to the doors of the other defendants."

Thomas Thompson, who was described as Hyde's "Number one man" had his home raided in July last year. There police found 250 grams of cocaine, with a street value of £40,000, a 'debtors list' which totalled £400,000 and £8,400 in cash. Police also found a cache of weapons including batons, flick knives, knuckle dusters and a crossbow. Mr Gittins said: "He made frank admissions that the cocaine was there ready to be distributed in South Shields.

"He was clearly frightened and remorseful during the course of interview."

"Enquiries revealed Thompson, Welsh and Scott had been responsible over a period of time for transferring large quantities of currency to Thailand." The court heard that between January and July 2007 Thompson had sent £51,000 to Thailand, while Welsh had sent £5000, most of it in his partner's name.

In September 2007 police raided A and S Auto Salvage in Gateshead, which belonged to Welsh and Fada. There police found around 130 grams of cocaine and 230 grams of cannabis resin.

Glen Gatland, defending Thompson, said that he was not making huge profits from the drugs and was paid £150-£200 a week for driving Hyde around.

He said: "The mastermind behind all this was Mr Hyde, who escaped abroad."

Judge Beatrice Bolton, sentencing Thompson, said: "Hyde is undoubtedly the man behind this operation but you were is number one man.

"On your arrest you were ready, willing and able to tell police what had been happening." The Judge said Fada was not at first "on the police radar" but the raid on his business implicated him in drug dealing.

- The Northern Echo (UK) / 2008-09-19

Thomas Thompson, 52 of Dragside, South Shields was jailed for seven years, Aaron Fada, 33, of Braybourne Street, South Shields was jailed for three years and Simon Welsh, 33, of Strathmore Gardens, South Shields was jailed for 21 months.

7 Years = 4.5 years.

3 years = 18months.

21 months = 10 . 5 months.

Small sentences = small crime, non violent, sexual or arsonist, will no doubt do the majority in a Catagory 'D' open prison, and do a fair ammount as a Tagged offender at home.

Luckily these boys didn't get caught in Thailand where they would have been lifed off.

These guys are obviously smart enough to know that, they make money in the west , if they get caught it's a slap on the wrist, spend it in Thailand where if you got caught doing similar, you'd get 99 years.

Thomas Thompson, 52 of Dragside, South Shields was jailed for seven years, Aaron Fada, 33, of Braybourne Street, South Shields was jailed for three years and Simon Welsh, 33, of Strathmore Gardens, South Shields was jailed for 21 months.

7 Years = 4.5 years.

3 years = 18months.

Small sentences = small crime, non violent, sexual or arsonist, will no doubt do the majority in a Catagory 'D' open prison, and do a fair ammount as a Tagged offender at home.

Luckily these boys didn't get caught in Thailand where they would have been lifed off.

These guys are obviously smart enough to know that, they make money in the west , if they get caught it's a slap on the wrist, spend it in Thailand where if you got caught doing similar, you'd get 99 years.

Utter disgrace how people get out so early. UK Gov is a joke !

Maybe the UK is symapthetic when it comes to drug dealers, after all, the UK was the Number One drug dealer of all time when taking opium from India and getting hundreds of thousands of people hooked on it.

All for the good of The British Empire, the Government coffers and the pockets of the rich traders.

These guys are small fry, not quite in the same league as Pablo Escabar, the British Empire or the CIA.

These guys are small fry, not quite in the same league as Pablo Escabar, the British Empire or the CIA.

Agree with Maigo. Very small potatoes. The whole story's pretty thin. "Selling thousands of pounds of cocaine" does not equate to "criminal masterminds." Probably a bunch of nightclub doormen who also send steroids back to the UK in the mail.

party scene in South Shields
:o:D:D

a night of sophisticated entertainment and lager gargling at the local disco , followed by a curry at rajas and the night ends in an attempted knee trembler in morrisons car park and a puddle of vomit in the pavement by the bus stop.

god bless the north east of england.

a night of sophisticated entertainment and lager gargling at the local disco , followed by a curry at rajas and the night ends in an attempted knee trembler in morrisons car park and a puddle of vomit in the pavement by the bus stop.

Doesn't sound too bad to me :o

Just realised - there IS no Morrisons in Shields!!

Edited by popmybubble

party scene in South Shields
:o:D:D

god bless the north east of england.

I'd imagine there's usually also a trip to Casualty in there somewhere.

Maybe the UK is symapthetic when it comes to drug dealers, after all, the UK was the Number One drug dealer of all time when taking opium from India and getting hundreds of thousands of people hooked on it.

All for the good of The British Empire, the Government coffers and the pockets of the rich traders.

