Best Bacon In Chiang Mai?

Ulysses G.

I lOVE bacon of all types, but being brought up in the U.S., I prefer that style. Bake and Bite has amazingly good American bacon. The texture and flavor are wonderful, but I have to admit that it is very salty, although I do not mind.

Where else has good American bacon?

Who has the best British style?

Is there any good Canadian bacon in town?

(Please do not ban me for this post Blinky, because I really want to know). :o

I lOVE bacon of all types, but being brought up in the U.S., I prefer that style. Bake and Bite has amazingly good American bacon. The texture and flavor are wonderful, but I have to admit that it is very salty, although I do not mind.

1 month in the kuk and 1 lash should take care of you for this thread Ewe Gee.

Edited by Blinky Bill

For a reply on this you would have to talk to my cat. He has tasted just about every type of bacon Chiang Mai has to offer.

Personally I hate the stuff, that's why I feed it to the cat - who is by the way an adopted stray and has acquired a taste for the finer things in life.

I think I must have tried about every brand of Bacon thats available here.The Canadian style is too sweet for me....Belucky streaky isnt bad,a bit fatty ,but thats useful for the fried bread.Yorkies comes in streakyand back,and I think this is my favorite,not too sweet or salty.

Whilst on this food subject,again I am sure I have tried every brand of 'English Pork Sausages". Whilst some have been better than others I am still looking.None of these are even near what I get back home.I was quite excited when guys here posted rave reports on the 'Jabberwocky" ones. However I wasnt impresses at all. Although the Garlic,basil and tomato ones had a good taste the texture was just not right...somehow they were "bitty".....so Im still looking...probably have to think of making my own.

UG, where does Bake and Bite buy the best bacon?

Just to stick my nose in..... If its really salty, its probably Gunther's , marketed as G&M . You can find it in Rimping and other places.

or

when you want to go on a real safari, you can try and work your way out this place out in Doi Saket.

Gunther is German and really a great guy. He has been here for a number of years and has a restaurant out there that despite being really on an unbeaten path , in the middle of nowhere, does a trembous business. Its good to see that hard work can pay off with success.

His bacon is great if you like the salty smoked type..... I use his bacon and Thai German for the not so salty.

Gonzo

While the world markets are nose diving and the seas are rising, UG is still busy eating. Buddha was wrong, some things are permanent.

I'll probably go out and get some company as well - while I still can.

Why worry, be happy! :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

OK UG

you suckered me in as you know last time I answered a thread like this they banned me for a week but what the hel_l you asked a direct question and my answer is sausage king his back bacon is EXACTLY LIKE THAT IN THE UK no ifs or buts its spot on

OK see you in a week :D

Do you know any restaraunts in Thapae Gate Area that serve Sausage King back bacon, so that I can try it?

Are you still there? :o

Blue Sky Bar (after 6pm)

Both Chiang mai saloons

Rays Bar

The What

thats all I can think of right now but theres a bunch more

was gonna mention sausages are good too but thought that might put the last nail in the coffin LOL

Edited by FarangCravings

Thanks Thaimiller,

I knew someone would give me a good answer. What are the coordinates to your freezer? I remember getting some bacon in amelika that was Danish. It came in a tall can and I used to pack it on my burro, Shadrack on my excursions into the many high mountain lakes in central Washington. Love to find more of that stuff

Thanks Thaimiller,

I knew someone would give me a good answer. What are the coordinates to your freezer? I remember getting some bacon in amelika that was Danish. It came in a tall can and I used to pack it on my burro, Shadrack on my excursions into the many high mountain lakes in central Washington. Love to find more of that stuff

The burro was that good , Huh??? :o

Up in the higher elev's, you ever find need for a "three burro night"/