Mafia Police

jamesthefirst

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James da thirst must have missed out on da golden rules of life.

Rule #1: treat everything you hear as being a load of crap until you can touch it, see it, feel it or taste it.

Rule #2: never tell anyone how much you are worth....anywhere in the world.

Rule #3: never get married no matter what.

Rule #4: Say "No" to every request for anything....even the tools in your workshop.

Thats all you need to know.

Rule #1: treat everything you hear as being a load of crap until you can touch it, see it, feel it or taste it.

Rule #4: Say "No" to every request for anything....even the tools in your workshop.

Except if, like me you are worth next to nothing. In which case you should let everybody know and then you get left alone. :o

All round to yours to the bbq this w/e then?

sounds as though the wife has a gambling habit

...with a bill that needs paying sharpish....

Thing is the op probably spoke with his wife to say that some people he met on the internet don't believe her story. hmmmm.... In steps the 'lawyer'... Where did the lawyer come form? did the mrs intorduce him? Easy to get a man in a suit who can speak a few words of english when a cut of 2 hundred k is at stake. Aghhhhhhh.

The more i read this the more it stinks.

I repeat what i suggested before, he should go to the police station by himself, or with an independent translator and find out what is happening.

That stationary store contract isn't worth much though if the debtor does a runner. The best collateral is a sell by proxy contract with property/chanote as collateral with automatic transfer within 3 years.... it is then the burden of the debtor to pay off his/her debt before the sell by proxy contract expires.

:o

....actualy it includes just that: having to hand over the Chanote.

Yes, the only loan with anything on paper is that backed by a free Chanote in hand - and then go register the debt at the land office.

That stationary store contract isn't worth much though if the debtor does a runner. The best collateral is a sell by proxy contract with property/chanote as collateral with automatic transfer within 3 years.... it is then the burden of the debtor to pay off his/her debt before the sell by proxy contract expires.

:o

....actualy it includes just that: having to hand over the Chanote.

Yes, the only loan with anything on paper is that backed by a free Chanote in hand - and then go register the debt at the land office.

That is common but still second tier in terms of reliability. That type of 'jumnong' arrangement, while registered with the land office, doesn't include automatic execution. What often happens is that all it does is keep the debtor from selling the property (since it has a jumnong type "lien" on it). So what you'd have (in the event of default) is the debtor in breach of contract with inability to sell as well. What you don't have is the ability to actually force them to transfer the property to you. What typically ensues is a drawn out negotiation (which may involve the court system... oi vey! if it comes to that) where the debtor will likely push you to reduce the debt and possibly throw more cash into the deal to facilitate the transfer, the rationale is usually that "you've made more than enough interest" already... or that "the property is worth 3 times the loan," etc. etc.

Sell-by-proxy (also registered with the land office) bypasses all of this and includes automatic transfer.

:D

I should also add that the "handing over the physical chanote (or car registration or title to whatever...)" thing that a lot of locals do has no legal meaning, and is just symbolic, it's no different than me handing you my driver license or social security card.

Edited by Heng

I think that this this tale has so much count and counterpoint and is SO funny AND pathetic, that no-one can be so dumb, that the whole saga and postings is a put up job by trolls and sock puppets.

Some of the posts are exquisite, We even have someone believing that ethics are the province of only the religious.I'll bet he's never read Dawkins. Harris or Hitchens.

That compassion was the main theme of the Inquisitions and Witch Hunts is of course well known.

Please NEVER close this topic.