Totster Just Got Married

erasmus

My warmest congratulations, Totster.

Wishing you the best.

And please, give a kiss to the bride for me. :D

Any chance of getting some pictures from the wedding? :D

If not, please tell me whether I can post a picture of you with your bride during our Thaivisa meeting... :o:D

Cheers everyone... :D

Well yes, I finally did it....

It was without doubt the happiest and strangest day I have ever had. Try to imagine walking through the village with about 20 people all dancing around banging drums, singing at the tops of their voices, drinking lots of lao kao (at ten in the morning, I have heard they started way before I even got there), I didn't have a clue what they were saying to me, I didn't even know what was going on, I was pulled here, pushed there, stroked, kissed, touched ( women with no teeth :D ), then into the house for some more grabbing, chanting, lighting candles, string around wrists, chanting, grabing touching, screaming, singing... I think you get the picture, but the whole thing was a most extraordinary experience which I will cherish forever. :D

Regarding pictures... I did have some taken, but there has been a problem with the camera (digital) and I'm not sure whether the pictures have been erased or not :D ... The guy in the local shop couldn't really help me much, so I will have to wait until I'm in BKK next. I really hope I haven't lost them. On a more positive side though, I do have some short video clips made on a mobile phone. :D

If anyone is knowledgeable about digital cameras and memory cards maybe you could offer some advice.

Anyway thanks again everyone, I will pass on your congrats to my WIFE :o

totster :D

Congrats to you both , I'll shout you a beer in the Rimpao next time I'm in Kalasin!

:o

Cheers... I'll look forward to it.. :D

Congrats!

Where are the totsters now? Honeymooning on some far away island without internet?

Re: memory card, if it is a SD card, I could extract some pics fro the video for you. PM me when in Bkk.

The Totsters are currently enjoying the village life.... no plans for the moment :D

Re the pictures... If they are still there, they'll be on a smart media card, the video clips are on a Nokia something or other... same as insights phone.

The problem is that I connect the camera direct to the computer using a cable, then using the software with the camera I can upload the pictures to the PC... anyway I didn't realise that the plonker in the local internet shop hadn't earthed his PC's...so now the camera cannot read any memory cards and I cannot extract the pictures... the worrying part is though if the static charge got to the memory card I think the pics will be gone... :D

Regarding pictures... I did have some taken, but there has been a problem with the camera (digital)

So now, you know.

Next time, you invite us, we take the pictures... :D:D

Ahhhh.. the benefit of hindsight.... :D ... anyway I'm hoping there won't be a next time :D

totster :D

Sorry , I've been away from Thai visa for a bit..

Toster is married now?!!

Congratulations! :D

As for myslef, I know for a fact that if I ever stay in Thailand more than a month, I would probably be married as well! :o

So are you guys planning to stay in the Land of Smiles, or move back to The Green And Pleasant Land?

Sorry , I've been away from Thai visa for a bit..

Toster is married now?!!

Congratulations!  :D

As for myslef, I know for a fact that if I ever stay in Thailand more than a month, I would probably be married as well!  :D

So are you guys planning to stay in the Land of Smiles, or move back to The Green And Pleasant Land?

"The Green And Pleasant Land" - are you referring to the UK..? :D:D

I'm sure she will visit blighty at some point... I'm here till aprilish 2005 then I go to the UK... prolly work a bit more and come again for a while... no big plans as yet...apart from the house..! :D

cheers

Totster :o:D

"The Green And Pleasant Land" - are you referring to the UK..?  :o  :D

As your famous poet William Blake once referred to The British Isles....

What? You mean it's not true? :D:D

If so , I do hope you can stay in Thailand as long as possible! :D

Cheers everyone... 

Well yes, I finally did it....

It was without doubt the happiest and strangest day I have ever had.  Try to imagine walking through the village with about 20 people all dancing around banging drums, singing at the tops of their voices, drinking lots of lao kao (at ten in the morning, I have heard they started way before I even got there), I didn't have a clue what they were saying to me, I didn't even know what was going on, I was pulled here, pushed there, stroked, kissed, touched ( women with no teeth  :D ), then into the house for some more grabbing, chanting, lighting candles, string around wrists, chanting, grabing touching, screaming, singing... I think you get the picture,  but the whole thing was a most extraordinary experience which I will cherish forever.  

Regarding pictures... I did have some taken, but there has been a problem with the camera (digital) and I'm not sure whether the pictures have been erased or not The guy in the local shop couldn't really help me much, so I will have to wait until I'm in BKK next. I really hope I haven't lost them.  On a more positive side though, I do have some short video clips made on a mobile phone.

If anyone is knowledgeable about digital cameras and memory cards maybe you could offer some advice.

Anyway thanks again everyone, I will pass on your congrats to my WIFE  :D

totster

I didn't have a clue what they were saying to me, I didn't even know what was going on, I was pulled here, pushed there, stroked, kissed, touched ( women with no teeth  :D )
It sounds like the celebrations were a bit wild. :o

How about a 'civil ceremony' later? (pun) :D

It was without doubt the happiest and strangest day I have ever had
I didn't have a clue what they were saying to me
I will pass on your congrats to my WIFE  :D

Congratulations Danny! :D

Here's some homework in Thai which your beloved wife could help you with when things have calmed down. :D

ขอแสดงความยินดีที่คุณฉลาดในการเลือกภรรยาได้ดี "koh sa-daeng kwaam yin-dee tee kuhn cha-laat nai gaan leu-ak pan-ra-yaa dai dee" :D

ขอจงรับความปรารถนาดีของผมด้วย "koh jong rup kwaam praa-ta-naa dee korng pom doo-ai" :D

Cheers and good luck,

Snowleopard