Visa To Burmar

Hi there..

I am new on posting questions. But I have spent times here quite long as a guest to read information on this site.

Now i have some questions to ask. First, I am Thai gal married to Swiss citizen. We ( My husband and his swiss friends would like to go across Maesai border, just half day trip. We wouldn't spend the night in Burma.

For me, it 's no problem to go across border as being Thai. I just would like to know whether my husband and his friends can across border by asking visa at Mae Sai or not? Where is it the place to ask for visa? Or it is better to ask visa from BKK? How much does it cost per person?.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kiddee, just get a stamp when leaving Thailand at the Thai immigration counter. Then walk a few meters to the Burmese immigration counter and pay 200baht (?) at Mae Sai (500baht at Mae Sot).

The entry stamp for Burma will allow you to stay for a day (meaning that you'll have to return the same day). The Burmese immigration will hold onto your passport and will give you a receipt. Pick up PP when you leave Burma.