Retirement Visa

Can anyone advise me on the latest requirement for a YEARLY proof of pension letter?

I retired in 2001 and produced the letter of pension amount to the immigration dept.

.and have never been asked for another letter.

This year they asked me to produce another letter I did notice that the stamp saying RETIREMENT in 2007 was in RED, and the 2008 stamp returned to BLUE.

I tend to always be aware of anything stamped in RED in my passport.

Any advive on this would be very helpful if I can save 2300 baht.

Regards tony A

You have to proof your income. If the incoem is from within Thailand you need to show it by way of your tax papers. Is the income is from abroad you need a letter from your embassy to certify your income.

It is also possible to show an amount of 200,000 baht in a Thai bank account for the last 3 months or a combination of incoma and ammount in the bank account.

The rules for extension on base of retirement you can find here:

http://www.lawyer.th.com/National_Police_O...er_Oct_2006.pdf

(point 7.21)

Edit:

Your embassy decides what they will accept as proof of your income.

Edited by Mario2008

Is there any reason why the Embassy letter must come from Bangkok. For example, could we lucky residents of Issan nip across the border at say Nong Khai, and get a letter from our respective embassy in Vientiane?

It would save a lot of hassle and expense in not having to go to Bangkok.

Is there any reason why the Embassy letter must come from Bangkok. For example, could we lucky residents of Issan nip across the border at say Nong Khai, and get a letter from our respective embassy in Vientiane?

Sorry, if you're U.S., as believe such notarial fees are standard with all U.S. embassies.

Mac

The problem probably woould be that it would be on letter head showing the Lao consulate instead of a conulate in Thailand.

It would mean checking with immigration to see if they would accept it.

Also would the consulate in Vientiane do it. Also phone call or email to get an answer in this case.

Sorry, if you're U.S., as believe such notarial fees are standard with all U.S. embassies.

Mac

Mac I was not referring to embassy fees - more to the cost (and time) of getting to and from Bangkok, plus probable accommodation.

BTW, I am not US, and happily so :o