This is true, Did you ever know what Singapore used to be like when the British were in control ? we are talking about hel_l on earth, H&H Heroin and hookers and all run by the British Empire.

Thai link to North-East [uK] drug dealers, court told

A GROUP of drug dealers from the North-East were put behind bars. The men were responsible for selling thousands of pounds worth of cocaine and laundering money to the crime "mastermind" in Thailand.

Newcastle Crown Court heard how the men were all linked by alleged crime boss Joseph Hyde.

The court heard that Hyde, who now lives in Thailand, was stopped in his car by police in March last year and was found with 3.3 grams of cocaine, with a street value of £200.

Following his interview and release police began surveillance on Hyde and which led them to a number of other criminals. As a result three men were jailed for a total of over 11 years.

Thomas Thompson, 52 of Dragside, South Shields was jailed for seven years, Aaron Fada, 33, of Braybourne Street, South Shields was jailed for three years and Simon Welsh, 33, of Strathmore Gardens, South Shields was jailed for 21 months. A fourth defendant, John Scott, 38, of Chaucer Avenue, South Shields had his sentence for supply of cocaine and transferring money to Thailand adjourned until October 20 for the preparation of a psychiatric report.

The court heard Callum Taylor, 24 who died of a suspected drugs overdose after a house party would have also been sentenced for his part in the crimes.

Thompson had pleaded guilty to possession of cocaine and transfering money, Fada, pleaded guilty to supplying cocaine and Welsh pleaded guilty to supplying cocaine and transfering money Tim Gittins, prosecuting, said that after Hyde and Scott were stopped by the police it, "Led detectives to the doors of the other defendants."

Thomas Thompson, who was described as Hyde's "Number one man" had his home raided in July last year. There police found 250 grams of cocaine, with a street value of £40,000, a 'debtors list' which totalled £400,000 and £8,400 in cash. Police also found a cache of weapons including batons, flick knives, knuckle dusters and a crossbow. Mr Gittins said: "He made frank admissions that the cocaine was there ready to be distributed in South Shields.

"He was clearly frightened and remorseful during the course of interview."

"Enquiries revealed Thompson, Welsh and Scott had been responsible over a period of time for transferring large quantities of currency to Thailand." The court heard that between January and July 2007 Thompson had sent £51,000 to Thailand, while Welsh had sent £5000, most of it in his partner's name.

In September 2007 police raided A and S Auto Salvage in Gateshead, which belonged to Welsh and Fada. There police found around 130 grams of cocaine and 230 grams of cannabis resin.

Glen Gatland, defending Thompson, said that he was not making huge profits from the drugs and was paid £150-£200 a week for driving Hyde around.

He said: "The mastermind behind all this was Mr Hyde, who escaped abroad."

Judge Beatrice Bolton, sentencing Thompson, said: "Hyde is undoubtedly the man behind this operation but you were is number one man.

"On your arrest you were ready, willing and able to tell police what had been happening." The Judge said Fada was not at first "on the police radar" but the raid on his business implicated him in drug dealing.

- The Northern Echo (UK) / 2008-09-19

Pity they weren't apprehended in Singapore, Malaysia, UAE............

Victories in war are seldom achieved without blood letting. The war on drugs is no different - about time they stopped pussyfooting around & start fighting it. :o

Victories in war are seldom achieved without blood letting. The war on drugs is no different - about time they stopped pussyfooting around & start fighting it. :o

"War on drugs," do you really believe this rubbish? Chris Rock puts it this way: "Drug dealers don't sell drugs, they offer drugs. Drug dealers don't need to sell drugs, drugs sell themselves."

"War on drugs," do you really believe this rubbish? Chris Rock puts it this way: "Drug dealers don't sell drugs, they offer drugs. Drug dealers don't need to sell drugs, drugs sell themselves."

In its current form - yes it's rubbish. I'm talking of all out war on growers, suppliers, dealers, addicts - the whole chain. I shall spare the more sensitive types from the full details, but, let's say that zero tolerance really would mean zero tolerance, with harsh justice to back it up. When you achieve enough posts to enter Bedlam, you'll be able to read about the justice I advocate.

In its current form - yes it's rubbish. I'm talking of all out war on growers, suppliers, dealers, addicts - the whole chain. I shall spare the more sensitive types from the full details, but, let's say that zero tolerance really would mean zero tolerance, with harsh justice to back it up. When you achieve enough posts to enter Bedlam, you'll be able to read about the justice I advocate.

