2nd Hand Land Rover

midas

I'm going to be involved in agricultural and horticultural activities in Isaan and I

thought of buying a workhorse vehicle !

I was thinking how about a secondhand Land Rover ?

Is anyone knowledgeable in this forum who can comment on where would be the best

place to buy one of these vehicles and would be ok from the point of view

of servicing, repairs and spare parts?

Is a Land Rover practical vehicle for Thailand?

Midas ,

We haven't forgotten you just don't know yet. I used to know a teacher with a LWB station wagon version so need to find him.

Don't forget the old adage though.

When in Rome.......

Edited by VocalNeal

midas landrovers are very good offroad machines. here in nakhom pathom they have some older ones for sale just outside the town on the main petkasem highway passed makro. spares are no problem as long as you import them. i imagine that most here would have a toyota engine in by now not the original.

and the old ones have a bone shaking ride.

ever thought of a toyota landcuiser they are good offroad as well.

allan

I'm going to be involved in agricultural and horticultural activities in Isaan and I

thought of buying a workhorse vehicle! I was thinking how about a secondhand Land Rover? Is a Land Rover practical vehicle for Thailand?

There are many Land Rover enthusiasts around the world, many on the internet in forums discussing repairs and modifications.

Issan farmers tend to have older Nissan/Datsuns, Isuzu and for those that make a profit Toyotas.

The most common 'farmer's' choice is a two door single cab pickup. Depends if you are taking roses to the local flower shop or live pigs to the weekly market? If you get a 7 seater ensure the pigs wear their seat belts otherwise they tend to play up on long trips, "....are we there they?" etc.

You do not see many (any?) Issan farmers using LR for daily use.

• 2 weeks later...

An old series Land Rover would not be my first choice, the payload area is very small due to the large inner wheel arches, the ride is very bumpy, spares are not going to be easy to find, Maybe ok for a farm in England but here I would get an old Jap pickup of some sort :o