Singapore F1 Night Race What Chanel ?

ozymandious

Does anyone know what Chanel the Singapore F1 night race will be carried on? (UBC/Truvisions)

Do you have the date and time(s) too?

I've tried searching www.truevisionstv.com and their site is horrible to navigate. As best I can tell what looks to be correct is

Starsports (65)

FIA F1 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS RACEDAY 200828-Sep-2008 17:30

FIA F1 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS RACES 2008

28-Sep-2008 18:45

doe this look right?

Does anyone know what Chanel the Singapore F1 night race will be carried on? (UBC/Truvisions)

I've tried searching www.truevisionstv.com and their site is horrible to navigate. As best I can tell what looks to be correct is

Starsports (65)

doe this look right?

Race Date: 28 September 2008, 08.00PM according to http://www.f1singapore.com/ - so that's 7 PM in Thailand.

And, according to UBC schedule:

28/09/2008 Sunday: 18:45-20:45 Star Sports.... FIA F1 World Championships Races 2008

28/09/2008 Sunday: 20:45-21:30 Star Sports.... FIA F1 World Championships Chequered Flag 2008

So it looks it's on live at 7 PM.

all f1 races have always been shown live in Southeast Asia, India and HK by Starsports (at least for more than a decade now).

the typical coverage is the live qualifying on saturday (for singapore gp, it's 9pm BKK time), a one-hour pre-race program on sunday called "Race Day", and right after that, the live race coverage itself (again, for sg gp, it's 7 pm BKK time). after the race, there's another 1-hour wrap up program, the "Checkered Flag".

as a special coverage for the Singapore GP (singapore being the hub of Star Asia tv), they are showing the Friday practice sessions starting at 8pm BKK time.

Starsports (65)

doe this look right?

Race Date: 28 September 2008, 08.00PM according to http://www.f1singapore.com/ - so that's 7 PM in Thailand.

28/09/2008 Sunday: 18:45-20:45 Star Sports.... FIA F1 World Championships Races 2008

28/09/2008 Sunday: 20:45-21:30 Star Sports.... FIA F1 World Championships Chequered Flag 2008

Thanks for the info , quite clear

Thanks again!

.... and theres me wondering why Ferrari don't have sponsored by the FIA stickers. :o

:D

Bernie Ecclestone, Ron Dennis, Jean Todt - just line 'em up against a wall and .....

Well, maybe not Jean Todt - at least he gives the impression he's not an attention-seeking self-publicising a$$hole, but the other two make me want to gallery_35489_975_7999.gif

:D Vettel 10th fastest!! :D Did anyone really think his win at Monza was anything more than pure luck with the weather?

Hero to zero. :o

He just got out early in Monza and thus got pole, If it was not for the mclaren team f'ing up again with the weather Hamilton would have won that race. He was lucky with the weather although I rate him to be an up and coming star no doubt about it. I imagine he will move onto rari after he finishes at Red Bull which he is moving to next year to replace Coultard.

Deffo one to look for in the future

.... and theres me wondering why Ferrari don't have sponsored by the FIA stickers. :o

Bernie Ecclestone, Ron Dennis, Jean Todt - just line 'em up against a wall and .....

Well, maybe not Jean Todt - at least he gives the impression he's not an attention-seeking self-publicising a$$hole, but the other two make me want to gallery_35489_975_7999.gif

Sick with envy?

Second practice

Now where the h-ll did Alonso pop up from!

TBWG :(

PS I didn't see Spanky (Max) flouncing around the pits like he did at Monza, still plenty of time yet for him to put in an appearance.

Blatently running on fumes, just another publicity stunt :o:D

Lewis will storm to pole tomorrow, he did not even look as though he was trying, Massa took over as quickest and Hamilton just comes out and goes faster in two laps, Massa did way more laps then Hamilton because he needs to :D:D:D little twerp !

I have just got back home from watching the F1 practice here in Singers.

What a show,,first time I have seen a F1 car and with all the spectacle of a night race here it really was an experience.

The stands have been erected only for this event,the city centre closed down and the whole place is gripped by F1 fever.

I am really a lover of Motorbikes but the speeds that these cars get to and slow down from is really incredible.

Also,the road circuit is new to all the drivers which makes this quite an historic event.

cheers

Sick with envy?

Absolutely. Bast@rds. hissyfit8wr.gif

PS. Qualifying on now!

The twerp has done it :o:D:D must be running heavy on fuel !

Yep. :( Hamilton looked like he was trying a little too hard while twerpy had a perfect lap.

Alonso should stick to making slow motion adverts for ING.

heheheheh Alonso is another twerp, both of them seem to have no necks just a head on shoulders...twerp's. As you can see I have a great dislike for the both of them :D

Hamilton should do ok tomorrow as I am sure Massa is lightly fueled

Edited by bravingbangkok

heheheheh Alonso is another twerp, both of them seem to have no necks just a head on shoulders...twerp's. As you can see I have a great dislike for the both of them :o

Hamilton should do ok tomorrow as I am sure Massa is lightly fueled

I didn't used to like Alonso much before, but when his smirking grin appears in just about every advert break... it's enough to start me throwing things at the screen!

Anyone else thinking that Steve Slater is trying to win "the most irritating commentator of the year award", recently vacated by Murray Walker.

James Hunt RIP. We miss you.

If - like me - you could imagine a better commentator on Starsport than Steve "absolutely" Slater, watch the Live Timing on www.formula 1.com and get all the information you need to follow the race.

I use it to monitor lap times and gaps between the cars. It really gives me a good picture on how the race develops, who is catching up, who looses time and where.

I liked that Starsport showed even the free practices live this time. Way to go! I wish they would do that for every race.

Back in Europe I had a sports channel with 5 sub channels to watch the race from different angles: Main mix, Pit lane, On board, Back markers, Statistics. I really miss that. :o

Overall the F1 coverage is pretty bad. This year it seems worse than others.

What's most annoying is the ad breaks, which always seem to come at bad times. Even when there aren't ad breaks, you quite often miss the important stuff as the producers concentrate on the wrong battle. For example, how about at Spa when Hamilton messed up on the first corner of the second lap, allowing Kimi a run on him up through Eau Rouge. <deleted> was the cameraman focusing on?!!! How can you miss the leading car coming through?!

Another thing that has been sorely lacking is stats as to who is closing in on who. Too often you just get the placings without the times to show where the action is happening.

And as for Steve Slater, yes he does have his irritating moments, but not in the same league as Murray Walker. Despite him, BBC's coverage was fantastic and i miss it so much. It really did a great job of building the atmosphere and excitement before the green lights illuminated. I'm happy to hear that BBC have won coverage back from ITV, which like Star Sports does a pretty bad job. Just a shame we won't be able to get it out here.

Anyway, on a more positive note, the night race in Singapore looks fantastic visually. Just hope it makes for a good race. I thought that Valencia, another street race, was terrible - no overtaking whatsoever. Hope this evening is not like that. Fingers crossed. Go Hamilton!