Fair enough Clayton. Can't say I'll necessarily agree with you, but I'll certainly look forward to it. There's nothing I like more than a debate on drugs (no, not literally). I suppose I'd better get posting then...

mk

7 Years = 4.5 years.

3 years = 18months.

The offences are hardly that serious so quite why you should advocate medieval punishment is somewhat puzzling.

Your definition of what may constitute minor crimes is equally mystifying and in all truth appears as half baked as your evident thought processes.

Criminals distributing illicit drugs tend to do so in an environment which favours their endeavour and I doubt very much that this gang chose the North east of England

over Thailand because of luck as you idiotically suggest.

£200 / 3.3 = £60.60 per gram

Thomas Thompson, who was described as Hyde's "Number one man" had his home raided in July last year. There police found 250 grams of cocaine, with a street value of £40,000

£40,000 / 250 = £160 per gram !

Market forces normally drive prices down when the quantity goes up

Slightly contradictory. I wonder who actually makes these figures up.

Better be careful with that one Clayton. they will have to lock up a lot of The people in top government, cops ,& most of your favorite actors Maybe even someone in your family (closet user)

Wasn't it Rush Limbaugh in America the high & almighty that said they should be imprisoned forever as he was injesting enough Oxycontins to kill a horse. They let him off the hook without even jail time & he involved Doctors his servants & anyone else he could to make sure he could get his fiend on.

If someone isn't doing you personal harm Who cares.

Besides these guys are backyard suppliers.with super small amounts they were charged with. Better we should let the type of people that scam millions of dollars with no remorse go freely so the minor patsies in life can be their scapegoats.

Better be careful with that one Clayton. they will have to lock up a lot of The people in top government, cops ,& most of your favorite actors Maybe even someone in your family (closet user) I'm unsympathetic towards any of your examples - including family members.

Wasn't it Rush Limbaugh in America the high & almighty that said they should be imprisoned forever as he was injesting enough Oxycontins to kill a horse. They let him off the hook without even jail time & he involved Doctors his servants & anyone else he could to make sure he could get his fiend on.

Besides these guys are backyard suppliers.with super small amounts they were charged with. Better we should let the type of people that scam millions of dollars with no remorse go freely so the minor patsies in life can be their scapegoats.

Edited by ClaytonSeymour

Better be careful with that one Clayton. they will have to lock up a lot of The people in top government, cops ,& most of your favorite actors Maybe even someone in your family (closet user)

Well put. Rush Limbaugh - I think Bill Hicks said it best: "Scatmunchers." Actually maybe he was talking about Jesse Helms...

Edited by MKAsok

Ok, I'll bite. How is someone like this allowed to get out of the country in the first place? And while we're at it, why do police continue to fart around with the middle men instead of dealing with the sources and consumers?

250 grams? Gimme a <deleted>' break! It's probably no more than 25 grams of actual cocaine with all the cutting. No doubt some heavy sleuthing there. The US just picked up a highly sophisticated home-built submarine with 17 pure tons (edit: 7 tons, sorry) of that shit on board. And that's only the occasional one that gets caught.

How many cops and how many man hours were invested into busting what effectively amounts to the drug business equivalent of a small group of "used car salesmen." Is that really an effective use of police time and taxpayer dollars?

I might be conservative in my politics, but I'm progressive on the vices. If people want to kill themselves with lethal products like tobacco and cocaine, then who is so moral to say what consumers can and can't have? Societies can't afford to build the sizes of police forces and prisions needed to effectively enforce the laws. As a result, the criminal justice and penal systems are biased and corrupt.

Legalize it, regulate it, tax it .... and let Darwinism and free markets sort out the rest.

I thought people had already figured this out during the debacle that was American Prohibition. What's the old line ... those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Edited by Spee

A fourth defendant, John Scott, 38, of Chaucer Avenue, South Shields had his sentence for supply of cocaine and transferring money to Thailand adjourned until October 20 for the preparation of a psychiatric report.

I'm a criminal? :o

I transfer money to Thailand all the time - well, every month.

£200 / 3.3 = £60.60 per gram

Thomas Thompson, who was described as Hyde's "Number one man" had his home raided in July last year. There police found 250 grams of cocaine, with a street value of £40,000

£40,000 / 250 = £160 per gram !

Market forces normally drive prices down when the quantity goes up

Slightly contradictory. I wonder who actually makes these figures up.

Depends on the quality

Just realised - there IS no Morrisons in Shields!!

youre right , far too classy.

taken over by lidl probably.

There is a brand new lidl in south shields but asda is the most popular.

As far as the knee trembler is concerned you can always walk down marine or bents park and do the deed there, or even the beach although, the sand does, understandably have it draw backs.