Above Ground Pools

Khutan

I have been on and off about building a pool in Surin and I have had a number of quotes drastically changing from 400,000 to 1.5M for the same specification pool being 10x5 meters. Nothing really special. I even went to the trouble of getting some engineering drawings of an old pool I had built in a similar situation and I got a quote of 550k for the complete job.

As the builder seemed to know what he was talking about and could look at the engineering drawings properly, I decided to engage his services. Needless to say, he has been fired and got away only with a small amount of money.

Then I realised that for much less I could install an Above Ground pool. I moved to a rented home many years ago that had a huge back yard, and one summer I took a few days off work and from memory about 10 years ago I got the complete unit installed and swimming in it for about $4,000 AUD or 120,000 Baht. They are not particularly difficult to construct as long as you lave level land.

After Shipping and Import duties, I think going from the internet price of a supplier in Australia of an Australian made pool that I will probably be spending 150,000 to have the thing complete.

After a search of the internet, there does not seem to be any real supplier of Above Ground Pools, apart from a few models that I would say look temporary. I was thinking of installing something like this page8_1.jpg

So is there a local Above Ground Pool supplier, or do I need to import one myself ?

Does anyone else have an above ground pool or know anything about them?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have been on and off about building a pool in Surin and I have had a number of quotes drastically changing from 400,000 to 1.5M for the same specification pool being 10x5 meters. Nothing really special. I even went to the trouble of getting some engineering drawings of an old pool I had built in a similar situation and I got a quote of 550k for the complete job.

As the builder seemed to know what he was talking about and could look at the engineering drawings properly, I decided to engage his services. Needless to say, he has been fired and got away only with a small amount of money.

Then I realised that for much less I could install an Above Ground pool. I moved to a rented home many years ago that had a huge back yard, and one summer I took a few days off work and from memory about 10 years ago I got the complete unit installed and swimming in it for about $4,000 AUD or 120,000 Baht. They are not particularly difficult to construct as long as you lave level land.

After Shipping and Import duties, I think going from the internet price of a supplier in Australia of an Australian made pool that I will probably be spending 150,000 to have the thing complete.

After a search of the internet, there does not seem to be any real supplier of Above Ground Pools, apart from a few models that I would say look temporary. I was thinking of installing something like this page8_1.jpg

So is there a local Above Ground Pool supplier, or do I need to import one myself ?

Does anyone else have an above ground pool or know anything about them?

yes i used to have one and bought it from a company in bangkok called toyznet http://www.toyznet.com they have them all .... also on gmail messenger as [email protected] hope this is helpful

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply - my answer Yes and No.

I was looking for something big like this to permanently fix into the ground.

068.jpg

But more in a style like this

004.jpg

The other thread had temporary or the smaller circular "Biscuit Tin" pools.

• 6 months later...