Clawfoot Tub In Thailand

misterme

Looks like I'm staying in my Thai apartment a little longer than expected. The bathroom is large enough, so I thought I'd buy and bring a bathtub up.

Short of installing it in the bathroom, and all the hastle, I thought by putting in a clawfoot tub, I could just put it in the bathroom, run the shower head over to fill it up, and not even hook up the drain.

But I haven't seen clawfoot tubs in any of the houseware shops. Thai's I've asked don't even know what I'm talking about.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Currently in Phuket, but will be in Bangkok this weekend.

thanks

Looks like I'm staying in my Thai apartment a little longer than expected. The bathroom is large enough, so I thought I'd buy and bring a bathtub up.

Short of installing it in the bathroom, and all the hastle, I thought by putting in a clawfoot tub, I could just put it in the bathroom, run the shower head over to fill it up, and not even hook up the drain.

But I haven't seen clawfoot tubs in any of the houseware shops. Thai's I've asked don't even know what I'm talking about.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Currently in Phuket, but will be in Bangkok this weekend.

thanks

If you can get to Pattaya you're in luck. A new shop opened in the last few months called HOME WORKS. Drive along the Sukhumvit Road through towards Rayong - as if you were going to pass Pattaya, and drive past the Pattaya Tai (South) Road. You'll see Tesco Lotus and Carrefour on your right on the other side of the road (opposite side to you when travelling east). Take the next possible U-Turn after Carrefour. Then go back slowly until you see the entry sign for HOME WORKS.

They have a claw foot bath on display, c/w old style shower mixer, etc. Only problem is that the bath (though old style shape) is a copy and made from acrylic or something. Felt quite solid to me though. If you want a real cast iron enamel bath you'll have to import from the UK and buy in London at one of those architectural salvage places.

Best of luck. :o